• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm saying he shouldn't have cared, especially at the time that it happened when he had other more pressing concerns.

Your question would make sense to me if he had been physically assaulted or verbally threatened.

Insult someone and natural reaction from alot of people is to confront the person who did so.

What? I see the point you're trying to make, but you're making it awfully. So don't facepalm me.

Next you will be telling me about the Scots and the English not really liking each other much...

If you get my point then cool... The point is the important bit and not how it was made.. Moving on...

I think white jews and their history can be compared some what to the struggle of the black man... The hatred, dislike and abuse through history is evident...

Struggles between irish / english and scots is COMPLETELY different type of "racism" which very much has to do with conflict over land / power / and religion...

I hope that expands my point a little...

Ill move on / leave this point now...

Edited by oafc0000

He showed the moron that his opinion mattered and that he could get at him with a few words, instead of just saying to himself "who gives a f**k?". I am not proud of Adeyemi or his reaction. In fact at one point it looked like he was going to get himself sent off. The last thing I would would ever want anyone to do in life is learn from the example he set that night.

This is utter bollocks. He had every right to react. He shouldn't have to accept or ignore the abuse he got. I'm glad he reacted; glad he pointed out the culprit(s); and glad someone's been arrested. It shouldn't happen, full stop.

This is utter bollocks. He had every right to react.

I've never said anything about what his "rights" are. I am only commenting on what a rational reaction would be.

He shouldn't have to accept or ignore the abuse he got. I'm glad he reacted; glad he pointed out the culprit(s); and glad someone's been arrested. It shouldn't happen, full stop.

One of the above points isn't necessary for the others to come to fruition. I've highlighted it for you.

I've already addressed this very point, and I have no patience for this kind of logical fallacy.

Have you ever been subject to racial abuse, or in the presence of people who have made racial abuse about your race? If the answer is yes, then I simply don't understand how you can come out with that rubbish. If it is no, then honestly, you're in no place to comment. You've got no idea how it feels.

I think what 0000 is trying to say is, that as a white Englishman in a predominately white dominated country, he has never been on the tailend of any racial abuse. Same here. If anyone called me a white bastard I'd just think, hell, is that the best you can do?! However, a person of minority, be it black, Irish, polish etc, will have experienced it at some point or other. Or if he hasn't, will have older relatives who have had some pretty horrendous :censored:e spouted at them in their lifetime.

Or I might be wrong and he didn't mean that at all!!!! Just how I took it....

I have some understanding of what Phil is saying, albeit that he makes his point in a way to guarantee an argument. It does depend on the perception of the victim as to how severe the effects of racial o other abuse will be. Old boys must have got used to it, it must be s dock to kids like Tom

Have you ever been subject to racial abuse, or in the presence of people who have made racial abuse about your race? If the answer is yes, then I simply don't understand how you can come out with that rubbish. If it is no, then honestly, you're in no place to comment. You've got no idea how it feels.

What part of "this is a logical fallacy" do you not understand?

And to hit you with your own brand of logic, if you are too an outsider to racial insults than how can you possibly know whether I as another outsider am also unqualified.

In other words, you claim that I cannot comment because I am ignorant to what racist abuse personally feels like. Assuming you are also in this position, how can you be sure that that there is some great missing piece of the jigsaw that I must acquire in order for my comments to qualify.

Not that it matters of course, since your logic is flawed anyway.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

I've never said anything about what his "rights" are. I am only commenting on what a rational reaction would be.

One of the above points isn't necessary for the others to come to fruition. I've highlighted it for you.

But it's the sort of thing that provokes a less than rational response. The lad was very upset, and that's something you have no control over. Under the circumstances, I don't there's any reason to call his behaviour into question.

But it's the sort of thing that provokes a less than rational response. The lad was very upset, and that's something you have no control over. Under the circumstances, I don't there's any reason to call his behaviour into question.

We will have to agree to disagree then. I do see the need to question his temperament. If he truly has no control over his emotions then I am concerned for his temperament. Someone with a good or even moderate temperament would have reacted very differently.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

What part of "this is a logical fallacy" do you not understand?

And to hit you with your own brand of logic, if you are too an outsider to racial insults than how can you possibly know whether I as another outsider am also unqualified.

In other words, you claim that I cannot comment because I am ignorant to what racist abuse personally feels like. Assuming you are also in this position, how can you be sure that that there is some great missing piece of the jigsaw that I must acquire in order for my comments to qualify.

Not that it matters of course, since your logic is flawed anyway.

I am qualified. I have had racist abuse directed at me. I also lived for quite a long time without having racist abuse directed at me. So yes, I am aware of some great missing piece of the jigsaw in order for your comments to qualify.

You can logic it up all you want, but until you've been on the receiving end, you can't understand the emotive response to it.

We will have to agree to disagree then. I do see the need to question his temperament. If he truly has no control over his emotions then I am concerned for his temperament. Someone with a good or even moderate temperament would have reacted very differently.

Seinfeld.gif

Edited by JonesyOAFC

I am qualified. I have had racist abuse directed at me. I also lived for quite a long time without having racist abuse directed at me. So yes, I am aware of some great missing piece of the jigsaw in order for your comments to qualify.

You can logic it up all you want, but until you've been on the receiving end, you can't understand the emotive response to it.

The fact that you agree that it is emotive, kind of validates my argument anyway. Since I am only arguing on behalf of what the rational reaction would be.

The fact that you agree that it is emotive, kind of validates my argument anyway. Since I am only arguing on behalf of what the rational reaction would be.

We're all human, humans have emotions and reactions. These are perfectly normal reactions. Never mind, keep living in your rational bubble.