Dickov Seals Morais Deal

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was at BP yesterday and looked all smiles when leaving and getting into his car. Unless he's lined up another deal elsewhere and delivered the bombshell to PD, looks like his contract is sorted.

Just on a separate note - the Latics shop is extremely bare and paints a really negative picture about the club....depressing is the word that springs to mind! Unsure if we're getting new merchandise delivered with the new badge but I thought restocking with next season's training gear would appear around now when people are renewing and collecting STs or buying the new away shirt.

Majority of other clubs at our level have this cracked with a decent selection of training gear available pre-season, especially training tops, tees and vests as fans buy to take on holiday.

Looked more like a closing-down sale and not the heartbeat of the off-field income generation.

Surely a cut-price tee with the new embroidered club crest in a selection of colours to align with local kids football teams (or alignment with local school PE and football teams) is the key to securing the next generation of fans. Wear the crest with pride and secure the kids wearing our colours rather than those slightly further afield?! It's OK for me to comment down here but taking other lower league clubs in the midlands area, they are all over the kids to entice them away from your Villa, B'ham City, Wolves etc.

He was at BP yesterday and looked all smiles when leaving and getting into his car. Unless he's lined up another deal elsewhere and delivered the bombshell to PD, looks like his contract is sorted.

Just on a separate note - the Latics shop is extremely bare and paints a really negative picture about the club....depressing is the word that springs to mind! Unsure if we're getting new merchandise delivered with the new badge but I thought restocking with next season's training gear would appear around now when people are renewing and collecting STs or buying the new away shirt.

Majority of other clubs at our level have this cracked with a decent selection of training gear available pre-season, especially training tops, tees and vests as fans buy to take on holiday.

Looked more like a closing-down sale and not the heartbeat of the off-field income generation.

Surely a cut-price tee with the new embroidered club crest in a selection of colours to align with local kids football teams (or alignment with local school PE and football teams) is the key to securing the next generation of fans. Wear the crest with pride and secure the kids wearing our colours rather than those slightly further afield?! It's OK for me to comment down here but taking other lower league clubs in the midlands area, they are all over the kids to entice them away from your Villa, B'ham City, Wolves etc.

Did you ask why the shop looked so barren?

I dont understand how this has worked. PD says he was always going to stay so why not just announce it earlier. Have they just been waiting for signatures to make it official?

Also, i think his progress is encouraging as he didnt do much at previous clubs. This same may happen with this Spanish striker that we are looking at....

Centre Back (Mvoto) and mr twentygoalaseason and mr.shotsopper.and.leaping.salmnon extraordinaire, mr.inspirational leader,and mr flying-down-the-wing-crossing-to-within-an inch-of-the-target please !

FIFY !

Edited by singe

Was the review DVD playing on the screen in the shop? I suggested that it should be as a plug to shift a few more copies.

Was the review DVD playing on the screen in the shop? I suggested that it should be as a plug to shift a few more copies.

It would have to be the review from the first part of the season! I was in the shop yesterday and agree that it looked barren. Maybe we need visually to get cracking on a few more new t-shirt designs etc?

Great news about Morais. There is much room for improvement, but he's been the most exciting player to watch at BP for some time.