Liverpool Tickets

Same ones throwing piss and :censored: at united fans in years gone past?

The club has never mentioned the extra allocation. If youve not got one you should have got out of bed this morning.

The bad news is…...There's NO extra tickets, been confirmed by someone in the know.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not rocket science really. Season ticket holders don't get moved, do they?

Not rocket science to know that its not a league game, Liverpool have left the upper tier free as it stands.

and the fact that Season ticket holders will have already been moved because they normally have 1/2 the lower tier...

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

As was pointed out in other threads- half season junior tickets are £25, that £25 would have guaranteed you 2 tickets (not necessarily 2 adult tickets but it might have done). It looks like we are going to be able to sell out our initial allocation if the club don't take any rumoured extra allocation then the cost of tickets could be more than £25 quid over list price on the black market, and you would have saved the hassle of queuing all day in the rain. The combined cost of the programmes required was at most £6- and you could have got 1 ticket for that, yes I know its not much use if you want more than 1 ticket but you could have always bought more programmes (rumour has it some were being sold last week for the appropriate games).

Incidentally as I pointed out in my long post previously, how much will this new fangled technology cost to install and run? Did we get the necessary detail from Liverpool in order to run it, lots of clubs allow you to buy home tickets on line, what's the deal with away tickets? Who should the costs be handed on to, season ticket holders (I doubt it as they don't need to use it), pay on the gate fans (perhaps) or those attending for big games only (most likely), so your £25 Liverpool ticket now costs £35, seems a bit steep. The club has a big game like this once every couple of seasons, we get on average around 4000 home fans every week prior to today we had sold over 3500 tickets, if you are a regular attender and haven't got a ticket then its your own fault and no one is to blame but you. If your excuse is I live miles away the £25 of a junior half season ticket would have been cheaper than the travelling costs but no this is OWTB and everyone needs a reason to moan.

Not rocket science to know that its not a league game, Liverpool have left the upper tier free as it stands.

and the fact that Season ticket holders will have already been moved because they normally have 1/2 the lower tier...

Liverpool fans will be in that top stand. No doubt about it.

Incidentally as I pointed out in my long post previously, how much will this new fangled technology cost to install and run?

so your £25 Liverpool ticket now costs £35,

We already have an online ticketing system, what installation is there to be made? We have the facility and have chosen not to use it. If we ain't gonna use it to reduce queue sizes and club resources for a big game like this, then what exactly is the point in having one at all?

And £10 booking fee on each ticket? Who do you buy your tickets from, even Ticketmaster aren't that expensive.

Edited by PlayItLivo

We already have an online ticketing system, what installation is there to be made? We have the facility and have chosen not to use it. If we ain't gonna use it to reduce queue sizes and club resources for a big game like this, then what exactly is the point in having one at all?

And £10 booking fee on each ticket? Who do you buy your tickets from, even Ticketmaster aren't that expensive.

You can't buy away tickets on the latics online ticket shop you never have so i don't understand why you keep banging on about it.

Im going down at 2. I.completely underestimated demand, thought thered be plenty.left. If there gone, there gone, I just hope the 3000 day trippers maybe turn up to a coupl of home games after there big day out. If there gone, il just get my notts county and chesterfield tickets. B2nets a new stadium, wonder if we'll fill our allocation there... :/

Im going down at 2. I.completely underestimated demand, thought thered be plenty.left. If there gone, there gone, I just hope the 3000 day trippers maybe turn up to a coupl of home games after there big day out. If there gone, il just get my notts county and chesterfield tickets. B2nets a new stadium, wonder if we'll fill our allocation there... :/

We would have done if we weren't playing them again a fortnight later. I think we will just about fill the allocation for the JPT game but will probably only take around 1,000 - 1,200 for the league game

good luck pal!

I hope everyone who wants a ticket gets one but their seems this won't be the case its very hard to judge demand for something like this we have struggled to get 4000 home fans turning up every week and now 6100 just won't be enough.

As superblue has pointed out thats for home tickets, its a fat load of good for away tickets. The last ticket I bought online was for an airline and it was that much, ticketmaster and that have a booking system already set up, for away games we don't so it costs money to install and then to run. Do Liverpool produce a computer system for away sections to prevent the same ticket being sold twice, I'm not sure.

