• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if I was in charge of Latics and we ever got to the Premiership I'd personally let everyone who attended tonight have a free season ticket. Well played to those who attended

More fool those of you who missed it! Battling performance from the lads tonight, first goal was given to us on a plate but the second was well worked and a lovely finish from the lad. At times it looked like they were going to over-run us but we held them out and got a great result from one of the league's big boys.

Well done Latics!

It's a cold Monday night, it's been Raining for the past Since Saturday none stop, it was on Sky and we'd lost back to back League games.

In the Missing people more than likely would of been a few RRE ST holders, we got around £30K for the game.

It will of made up for it.

It's just pretty embarrasing.

Obviously a decent performance, a goal in the Chaddy End ( :shock: ) and a goalkeeper trotting around his area like Bambi helps but I thought there was a half decent atmosphere in the Chaddy tonight. Really enjoyed it. The rest of you can stay away in knowledge that you've been jinxing us. :wink:

More fool those of you who missed it! Battling performance from the lads tonight, first goal was given to us on a plate but the second was well worked and a lovely finish from the lad. At times it looked like they were going to over-run us but we held them out and got a great result from one of the league's big boys.

Well done Latics!

they didn't miss it. they watched it on sky.

How many did they bring- around 100 wasn't it, last season on a Saturday they bought 6/7 times that (OK it was last game of season and they were in the play-offs). Moving a game to midweek probably lowers the home gate by 600/700, not to mention the away gate, and chucking people of their season ticket seats. The weather and it being on Sky will mean those who don't always turn up will probably have stayed at home.

How many season ticket holders do we have? As lots of grounds/clubs count them even if they don't turn up- as technically they've bought a seat.

If Sky only give us £30k for being on telly it will be touch and go if it was worth it (which realistically shouldn't be the case), when you factor in lost revenue and extra costs e.g. how much does it cost to run the floodlights?

The club can have no complaints. They got a load of money in for showing the game on TV and decided to leave the prices at £18 for MK Dons on an October night. They could have dropped the prices, made a similar amount of money (out of 2400 surely the vast, vast majority were ST holders) and got a few excited from watching live what turned out in the end to be a good performance.

How many did they bring- around 100 wasn't it, last season on a Saturday they bought 6/7 times that (OK it was last game of season and they were in the play-offs). Moving a game to midweek probably lowers the home gate by 600/700, not to mention the away gate, and chucking people of their season ticket seats. The weather and it being on Sky will mean those who don't always turn up will probably have stayed at home.

How many season ticket holders do we have? As lots of grounds/clubs count them even if they don't turn up- as technically they've bought a seat.

If Sky only give us £30k for being on telly it will be touch and go if it was worth it (which realistically shouldn't be the case), when you factor in lost revenue and extra costs e.g. how much does it cost to run the floodlights?

Not sure how many season ticket holders we have but I know that we only count people who were there. I noticed they didn't read the attendance out.

As proffesional a performance as we could have expected and a fine win we just about deserved. I think they had a little more possesion but we did a little bit more when we had it and took the chances when they came. Great performance from Mellor and on that showing Black will not be back in automatically.

I thought we lacked the final pass at times and with quicker feet and thought we could have scored one or two more but overall we have to be pleased our home hoodoo has hopefully been banished.

On the attendance....BP is not a welcoming place at the best of times and with weather like that it is far far worse. I can't really blame fans for sitting in the pub or watching it from the comfort of an armchair and even with fine weather we are not going to get crowds back until we give them something to shout about on a regular basis.

The new stand can't come quick enough and has to be started before the beginning of next season.....another season in this dump of a ground is not something I would like to contemplate!!!

no sympathy for the club at all - yes we made 30k on the sky fee but not one iota of regard to the paying fan.

I (ST holder) attended - first year i have had an ST but whenever we are on TV i always like to (and also a sense of duty) to attend in person if possible; you get a normal view of the match for a change and brings money into the club - for those who COULD have and could/can have afforded to go, shame on you for sitting in your armchair, rain or not!.

But regards my point, the club leaving prices at £18 says it all - should have been £10 adults and a fiver kids, to get more of an atmosphere albeit on an awful night - you could literally have had the TV on mute and missed nothing crowd wise.

But on the website pre the game it was 'the prices for the game - which is being televised live' and the best one of the lot from the official newsletter email on friday last week. the title of the email was 'LATICS ON TELLY'

Sums it up in a nutshell - you want the paying fan to attend, so you keep the prices at the usual price to not incentivise and then REMIND fans of one big reason not to attend in person and pay into the club.

Not in the least bit suprised by 2400, suprised it was that many.

fair play to all who attended and to the team for an all-round good if unspectacular win.

special mentions to Adeyemi who had his best game for us so far up and down all night and i have been a critic of him, Taylor who did the most work/tracking back and runing forward all game as i have seen from him in a long time and to Mellor - great intelligence and i would suggest a future bustling CM (this is his most natural position if you believe TP), great build, feet and pace - does a job whenever he has played and wherever - real prospect.

KTF and bring on those bindippers!!

It was always going to be a poor crowd, in the current economic climate it's hard to justify spending £25+ attending a game when you've already paid £10 for your Sky Sports subscription.

As has been mentioned, it seems to me this was a good opportunity to have a £5 game and get a better crowd in and get a bit of atmosphere generated.

Would having the game cheaper really done much? Those who have Sky and chose not to go would still make that choice even if it was a fiver, personally I went for the whole best of both by going and recording it. The club could have made it cheaper but that could have cost more money in the big picture, after all if you charge £18 you don't need as many people there compared to £5.

Would having the game cheaper really done much? Those who have Sky and chose not to go would still make that choice even if it was a fiver, personally I went for the whole best of both by going and recording it. The club could have made it cheaper but that could have cost more money in the big picture, after all if you charge £18 you don't need as many people there compared to £5.

Is it £30000 or £75000 we get from Sky? Even if it's the former that's about 2000 customers (at an average of £15).

Agree that I can't see the offer of a £5 entry making significant difference on a night like last night - people would have got into the mindset during the day that the weather was too bad to go. (But that says something about how soft and mollycoddled folk are nowadays. Bring back open terracing.)

Possibly a wakeup call for a few on here who were saying 'why are we predicting the gate will be so low, we will get at least 3000'.

Considering they were getting £30k from sky for this game being broadcast, and the club already has money for season ticket holders regardless of whether they choose to go to the game, last night was a prime opportunity for the club to reduce admission prices for the night. A missed opportunity.

On a more positive note, well done to Dickov and the team for putting in a shift and coming away with a very good result against a very good team. I think the conditions favoured us more than them but was still a good performance.

Maybe not, I'm not really sure what the answer is/was, it's just I think some sort of an effort could have been made if only to make it a bit more of a spectacle for TV. I fear the £30K we got from Sky was more than swallowed up by the people who stayed at home, in fact maybe we even made a loss! Even if a few of them could have been tempted to go to the ground we would have made some much needed money or at least cut any losses if we suffered any.