BP may be a dump

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rose tinted glasses, I feel.

Mainstand's not got a decade in it, too decrepit. Chaddy's probably got about 15 years, tops. Rocky's OK but not much cop if we've a one sided ground is it?

Chesterfield only had as much atmosphere as we were willing to give. Our fans were poor today.....

Rose tinted glasses, I feel.

Mainstand's not got a decade in it, too decrepit. Chaddy's probably got about 15 years, tops. Rocky's OK but not much cop if we've a one sided ground is it?

+1

The main stand makes a spanish prison look luxurious, and if this new main stand does get built within the next five years, my money would be on the club to pull the current main stand down immediately, maybe even the chaddy end too, if we are still in this league.

And even a midget with no limbs would struggle for legroom in the RRE.

I really can't see how a redeveloped Boundary Park will drastically differ from the likes of the B2NET once fully finished, whenever that may be.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

+1

The main stand makes a spanish prison look luxurious, and if this new main stand does get built within the next five years, my money would be on the club to pull the current main stand down immediately, maybe even the chaddy end too, if we are still in this league.

I really can't see how a redeveloped Boundary Park will drastically differ from the likes of the B2NET once fully finished, whenever that may be.

BP is BP after all

I totally disagree.

I thought it was a tidy little stadium.

I also thought £5 for a pie and pint was a cracking deal!

As far as football ground prices go, think thats a very good deal. If they chucked a programme in with that then it would be an absolutely belting deal.

I can empathise with the OP - It's a bit berift of atmosphere, but atmospheres are generated when good things happen. When we were piling forward late on the crowd sounded pretty loud.

The ground though, it's just like any other new-ish ground to me. Some just have more rows than others and different coloured seats. The new BP with it's 4 different style stands will own it on character when it gets finished in 2045.

I can empathise with the OP - It's a bit berift of atmosphere, but atmospheres are generated when good things happen. When we were piling forward late on the crowd sounded pretty loud.

The ground though, it's just like any other new-ish ground to me. Some just have more rows than others and different coloured seats. The new BP with it's 4 different style stands will own it on character when it gets finished in 2045.

Fair play but BP isn't exactly bouncing these days.

The whole "football experience" was 100 times better than it was at Saltergate, which is why they have more or less doubled their home support!

Fair play but BP isn't exactly bouncing these days.

The whole "football experience"

Urgh. I :censored:ing hate this term. I know it all has to move on and [sigh] we have to have welcoming places for kids and all that. But does it really all have to be so bland and synthetic?

Chesterfield only had as much atmosphere as we were willing to give. Our fans were poor today.....

In response to "Stand up if you love Oldham" from the back two rows of the section to your right, one man stood up at the front of the stand and he was an Eintracht Frankfurt supporter, who was also at BP on Saturday. :applause1:

Urgh. I :censored:ing hate this term. I know it all has to move on and [sigh] we have to have welcoming places for kids and all that. But does it really all have to be so bland and synthetic?

Ha ha, I stole that one but I know what you mean!

It works though........ brand new stadium with clean / new bogs and decent seats along with food and drink deals has worked with lots of clubs and fair play to them!!!

+1

Try sitting in the main stand upper and nearly knee capping yourself every time you stand up.

It was a pleasure to have decent leg room today.

Try sitting in the main stand upper and nearly knee capping yourself every time you stand up.

It was a pleasure to have decent leg room today.

I did, and nearly broke the empty seat in front of me in half in the process

Friggin hurt too

Edited by Lookers_Carl

I know what you mean about new grounds that lack character but for a team bottom of the league they can double our gates .

Nowt to do with the new stadium against a dump like BP by any chance !!!!!!!!! :blush:

Edited by losesome

We have to embrace change how many clubs with generic stadiums or "souless bowls" have waved at us as they by pass us and disappeared into the distance and now look uncatchable.

We don't embrace change thats why we get left behind its just as true for the club and for the town of Oldham .

We have to embrace change how many clubs with generic stadiums or "souless bowls" have waved at us as they by pass us and disappeared into the distance and now look uncatchable.

We don't embrace change thats why we get left behind its just as true for the club and for the town of Oldham .

That is a great point.

Look, I get all this. I know you need a right nice plastic shiny breezeblock mecca as your home to harbour any hopes of progress, I do.

But it's still :censored:. And cold. It's like hugging a statue.

Meh.