Liverpool Tickets

We have known ticketing arrangements for 3 WEEK'S now if you can't contact the club to clarifiy the situation then thats your own fault but lets face it the club is just doing what it's always done if you want a ticket you have to get down to BP and get in line end like everyone else of and if you can't be arsed then someone else will.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got no problem with people wanting to queue up for 2-3 hours, but in 2011 it shouldn't really be necessary. The cost of having a few extra people taking phone or wireless card orders would be peanuts.

And I don't think ST holders should have able to purchase more than one ticket, let alone people being able to get as many as they want on open sale, but there you go.

Why shouldn't ST holders be able to buy 2 each? I got one for me and one for my daughter who comes to most games (I cant afford a ST for both of us) and obviously I need 2 together!

This is probably the case for lots of ST holders!!!

So why should I suffer because you cant be arsed getting up earlier???

When they went on sale to ST holders I was there early on the Sunday in the bleeding snow!!!

There are ways and means of selling tickets online without incurring silly fees... Ticketmaster are a rip off but some of the other ticket sites are very reasonable I find.

I don't think the club are very forward thinking in there approach to such things. I do find it odd that there isn't a way to buy tickets online for every game, let alone this one. The ones that choose this method can pay the booking fees and the ones who want to avoid them can queue up etc. Like any business, think little and you will be little.

Anyway, it must be one or two games a season (at best) that this situation applies to so there isn't a need to calling anyone naughty names over it. If I was still coming to games I would of been in the queue first thing :)

Its a bit of a pain for people who don't live locally any more if the only option is to queue.

There are ways and means of selling tickets online without incurring silly fees... Ticketmaster are a rip off but some of the other ticket sites are very reasonable I find.

I don't think the club are very forward thinking in there approach to such things. I do find it odd that there isn't a way to buy tickets online for every game, let alone this one. The ones that choose this method can pay the booking fees and the ones who want to avoid them can queue up etc. Like any business, think little and you will be little.

Anyway, it must be one or two games a season (at best) that this situation applies to so there isn't a need to calling anyone naughty names over it. If I was still coming to games I would of been in the queue first thing :)

Its a bit of a pain for people who don't live locally any more if the only option is to queue.

you can...

Why shouldn't ST holders be able to buy 2 each? I got one for me and one for my daughter who comes to most games (I cant afford a ST for both of us) and obviously I need 2 together!

This is probably the case for lots of ST holders!!!

So why should I suffer because you cant be arsed getting up earlier???

When they went on sale to ST holders I was there early on the Sunday in the bleeding snow!!!

Good for you, but your ST doesn't entitle you to two tickets for Home games so for me it's a nonsense that you should be able to have two for this, or indeed, any other away game regardless of who we are playing.

Just checked out the online ticketing system on our website. It's the most redundant thing in the history of anything. You can buy tickets for Notts County, Orient, Colchester, Exeter, Walsall.....y'know....the games no one gives a :censored: about where no one will struggle to get a ticket. BUT the game in high demand, the one that will appeal to the fan who perhaps lives down south, Canada, Israel, etc...nope, the club aren't interested in an easy electronic, streamlined system, which would drastically reduce man power as well as far less hinder their other day to day activities, instead they'd rather have droves of fans queuing all day.

Edited by PlayItLivo

"I doubt we'd sell another 3,000. As much as that would benefit lazy twats like me, it'd just be a waste of money and plain stupid from the club.

....but "do the math" the 3,000 would ve treated as being sold as soon as we commit to them, therefore we would keep say 45% of that revenue so the risk is only around half of the total number....SC will know the figures and can make the call that it's better to have another 1500 Latics fans at "cost price" who might then come to other games etc

Good for you, but your ST doesn't entitle you to two tickets for Home games so for me it's a nonsense that you should be able to have two for this, or indeed, any other away game regardless of who we are playing.

The fact that we have a season ticket and paid out £300+ surly entitles us to two tickets given the fact that there was well over 2000 left after ST holders got them...

Just checked out the online ticketing system on our website. It's the most redundant thing in the history of anything. You can buy tickets for Notts County, Orient, Colchester, Exeter, Walsall.....y'know....the games no one gives a :censored: about where no one will struggle to get a ticket. BUT the game in high demand, the one that will appeal to the fan who perhaps lives down south, Canada, Israel, etc...nope, the club aren't interested in an easy electronic, streamlined system, which would drastically reduce man power as well as far less hinder their other day to day activities, instead they'd rather have droves of fans queuing all day.

Makes good headlines in the Chron.

'Cup fever grips town' and all that bollocks.

The fact that we have a season ticket and paid out £300+ surly entitles us to two tickets given the fact that there was well over 2000 left after ST holders got them...

Why? Absolutely right that you have first opportunity to buy but I really struggle with the idea that an ST holders money is better than a pay on the day supporter.

If you go to 18 games a season, buy a season ticket between you next season, you would have been guaranteed your tickets then, club can't :censored:ing win whatever they do, there's no money for extra staff, or manned hotlines its all hands to the pump and :censored: me at least one of the lads in the ticket pffice does it for :censored: all, simply his love for the club. Heard a rumour that even Alan's offered his time today despite his illness.

Everyone knew what would happen, it happens every time, personally I don't think we'll sell out, today is the initial open sale panic before things calm down….

18 games home and away :censored:!! i live down south, so its around 11 'away' games.

Why? Absolutely right that you have first opportunity to buy but I really struggle with the idea that an ST holders money is better than a pay on the day supporter.

Apart from ST holders have paid for every match. Pay on the day supporters can (and in many cases do) stop going (and therefore stop paying) halfway through the season when we're not in the play off places by February.

18 games home and away :censored:!! i live down south, so its around 11 'away' games.

Oh :censored: off you slapped arse! 7 Home games = 140 quid if you could get a mate that goes to a similar amount you could have gotten a season ticket and shared it.

If you'd really wanted to go you should have done what the lad did last week and emailed the club. His pro-activity paid off….

I'm gonna keep my eye on eBay. This is the only time I really don't mind turning to touts, I'll happily pay £10 more per ticket if it saves me standing around waiting in the cold for hours.

Turnup on the night mate, Scousers will be selling them no probs. I reckon a fair number today will be bought by day-trippers from Liverpool too...

Oh :censored: off you slapped arse! 7 Home games = 140 quid if you could get a mate that goes to a similar amount you could have gotten a season ticket and shared it.

If you'd really wanted to go you should have done what the lad did last week and emailed the club. His pro-activity paid off….

And although the players will appreciate the support at 11 away games a season, the club makes diddly squat from it, financially.