Latics V Southend

Again do they give you a full break down of the costs incurred for the day? Its alright saying they make these figure for the revenue how much do they make in Net profit from the day? Becasue thats what Simon Corney will have been talking about when he says we made £140k from the Everton game.

Police, stewards, Gordon's half time food all come off the top.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think those figures are net. Here's the non Luton figures ( http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/fa-cup-countdown-the-luck-of-the-draw-430657.html ). The Luton figure may not be net, no idea.

The Everton figure of 140k works out at about £4.24 per person ending up with Latics with a total net profit per person of £9.32. That still seems a bit light even though tickets were only £20. The other games mentioned in that link cannot have had ticket prices that low I would think.

The Liverpool-Luton game I mentioned was tickets at £24. I think a crowd of nearer 40k with the higher price would, using his Everton figures, be a little over 200k. So maybe he is right and I'm wrong. Wouldnt be the first time I've been proven to be fallible. It still seems a little bit light to me though so I'll still ring the fraud squad as I like to waste police time.

Right, enough fannying about with a calculator on work time - the motorway and home awaits....

I think those figures are net. Here's the non Luton figures ( http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/fa-cup-countdown-the-luck-of-the-draw-430657.html ). The Luton figure may not be net, no idea.

The Everton figure of 140k works out at about £4.24 per person ending up with Latics with a total net profit per person of £9.32. That still seems a bit light even though tickets were only £20. The other games mentioned in that link cannot have had ticket prices that low I would think.

The Liverpool-Luton game I mentioned was tickets at £24. I think a crowd of nearer 40k with the higher price would, using his Everton figures, be a little over 200k. So maybe he is right and I'm wrong. Wouldnt be the first time I've been proven to be fallible. It still seems a little bit light to me though so I'll still ring the fraud squad as I like to waste police time.

Right, enough fannying about with a calculator on work time - the motorway and home awaits....

If the Liverpol tickets are £24, as rumoured, thats £20 after Vat, so after allowing for concessions, say 25% of the crowd, you have a net of approx £16 per person as an average. A crowd of 40,000 gives you receipts of around £640K and a crowd of 30,000 gives you £480k. Take away expenses such as stewards, police, floodlighting, transport and meals of the visiting club, ticket printing etc etc etc of say £40K (**) and your net receipts are circa £600K or £440K.

On a 42.5% (*) share of the net receipts a 40,000 crowd would give us £255k and a 30,000 crowd produces £187k. So you can see where SC's figure of £180K from the Everton game comes from.

The home team keeps all monies from programmes, car parking, hospitality (except for the ticket price) etc, therefore we will not get a share of this.

Still a quarter of a million from the Liverpool game would be fantastic, if we can get past Southend tomorrow night.

Even better would be Wembley visit with Swindon as the opposition and a near certain 50,000+ crowd, where average ticket prices and therefore receipts will be higher than Anfield and we have a chance of a £400-500K bonus.

** No exact science for this figure as it can easily change from club to club depending on the level of stewarding required under the safety certificate together with other faqctors.

* 45% in replays.

Edited by Harry Dowds Green Shirt

If the Liverpol tickets are £24, as rumoured, thats £20 after Vat, so after allowing for concessions, say 25% of the crowd, you have a net of approx £16 per person as an average. A crowd of 40,000 gives you receipts of around £640K and a crowd of 30,000 gives you £480k. Take away expenses such as stewards, police, floodlighting, transport and meals of the visiting club, ticket printing etc etc etc of say £40K (**) and your net receipts are circa £600K or £440K.

On a 42.5% (*) share of the net receipts a 40,000 crowd would give us £255k and a 30,000 crowd produces £187k. So you can see where SC's figure of £180K from the Everton game comes from.

The home team keeps all monies from programmes, car parking, hospitality (except for the ticket price) etc, therefore we will not get a share of this.

Still a quarter of a million from the Liverpool game would be fantastic, if we can get past Southend tomorrow night.

Even better would be Wembley visit with Swindon as the opposition and a near certain 50,000+ crowd, where average ticket prices and therefore receipts will be higher than Anfield and we have a chance of a £400-500K bonus.

