Diamond completes 1 year deal

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that is the defence sorted, in terms of players who are actully ours

Yep, Tarky as back up too- hopefully we may have improved on Captain calamity as I really can't see Diamond dwelling on the ball - Corney's gonna regret dropping that stand, the amount of balls that are going out of the ground this year…

New midfielder and nippy little striker next, please...

We got through, what, 6 or 7 centre-backs last season? With loss of form and injuries taking a toll, there will certainly be room for Mvoto, Diamond, Tarkowski and even Carr to play. I reckon we could even see another, maybe on loan, signing.

If we're paying him more or near what Hazell was on it's could prove to be a bad move.

Aberdeen fans seems to think Diamond is :censored:. Slow and clumsy are the common terms used to describe him AND he's injury prone. Rubes on the other hand, wasn't slow but didn't have a great season last year, but he wasn't injury prone either.

I dunno, I just got a bad feeling about this one, hope I'm wrong.

If we're paying him more or near what Hazell was on it's could prove to be a bad move.

Aberdeen fans seems to think Diamond is :censored:. Slow and clumsy are the common terms used to describe him AND he's injury prone. Rubes on the other hand, wasn't slow but didn't have a great season last year, but he wasn't injury prone either.

I dunno, I just got a bad feeling about this one, hope I'm wrong.

Blimey! Give the lad a chance!!!

he has played 30+ games for them over the past 3 years and Hazell was breaking down an awful lot last season, on his way out fitness wise so glad we got rid.

He can;t be any worse than Hazell who didn't show much pace when here either.

Gregan had no pace and was a rock for us - this guy is 26, Butler can work on his fitness and Taggart his defending.

Only a year so no real comittal - does well we can keep him etc

No problems for me.

Lets back him and Jean and hopefully threaten at corners!

Edited by shefflatic

Having seen a lot of Zander I am surprised we have secured his services. Does make the odd mistake & can be injury prone but a real 100% effort player who will get us a few goals from set plays. As for Aberdeen fans I think most do rate him...though the Dons fans can be a tad harsh on their own players...(Sound familiar?)

he has played 30+ games for them over the past 3 years and Hazell was breaking down an awful lot last season, on his way out fitness wise so glad we got rid.

He can;t be any worse than Hazell who didn't show much pace when here either.

Gregan had no pace and was a rock for us - this guy is 26, Butler can work on his fitness and Taggart his defending.

Only a year so no real comittal - does well we can keep him etc

No problems for me.

Lets back him and Jean and hopefully threaten at corners!

Hazzell really wasnt that bad

yeah as i said, can't be any worse - don't get me wrong never rated hazell with the ball at his feet and when given time to think but as a clear-your-lines player when crosses come in he ws OK.

Don't epect Diamond to be a gem but a solid all-rounder which is what we need alongside JYM

Now for the central midfield to be bolstered with a couple and we will be OK

and maybe 1 more ST