DId we play tonight?

Is it just me or does anyone else find it slightly disturbing that we've beaten Scunny away tonight, for the second time this season, and none but a couple of people have even acknowledged it??

The thread about FIFA 12 appears to have more interest than us winning a cup game away!!

Edited by Snookmeister

Is it just me or does anyone else find it slightly disturbing that we've beaten Scunny away tonight, for the second time this season, and none but a couple of people have even acknowledged it??

The thread about FIFA 12 appears to have more interest than us winning a cup game away!!

Majority of people on here, including me didn't know we was playing tonight until the article appeared on OS before! Only about 6 people were in chat by 7.30!

Suppose need to wait for those who attended to come home and comment on here.

only excites me when we get to within a win of wembley, aside from that im not arsed about JPT sadly

Arsed or not tonight is a very decent result!

At a time when SC is trying to bring in investors to redevelop the ground a trip to Wembley would be more than welcome.

Possibly only 4 matches away!!!!

I've noticed the board becoming quieter and quieter with each passing week. I just think everything that needed saying has been said coupled with the fact we are again consistently inconsistent so far this season. People are bored with coming on here trolling through the same comments week after week!

An undefeated run and a move towards the top six would help matters but until we get our injured players back ie, Furman, and Parker I can't see much chance of that happening!!!

Is it just me or does anyone else find it slightly disturbing that we've beaten Scunny away tonight, for the second time this season, and none but a couple of people have even acknowledged it?

Maybe slightly disturbing but not surprising - we won

Edited by astottie

I've noticed the board becoming quieter and quieter with each passing week. I just think everything that needed saying has been said coupled with the fact we are again consistently inconsistent so far this season. People are bored with coming on here trolling through the same comments week after week!

An undefeated run and a move towards the top six would help matters but until we get our injured players back ie, Furman, and Parker I can't see much chance of that happening!!!

Furman's back in training now, so should be back playing by end of october whether starting games, or playing more and more minutes as a sub. Parker injury was initally feared 8 weeks from the time of incident, then upped to 10 weeks, so he should be back mid-november. So, hopefully will have a strong squad during the winter games when there's quite a few games together. M'voto and Black still to come back aswell, squad will look strong soon enough.

Didn't realise myself until I read the on line chron last night, was looking for the results in the gym but the buggers had every other channel on except SSN.

Then I got in after 9pm and it must have been an earlier KO as I was the only bugger in the chat room!!

Scunny really must hate us....

Maybe if we all ignore more games on here we might win more...hehehegrin.gif

Didn't realise myself until I read the on line chron last night, was looking for the results in the gym but the buggers had every other channel on except SSN.

Then I got in after 9pm and it must have been an earlier KO as I was the only bugger in the chat room!!

Scunny really must hate us....

Maybe if we all ignore more games on here we might win more...hehehegrin.gif

114 hardy souls - I salute you

Date(s) for diary.

November 8 - Paint Pot Northern Quarter Final *

November 9 - Paint Pot Northern Quarter Final *

* Delete one entry after date confirmed.

Oponents from Bradford City, Rochdale, Preston, Chesterfield, Sheffield United, Accrington Stanley/Tranmere or Macclesfield/Crewe.

Date(s) for diary.

Oponents from Bradford City, Rochdale, Preston, Chesterfield, Sheffield United, Accrington Stanley/Tranmere or Macclesfield/Crewe.

I suppose this is an obvious statement for this competition, but we've got a real chance. Looking at those teams I'd fancy us at home (or should that be away considering recent results!) against anyone other than Sheff Utd. My preferred draw would probably be Bradford at home. They're L2 so clearly beatable, plus the Lancs-Yorks rivalry should hopefully ensure a slightly more vibrant atmosphere & healthy attendance than the usual JPT games.

I'm desperate for us to go far in this competition. I simply cannot understand why others don't give a toss as this is a winnable competition for us.

That is to say a competition where Oldham Athletic have a very good chance of winning a trophy!

We don't get many opportunities so I am perpetually bemused that nobody seems interested. I'd rather reach the final of this competition than the 3rd round of the FA Cup or the 4th round of the Carling Cup.

Date(s) for diary.

Come on Sheff Utd away, I'll see if I can boost the crowd a wee bit ;)

Does anyone like me think there'd be more interest if the games were on a Saturday?