** No exact science for this figure as it can easily change from club to club depending on the level of stewarding required under the safety certificate together with other faqctors.

* 45% in replays.

It's the otherway round -

45% from 1st game and 42.5% from replays of net gate receipts after expenses.

The last time Swindon were in the final they took 35,000 with them , if we can muster the 25,000 diehards that attend every week :D then we could see a crowd of 60,000 + at Wembley.

It's the otherway round -

45% from 1st game and 42.5% from replays of net gate receipts after expenses.

The last time Swindon were in the final they took 35,000 with them , if we can muster the 25,000 diehards that attend every week :D then we could see a crowd of 60,000 + at Wembley.

You are possibly correct, however, in the past, teams involved in replays got a slightly increased share of the gate, becasue the FA reduced their take having already take a share from the first game.

Edited by Harry Dowds Green Shirt

You are possibly correct, however, in the past, teams involved in replays got a slightly increased share of the gate, becasue the FA reduced their take having already take a share from the first game.

The FA don't take anything from the 1st gate ,

10% goes into a pool that is divided between all competing clubs at the end of the competition.

The other 90% is divided equally between the 2 clubs.

Replays - the FA take 5% - 10% goes into the pool and the other 85% is divided equally between the clubs (42.5% each) .

All these are net figures after expenses.

They were whupped at weekend , manager changing his team tonight according to thier site , diesn't sound happy ....and must be looking forward to a cold windy Bounday Park on a December night like a hole in the head me thinks.

Their manager is trying to play mind games with PD.

Saafend are a different kettle of fish to Bradford, I think we were always going to beat them comfortably, but there's no room for complacency against these lot. Especially with such a big prize at stake for the winner. COYB!

+1 on the bold

I'm a bit miffed with a certain some's attitudes about this game. It's a though we're already on the coach to Anfield, and the side that's turning out against us is Southend Under-13's.

Tonight is going to a real close game - and it's going to bloody nip & tuck as to who is going away with the spoils IMO.

Those already bean-counting and talking of Anfield need to remember that we're still a very difficult 90minutes away……….

got a horrible feeling it's going to extra time! and i've not wanted to win a game more than tonight for a while, so im hoping they'll do the job, they seem confident enough on twitter. southend will be just as confident as we are and will want it as much as we do so it'll be a tight game, think we'll just edge it.

We made mighty heavy weather of that.

An hour against a lower division team.

They can go back with their heads held high ,played very well.

Cisak kept it at 0-0 first half , their keeper a spectator.

No need to be a rocket scientist to see what was missing with the extra man , no-one could fill Simpsons boots & deliver quality balls & create shooting chances.

But job done.

If Taylor's fit he plays for me. Since he went off injured at Bournemouth the goals have dried up a bit, 3 in 4 games. With Simpson now not being an option, Taylor whilst not being at his best this season worries teams and doubling up on him could give Scapuzzi or Parker the space they need to create the chances to send us to Anfield. Morais still a benchwarmer imo, despite his encouraging cameo yesterday - two crosses don't warrant a starting spot. However if Taylor is not fit then it is a choice between Adeyemi and Morais. And I think Dickov may go for the latter, only using Fil if we really need him..

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I love this romantic thread about the magic of the cup and the possibility of taking on the red scousers in their own back yard and...beancounting.

and only using the rear end of afag packet too! HDGS excepted.

Edited by singe

Boy we made hard work of that, but we're through and that's the main thing.

We never hit top gear tonight and the first half was disjointed, we needed the half time rocket. Once we got in front i don't think the result was ever in doubt but a second goal would have been welcome ( especially as i bet on 2 - 0 )

Onward to anfield

The game itself was :censored:, but the atmosphere in the RRE was rocking, even after the :censored: of a steward took the drum.

Their sending off made life easier, we tried walking the ball into the net far too much.

Was never about the performance though, done what we needed to.

The atmosphere in the RRE looked like it was rocking - credit to everyone there for getting some atmosphere going!

The atmosphere in the rest of the ground made it seem like a reserve game, though. Not even Nathan Clarke's appeal to the Chaddy was the catalyst for any noise.

Found it generally a bit underwhelming as thought everyone would be really up for this one.....

Edited by JoeP