Loanees ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If wes can't play with look short in midfield.

IIRC - didn't we lose our loan signing Kilkenny before playing at Goodison?

and Bertrand. Both played their last games against Leeds away the game before. Taylor also got injured in that game and missed Everton.

That's what I thought.... I'm certainly worried now!

I'm sure the Acting Chief Exec has got it covered off.

I remember we signed a lad on loan (Byrne?) earlier in the day when we played Stockport at Edgeley Park in 2008. So unless the rules have changed, Matt Chambers tweety thing seems reasonable.

I'm sure the Acting Chief Exec has got it covered off.

I remember we signed a lad on loan (Byrne?) earlier in the day when we played Stockport at Edgeley Park in 2008. So unless the rules have changed, Matt Chambers tweety thing seems reasonable.

Daniel Jones

Mike Keegan (men) reckons Luca and Adeyemi signed for another month (initially) Simmo till end if season. Talks ongoing re Clarke

That could be bad news on Simpson. Would be nice to get him signed permanently now as, if his form continues, other clubs will be circling come the end of the season.

That could be bad news on Simpson. Would be nice to get him signed permanently now as, if his form continues, other clubs will be circling come the end of the season.

I think Keegan means he's signed until the end of the season. We were only ever offering a contract until the end of the season anyway. It's what we have become, due to finances. Other teams can build, we scrap around and cobble together a side year on year. I can understand why we only offer one or two year deals, two words…..Chris Killen, but boy has it bit us on the arse time and again. What chance has Dickov to build a team if we're only offering 6 month and 1 year deals? Even Bournemouth offered a lad from Brighton a three and a half year deal the other day. Lads like Furman, Wes, Lee and Simpson could become the foundation of a very good team but all are in their mid-20s and are likely to want more security than a year here and there.

Scappuzi's twitter (can anyone speak italian?):

"Prestito all'oldham rinnovato fino al 29 gennaio 2012"

Google translate: "Loan all'oldham renewed until January 29, 2012"

Edited by pukka

Scappuzi's twitter (can anyone speak italian?):

"Prestito all'oldham rinnovato fino al 29 gennaio 2012"

Google translate: "Loan all'oldham renewed until January 29, 2012"

Which Twitter name is that one?

A 24 day loan would be very unusual.

Edited by opinions4u

I think Keegan means he's signed until the end of the season. We were only ever offering a contract until the end of the season anyway. It's what we have become, due to finances. Other teams can build, we scrap around and cobble together a side year on year. I can understand why we only offer one or two year deals, two words…..Chris Killen, but boy has it bit us on the arse time and again. What chance has Dickov to build a team if we're only offering 6 month and 1 year deals? Even Bournemouth offered a lad from Brighton a three and a half year deal the other day. Lads like Furman, Wes, Lee and Simpson could become the foundation of a very good team but all are in their mid-20s and are likely to want more security than a year here and there.

I think we certaintly were being cautious, but some were two year deals prior to this season.

admittedly a concern hen they all run out at the same time, but I hope the ship has stabilised a bit since then, so talks could be ongoing with quite a few players.

with regards to "even Bournemouth", they have just had a significant Russian investment, taking 50% ownership.

Certaintly not something they have bene able to do for the past few years prior to the investment.

Edited by singe

I see. Signing Simpson for six months is overly cautious and a bit short-sighted for my liking.

I see. Signing Simpson for six months is overly cautious and a bit short-sighted for my liking.

Still probably sensible though.

Will suit him & gets us his services for the rest of the season. Let's not forget that we've have to pay off (or are still paying off) Feeney.

Still probably sensible though.

Will suit him & gets us his services for the rest of the season. Let's not forget that we've have to pay off (or are still paying off) Feeney.

If Latics get to Wembley the additional money night clinch a longer deal.

I'd have thought from the way the club and simpson were saying (when he renewed for a week) it will be turned into a permanent deal by friday, that we'd have been offering him an 18 month deal!

Whats the point in him cutting short the last 6 months of what will have been a pretty decent wage at Hudds, to only sign a 6 month contract on a lesser wage here?

Why not just run his contract down and come back on loan??

In hard times, with :censored: crowds, well done to those at the club who have secured these key deals.

Well done for keeping the cost down, negotiating freebies or for dipping in to the riches of Anfield to help us through to the end of the season with a half decent side.

Do the loans include the play-offs and final? #heresdreaming