Dale Stephens

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Charlton are also set to complete the £400,000 signing of Danny Green from Dagenham" most important line on there, how the hell are Dagenham getting more for him, than we have for Stephens?

Because he's a better player? 25 goals in 88 FL matches from an out and out winger and the only thing missing from his game when I saw him regularly was goals!

Edited by Dave_Og

Because he's a better player? 25 goals in 88 FL matches from an out and out winger and the only thing missing from his game when I saw him regularly was goals!

Maybe, maybe not. But they've still been able to hold out for a bigger fee.

Given he was pretty annonymous at Southampton, I think we have done well.

Hes our best player, would of been our leading scorer had he not gone to saints. The fact other teams are selling players for around a million when they are full backs who are seen to have potential and we sell our best player, one of the best passers in our league and a creative player for half of the price is shocking. We could of held off for more money considering there were more teams interested. IMO its a panic sell, cos its 6 figures and they feel they need the money fast so we can buy.

Just hope we get some real quality in cause we are in danger of going down.

I'm happy IF it is 375k but it hasn't even been announced! we all just moaning coz we're board or what? I for 1 believe pd will make the best out of what budget he does have.

I believe he will aswell. But if stephens has gone for £375k, thats a few hundred grand short of what it should be with Stephens gone

why do people keep going on about his goal scoring talents? he scored 2 freekicks? and how many penalties? he is one of the better players at our level yes but come on! 700k as someone said? nah. I personally would of held out for as close to 500k as possible but 375k + add ons and sell on clause isn't a bad deal. Now give keiron lee a shot in the middle and i'm sure it'll be a case of dale who? by xmas

why do people keep going on about his goal scoring talents? he scored 2 freekicks? and how many penalties? he is one of the better players at our level yes but come on! 700k as someone said? nah. I personally would of held out for as close to 500k as possible but 375k + add ons and sell on clause isn't a bad deal. Now give keiron lee a shot in the middle and i'm sure it'll be a case of dale who? by xmas

Given todays market in football, its reasonable to look for £700k!

Also, keep Lee at RB, and give Winchester a chance in middle, Lee's made the RB place his own and is comfortable there and gives the team balance..

He played six times for them in a little over a month and they won five of those games. How do you figure he was anonymous?

The fact that southampton aren't following up their interest in him kind of backs this point up after all if he was important to them they could have easily outdone charlton in obtaining his signature.

Also, keep Lee at RB, and give Winchester a chance in middle, Lee's made the RB place his own and is comfortable there and gives the team balance..

Only if people are prepared to pay anything like that and obviously they weren't!

Its possible that some Latics fans are also being a little bit biased about what he was worth aswell is it not?

I work in mortgages and 99.9% of people over estimate the price of their property aswell you know........no really!

Winchester hasn't been signed on yet.

am i right in thinking he's still our player for 12 months on his youth contract as it's only the the pro deal he hasn't yet signed?

and rob:

When was the last 21 year old central midfielder from a skint league 1 club sold for 700k? You talk about 'todays market'. the majority of clubs outside the pl (and even some in the pl) are skint or living beyond their means. There are that many players available on frees, it automatically reduces what people will pay.

1) what does it matter if he has 76 years on his contract? A buying club will look at what they get for wages plus fee minus potential sell on. So asking for the moon means we get :censored: all. 2) why is it that our :censored: players become great when they are sold? Eardley was a better midfielder than stephens and the only player we have been robbed for, and the fans played a big part in that. Trotters, philli and spencer we were laughing all the way to the bank

People seem to be really over exaggerating Dales ability. He is/was not our best player, and, goals aside, was anonymous for large parts of last season. He is a good player, but getting nearly 400k for a guy who was our 3rd, maybe 4th best player isn't that bad business, is it?

Edited by JonesyOAFC

People seem to be really over exaggerating Dales ability. He is/was not our best player, and, goals aside, was anonymous for large parts of last season. He is a good player, but getting nearly 400k for a guy who was our 3rd, maybe 4th best player isn't that bad business, is it?

+1 and like i said, his goals were mainly fks and pks

He's still a year left on his scholarship... We just offered him pro contract early

and c.hill..

Scott Arfield moved from Falkirk to Huddersfield for £600k

Fabian Delph moved to Aston Villa for £8m

David Edwards moved from Luton to Wolves for £880k