The crucial point is that Dickov is taking it seriously.

Absolutely. My only concern with that is that no matter how seriously Dickov & the team takes it, if the fans don't turn up and thus the games are played in front of (even more than usual) sparse crowds with (even more than usual) subdued atmospheres It must be hard to raise performance levels.

I'd be interested to hear from someone who went last night what sort of tempo the game was played at. Sometimes these JPT games can drift into pre-season realms of slow tempo injury avoiding exercises.

I suppose this is an obvious statement for this competition, but we've got a real chance. Looking at those teams I'd fancy us at home (or should that be away considering recent results!) against anyone other than Sheff Utd. My preferred draw would probably be Bradford at home. They're L2 so clearly beatable, plus the Lancs-Yorks rivalry should hopefully ensure a slightly more vibrant atmosphere & healthy attendance than the usual JPT games.

I'm desperate for us to go far in this competition. I simply cannot understand why others don't give a toss as this is a winnable competition for us.

That is to say a competition where Oldham Athletic have a very good chance of winning a trophy!

We don't get many opportunities so I am perpetually bemused that nobody seems interested. I'd rather reach the final of this competition than the 3rd round of the FA Cup or the 4th round of the Carling Cup.

:applause1: :applause1:

Here Here.

I don’t understand the snobbery surrounding this competition. I can almost guarantee that all the 'I don’t give a sh1t about this cup' brigade would be there at Wembley, resplendent in their Latics tops.

For me it's simple. If we play our strongest side possible and play to win, then if we do indeed win - it helps the squad. It breeds confidence, a winning mentality, and can help to make a run of other wins in the league. So; where is exactly is the harm?

If we play our strongest side & lose, then so be it. We gave it a real go, and it means we can focus on the league.

It was another great result last night; regardless which competition it was in. The lads will be buzzing today; and surely they'll now be looking to carry that positivity forward to the MK match? A wins a win at the end of the day, especially sweet if it’s a hard earned away win. Bring on the next round I say……

Date(s) for diary.

Wouldn't mind playing any of them. Sheffield Utd i think would rather concentrate on getting out of this league at the first attempt so may field a weakened side, but if it was at ours, they would still bring around 2,000. Preferred choice would be either Bradford or Maccesfield

Wouldn't mind playing any of them. Sheffield Utd i think would rather concentrate on getting out of this league at the first attempt so may field a weakened side, but if it was at ours, they would still bring around 2,000. Preferred choice would be either Bradford or Maccesfield

They won't really be able to field a weakened team due to the competition rules, but I suppose the mindset could be weakened.

A further thought on this competition: by my reckoning in the last ten years Blackpool, Bristol City, Swansea, Doncaster, MK Dons & Southampton have won the trophy and then gone on to win promotion that year or within a couple of years. Momentum.

Come on Sheff Utd away, I'll see if I can boost the crowd a wee bit ;)

Does anyone like me think there'd be more interest if the games were on a Saturday?

Ideally Sheff United will play Preston with one of them going out. Bradford or the winners of the Crewe game will do me.

Maybe most said all they had to say in the live chatroom and felt they had nothing more to add? I did, and subsequently didn't, if you catch my drift....

Arsed or not tonight is a very decent result!

At a time when SC is trying to bring in investors to redevelop the ground a trip to Wembley would be more than welcome.

Possibly only 4 matches away!!!!

This is very true the exposure that something like this will give us will be hugely important in this respect.

That weekend of the JPT final 24th-25th march we play Bournemouth at home a game likely to be played out infront of 3500 which will probably be meaningless by that time as both sides should well stay clear of relegation and are unlikely to challenge for promotion, or we could have a Wembley final to go to a big day out and something that will give us all a lift. As has been mentioned aswell by Latics Chris it could give us some real forward momentum going into next season.

I say this somewhat hypocritically as ive been to exactly 1 game in this competition in the 14 years or so we have been in it try stopping going to Wembley if we get their though.

The Lads played really well last night.

The JPT, like it or not, can bring much needed revenue into the club. Yes we are taking the competition very seriously because if we get to Wembley this helps to ease the ever increasing daily pressures at the club. We need the fans to boost our chances and follow us along the way.

Barry