Unless season ticket holders have missed out today ( I'm one and was there at 7.30am) very hard to have any sympathy for anyone else. Get up early and make SURE you get one. People there now turned up around or after opening. You can be sure your going to get one that way.

me too underestimated queues today - got there just after 9am - cold, wet and queing for hours - was told v few left and wouldnt get tickets so went home to dry out - no problem with this as although ST holder for 30+ years I gave up under Penny and only now go to selected games. Good luck to those Latics fans who managed to get tickets - I cant complain as not ST holder nor programme buyer BUT what I do find hard to stomach is those who have bought numerous extra tickets for friends and extended family who have NO affinity to OAFC at all - including many ST holders who used the 2nd ticket for mates who are Citeh / Manure / Ragdale fans or simply going for a night out whilst genuine Oldham fans, lapsed or not, cant get tickets. I personally know several going who have NEVER been to BP before and unlikely to ever do so, just going to Anfield for the experience. If it was down to 2 tickets max for all then this could have been avoided to some extent. Still hope to get a ticket somehow - possibly now in home ends - not sour grapes but sticks in craw when so many non-Latics fans appear to being going for a jolly as many bona-fide fans will miss out. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Does anyone know if tickets have arrived for hudds.and the jpt game at chesterfield? So much liverpool talk I forget whats on sale or not.

Hudds have- but you can usually pay on the gate for that one. I don't think the JPT game is confirmed yet, as it depends on any possible replay against Liverpool

Boom got mine block 128 row 30, 3 adults absoultley buzzing went in the club shop and was served a scarf and coach ticket by morais and had a cup of tea of Dickov not a bad days work :grin:

3 hours 40mins of queuing and was drenched, wouldnt bother going at 2pm there all sold out now would expect had 170-200 i was told when got served

i went at 825am

Dickov's brew was a bit on the weak side. He did however give us a bit of insight into this relationship with DiCanio. When told if we get Swindon at Wembley it will be the DiCanio show, it will all be about him PD said (after saying we weren't there yet) "I twatted him as a player and I'll :censored: him as a manager".

What a guy.

Given that many thought we'd struggle to sell out, this is rather good news - isn't it?

Here's some thoughts from me:

1) Season ticket holders getting 2 each is fair and right. They're the lifeblood of the football club and there were always going to be 2,000+ tickets left over for others. Equally, it's right that season ticket holders are limited to 1 ticket each for Chesterfield away when significantly fewer tickets are available.

2) The programme tokens were advertised at matches. My only criticism of the club here is that (1) the PA sysyem is :censored:e and (2) they should put tokens in every programme from the start of the season, so that those who want to attend a big game (should one come along) know to buy a programme for each game they attend.

3) There should be a limit on those queueing today. I'd suggest 4 per person maximum, plus any outstanding season ticket holder entitlement. But clarity prior to queuing is important and that doesn't seem to have happened.

4) While it would be nice to have online availability, there is additional cost to setting this up and is it fair that the person with the fastest internet access gets tickets ahead of those who queue for 4+ hours? Similar for telephone sales.

5) Finally my big issue with Latics and big match ticketing. 2 windows. This is just silly. Could they not sell tickets out of some of the food bars where you could have 6 sellers in each, or a corner of the club shop? If there are issues with the number of debit card machines you could easily advertise "cash only". I appreciate that there are potential security issues, but surely it's not beyond the wit of those in the football club to find ways to make this queue move much faster.

Anyway, fair play to those who have queued. Fair play to Dickov, Butler, Taylor and others for serving the drinks. Fair play to Latics for getting themselves a big game.

Hopefully we'll get the extra tickets, sell them, and make more noise than Anfield has ever heard.

Pretty much sums up my view as well. I'm not sure what else the club could have done to make it any fairer. ST holders had long enough to sort themselves out and the official site had ticket news on for a good while now. Of course, anecdotally there will be stories of regular fans who have turned out at BP and been able to claim a whole row to themselves who will now be missing out and I have great sympathy for them*, and maths tells you that there are a lot of people going who haven't shown any inclination of late. The bigger picture though is that, we're in line to make a tidy wedge out of this 'bonus' match and even if a couple of hundred feel inclined to come back every now and again then it's not too bad an outcome.

My only complaint is that I bought mine on the snow and didn't have Dickov brewing up for me or Morais getting me a seat on the coach! In fact, I was 'done' for an extra tenner when I bought my lad a sledge from B&Q so we could go on Clayton fields.

* One guy in the office was looking to buy 4 on Saturday. He doesn't have a ST or generally buy a programme but is fairly regular. I had offered to give him my programme tokens but he wanted 4 seats altogether and now will, most likely miss out. However, thems the breaks. I don't see how the club could have accommodated fans in this scenario.