Another Away Win!

And three goals for three strikers, a good all round result, we have now lost 1 in 7 and things are looking up! Lets not carried away, we beat a tram that have lost all their other home games, but to come from behind like that in the second half is a great effort from the lads!

And three goals for three strikers, a good all round result, we have now lost 1 in 7 and things are looking up! Lets not carried away, we beat a tram that have lost all their other home games, but to come from behind like that in the second half is a great effort from the lads!

Yes great result , out of interest when was the last time latics won away after going a goal down ????

I wonder what Dickov said at HT? "For every goal you concede in the 2nd half I am going to kill one dog"?

I really thought we'd struggle today (and i was convinced Forbes would score after the "first touch of the old woman who lived in a shoe" comments on the donkey sanctuary thread),great result. I might be prepared to forgive Kuqi for scoring in the 6th minute v Hudds (in the one game when I've ever turned up to the ground after KO) after that performance. trying not to get carried away but he's proving to be threat we were missing up front so far.

Last two times we came back from a goal down to win:

Oldham vs Plymouth 20th October 2010

Were 2 - 1 down (after scoring the first goal) but came back to win 4 - 2 (two stoppage time goals ;-))

Brentford vs Oldham 9th October 2010

Were 1 - 0 down and came back to win 3 - 1

To me he hasn't just great presence on the field but I think his main importance is in the dressing room. O.A.F.C

I think he's brought an air of confidence to the rest of the team whenever he's played. Three in three including today's effort (one goal and two assists - according to the BBC live text) isn't too shabby either.

As a southern supporter, my first match of the season so I spent some time working out who was who. Well deserved win in the end but we really need to tighten up defensively – Orient going forward were not too bad and could well have been two up by half-time. Kuqi’s skills the highlight with a hand in all three goals. Impressed by Wesolowski, Reid and Mellor in the short time he was on. Defensively, we looked vulnerable. Lee had an excellent game, Mvoto made some good tackles but Clarke did not impress me, too many poor passes and was involved in the mix-up for their goal.

When was the last time three strikers scored for Latics in the same game?

First time in a long while i thought we would win the game after going behind. We were the better team both halves, we made it count in the second. Biggest concern it still in the midfield - none of them had a poor game but it didnt really come together. If kuqi and reid were linking with a bit more support we could slaughter teams. Furman back soon please.

Alright, all the stats and 97.7% of them are made up.

eEveryone knows we have not won away twice and had three strikers scoring since 1991. Seems like that to me anyay <_<

Here's one for all you stattos

When was the last time we signed someone who made such an impact as Kuqi?

Edited by singe

eEveryone knows we have not won away twice and had three strikers scoring since 1991. Seems like that to me anyay <_<

Clyde Wijnhard perhaps.

Dean Windass?

First time in a long while i thought we would win the game after going behind. We were the better team both halves, we made it count in the second. Biggest concern it still in the midfield - none of them had a poor game but it didnt really come together. If kuqi and reid were linking with a bit more support we could slaughter teams. Furman back soon please.

Spot on that man - the midfield is a real worry - and at half time I felt that we were still very much in the game.

Fantastic win again by Latics - Orient and Walsall were poor but you can only beat whats been put in front of you. Brentford will be a harder test albeit at home but Uwe Rosler has had a solid start to the season with the Bee's.

The last time we won 3 on the bounce? September 2009.