Chaddy the owl assaulted tonight

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some friggin nesbits about these days :petesake:

Whilst I agree with Rummy re the vigilante talk, if the guy is caught I hope he is named and shamed on the front of the Chron, MEN, website, Oldham Advertiser etc, as well as a lifetime ban from Boundary Park.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

There are some friggin nesbits about these days :petesake:

Whilst I agree with Rummy re the vigilante talk, if the guy is caught I hope he is named and shamed on the front of the Chron, MEN, website, Oldham Advertiser etc, as well as a lifetime ban from Boundary Park.

lifetime ban? We can't go turning away support now can we! Hehe

lifetime ban? We can't go turning away support now can we! Hehe

We're not that bloody desperate :wink:

Absolutely dispicable behaviour, and the fact it was in front of kids, don't really know what to say. Fortunately fans like this are in a minority, and by all accounts the vast majority of the tics that travel away, including this one, give a good account of themselves and the club whilst on their travels.

And Chaddy, hope you weren't too shaken by it.

Okay chaps, hindsight and the cold light of day are wonderful things

As this was my thread and of course the comments mainly mine, I hold my hands up with regards to the "mafioso" overtones last night and apologies to anyone who took offence. The buck stops here.

Of course chaddy would never provoke, promote or justify violence in anyway as he is wise and will always do the right legal thing as he is a great embassador for our club.

I of course am not that tolerant and I will admit on here that if I was there and witness the incident, I would have ask the person why, regardless of there statute, sex, or intoxicated state but that's just me.

I would also make a plea to ask if you witnessed the incident, please contact the club with information.

So again I will say sorry to those who were upset or offended in anyway by any of my comments last night

Edited by underdog

Has to be said, of the years and years of Chaddy goading and bullying opposition mascots, it's going to be pretty hard to pin down said offender. As the seasons trundle on and on, Chaddy has accumulated quite his fair share of enemies.

Or perhaps the offender in question thought he was a field mouse in his head and was merely acting in self defence? Can we get Columbo in? What's that, he's dead? Taggart then? He's dead too? Oh well, it'll have to be Spender.

A Life time ban? Isn't that a bit harsh?

How many of your really think he shouldn't be alowed back to Latics games when he's in his 70s because he acted like a Knob Head at Preston away?

Should he be banned? Yes. Should he be banned for life? No.

As someone posted, Hindsight is a wonderful think. Let's hope he reflects on his actions and REPENTS!

A Life time ban? Isn't that a bit harsh?

How many of your really think he shouldn't be alowed back to Latics games when he's in his 70s because he acted like a Knob Head at Preston away?

Should he be banned? Yes. Should he be banned for life? No.

As someone posted, Hindsight is a wonderful think. Let's hope he reflects on his actions and REPENTS!

So who was it then? C'mon fess up.... :wink:

I've made loads of enemies over the years after winding up opposition mascots?????

Really?

Sorry to Correct you but I've not got one single enemy in the mascot world. Even the ones I roll round the floor wrestling with always have a laugh about it afterwards and come for a drink. Otherwise the events we all meet up for around the country would be very awkward affairs :)

Even the ones I roll round the floor wrestling with always have a laugh about it afterwards and come for a drink.....we all meet up for around the country...

I've got a vision of you all together in costume, making the Star Wars Bar seem like your average local. :lol:

Keep up the good work Chaddy!

I would contact the police and/ or the club. I would have thought that there would have been CCTV cameras in the bar area and hopefully this cretin has been caught on film so that the police can proceed as they see fit and the club can ban him (put his picture in the programme if needed).

Chaddy is one the good things about our club, the kids obviously go potty for him and the current incumbent strikes me as a thoroughly decent bloke. That the tool that did it feels it OK to be violent around kids for whatever reason is deeply disturbing.

Now on OS - PNE checking CCTV footage.

Wanted: Anon whistle-blower

I've made loads of enemies over the years after winding up opposition mascots?????

Really?

Sorry to Correct you but I've not got one single enemy in the mascot world. Even the ones I roll round the floor wrestling with always have a laugh about it afterwards and come for a drink. Otherwise the events we all meet up for around the country would be very awkward affairs :)

Methinks you're taking things a twit twoo seriously.