Bang. Down she goes.

Ackey

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens to the sun and Murdoch's pursuit of sky now?

Nothing because no one has the balls to stand up to NewsCorp.

As for the NotW I never read it, as it was dog :censored:.

However it's easy to forget the people who will be affected by it's closure beyond the Journalists... there's the printers, cleaners, all sorts of innocent people will be heavily impacted by the actions of a select and highly paid few - most of whom it seems at this stage will get off scot free!

NOTW surely looks set to be rebranded as The Sun on Sunday. I believe the employees of NOTW will have to apply for a job with the "new" Sunday red-top - which somehow looks like they're to blame, which hardly seems fair as the people responsible for this meltdown have either moved on to other tabs or moved up the seemingly untouchable NewsCorp hierarchy. Time will tell if the general public who bought the :censored:rag that was the NOTW will migrate to the Sun on Sunday, they probably will - again, time will tell if the people still in control of their new Sunday editorial will have changed their attitude towards journalism.

<br><br>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v1AJjnl2y8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<br><br>

Myler was quoted as saying this:

<br><br>

"Like the rest of you I was appalled by these allegations," he told staff. "There is a great deal of anger directed towards this newspaper for past actions under a different regime. If these allegations are proved they would amount to the most devastating breach of journalistic ethics imaginable. These allegations about the NOTW are shocking, but it is not the same newspaper that all of you, my colleagues, recognise today.

<br><br>

"There is an extremely painful period ahead for you all while we get to the bottom of these issues and atone for the wrongs of our predecessors."

<br><br>

Myler is being prevented from attacking the previous regime of Rebekah Brooks who was editor at the time of the latest allegations.

<br><br>

Myler privately addressed reporters and editors at the paper at which he appeared to directly blame senior managers at the News of the World for allowing large-scale phone-hacking to take place.

<br><br>

Seems a good time to plug this film then, believe me - it's worth watching:

<br><br>

http://www.starsuckersmovie.com/

<br><br>

Nothing because no one has the balls to stand up to NewsCorp.

As for the NotW I never read it, as it was dog :censored:.

However it's easy to forget the people who will be affected by it's closure beyond the Journalists... there's the printers, cleaners, all sorts of innocent people will be heavily impacted by the actions of a select and highly paid few - most of whom it seems at this stage will get off scot free!

The public will continue to purchase the same amount of trashy Sunday tabloids, whether via their rivals increasing sales or a re-branded paper rising from the ashes.

Either way equivalent jobs will be created, probably in exactly the same offices and print shops.

The Sun goes seven days a week and the BSkyB deal goes through in September.

Never underestimate the gullibility of the British public.

Yep, Murdoch had to be seen to do something. Favours simply wouldn't be enough to force the deal through. By September the media will have moved onto another moral panic...

aww all those poor NOTW "jourons" will have to go and scroung sorry claim benefits for there five bedroom mansions now there scrou. . . Sorry again unfortunatly unemployed.

little sympathy to tbh lie down with dogs you get fleas

aww all those poor NOTW "jourons" will have to go and scroung sorry claim benefits for there five bedroom mansions now there scrou. . . Sorry again unfortunatly unemployed.

little sympathy to tbh lie down with dogs you get fleas

I think most of those journalists at the NOTW untarnished by the hacking business will easily find jobs - probably somewhere still within News International, but I would feel sorry for those NOTW employees who had nothing to do with this hacking business and do end up on the dole and struggle. Let's remember that the number of people at NOTW involved in the hacking is very small - probably a handful of rogue journalists - and the NOTW is a massive part of News Internation with lot of employees doing all manner of jobs, totally unconnected to the hackers....cleaners, IT people, security, maintenance, probably any type of job you can think of..

You admitted on here to be struggling for work, IIRC. Do you not feel a bit harsh on those at the NOTW who will be out of work having been in that position yourself ? You do seem to just target 'jourons' in your post, but as I say, it's probably a few rougues, and this hacking apparently happened before many of the current lot started..

Edited by Yard Dog

The Jam 1978:

Power, Pop!

Read about the things that happen throughout the world

Don't be believe in everything you see or hear

The neighbours talk day in day out about the goings on

They tell us what they want - they don't give an inch

Look at the pictures taken by the cameras they cannot lie

The truth is in what you see - not what you read

Little men tapping things out - points of view

Remember their views are not the gospel truth

Don't believe it all

Find out for yourself

Check before you spread

News of the world

Never doubt

Never ask

Never moan

Never search

Never find

Never know

Each morning our key to the world comes through the door

More than often its just a comic, not much more

Don't take it too serious - not many do

Read between the lines and you'll find the truth

Read all about it, read all about it - news of the world

Joe Jackson 1979:

Mother doesn’t go out any more

Just sits at home and rolls her spastic eyes

But every weekend through the door

Come words of wisdom from the world outside

If you want to know about the bishop and the actress

If you want to know how to be a star

If you want to know about the stains on the mattress

You can read it in the Sunday papers, Sunday papers

Mothers wheelchair stays out in the hall

Why should she go out when the TV’s on

Whatever moves beyond these walls

Shell know the facts when Sunday comes along

If you want to know about the man gone bonkers

If you want to know how to play guitar

If you want to know about the other suckers

You can read it in the Sunday papers, read it in the Sunday papers

Sunday papers don’t ask no questions

Sunday papers don’t get no lies

Sunday papers don’t raise objection

Sunday papers don’t got no eyes

Brothers heading that way now I guess

He just read something made his face turn blue

Well I got nothing against the press

They wouldn’t print it if it wasn’t true

If you want to know about the gay politician

If you want to know how to drive your car

If you want to know about the new sex position

You can read it in the Sunday papers, read it in the Sunday papers

Read all about it, Sunday papers

front-covers_619_280701a.jpg

Well, anyway - 168 years of journalism up the spout, an institution wrecked by seemingly untouchable megalomaniacs. One thing they must realise is that 200 displaced journo's are not going to write anything favourable about them in the future. Brooks will have to flee the country...

All sides of the house to vote tomorrow that the Murdoch bid for Sky should be abandoned.

I didn't like Ed's bill when I first saw it but it would appear to have painted Cameron into the corner of backing away from Murdoch's grasp.

Queen to B2, check and I do believe mate.

He's a massive :censored:?

Also, more seriously, it would greatly limit the source of news media. Meaning he could dictate (even more than he already does) topics for coverage.

Basically it would / could reduce the level of 'free press' in the UK. Which is vital to our perceived freedoms.