• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think that having sound temprament on a football pitch includes having deal with racism?

Gobsmacked.

Deal with racism? What's to deal with if someone shouts "n*****" from the crowd, or something of equal value?

A person of healthy temperament would not get worked up over it. Pure and simple.

Stable door closed after the has horse bolted..

This should have been the reaction after the Surez case rather than getting those t shirts printed.

Sorry, anything they do now is just a reaction, this could have been prevented ( possibly) if this so called amazing club had acted accordingly when the whole Suarez / Evra case came out.

Ive just seen King Kenny's press conference suggesting the FA is somewhat invloved in cloak and daggers. Ok KD tell the world what really happened, you sir are a disgrace. No wonder the FA have issued Liverpool a warning today.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Iv'e been called a white bastard on several occasions, never really bothered me.

I guess they just picked out the most obvious feature that i was born with, and went with it.

For some, i guess their tollerence levels are not the same as mine.

In essence, how anyone reacts to personal racism ( within the law ) is entitled to do so.

Iv'e been called a white bastard on several occasions, never really bothered me.

I guess they just picked out the most obvious feature that i was born with, and went with it.

For some, i guess their tollerence levels are not the same as mine.

In essence, how anyone reacts to personal racism ( within the law ) is entitled to do so.

Dont take this the wrong way, but this situation has nothing to do with what bothers you are not , no one cares.

Next...

Guest Scratch2000uk

Dont take this the wrong way, but this situation has nothing to do with what bothers you are not , no one cares.

Next...

I don't care what you think either, bell end!

Deal with racism? What's to deal with if someone shouts "n*****" from the crowd, or something of equal value?

A person of healthy temperament would not get worked up over it. Pure and simple.

Bollocks. Edit: a person of "healthy temperament" would do what Tom did. A robot would not get worked up.

Edited by maddog

I cant believe some of the bollocks that I have read on here.

Anyone who is even questioning Tom's reaction is actually bordering on racist behaviour themselves!

If you have taken the time to read their forum, you will realise that the Liverpool supporters around what was said were clearly upset themselves.

There was a picture showing lots of them shouting at Tom and a young kid clearly doing monkey impressions at him........... I havn't seen that at football since about 1980.

I remember the time when England fans claimed we won 1-0 in Brazil in 1984 (it was actually 2-0), failing to credit John Barnes for what was one of England's greatest ever goals.......... because he was black. Is this what its going back to?

Tom Adeyemi is not being a softarse........ wake up and smell the coffee, its 2012!

Edited by lancy lad

a young kid clearly doing monkey impressions at him

If it's the image I think it is, he might have just farted. He could be trying to find his house keys. His vision may be poor and he could be adjusting his stance to see who's running towards the Kop.

I don't think it's clear one way or the other. 2 seconds of video footage either side may prove the case. But I've not seen that.

Jumping to conclusions from still photo shots is a dangerous game to play.

Anyone who is even questioning Tom's reaction is actually bordering on racist behaviour themselves!

If you have taken the time to read their forum, you will realise that the Liverpool supporters around what was said were clearly upset themselves.

There was a picture showing lots of them shouting at Tom and a young kid clearly doing monkey impressions at him........... I havn't seen that at football since about 1980.

I remember the time when England fans claimed we won 1-0 in Brazil in 1984 (it was actually 2-0), failing to credit John Barnes for what was one of England's greatest ever goals.......... because he was black. Is this what its going back to?

Tom Adeyemi is not being a softarse........ wake up and smell the coffee, its 2012!

Now come on, he wasn't clearly doing anything, it was an unfortunately timed photograph. The racist abuse is appalling but it was a tiny minority of the Liverpool fans.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

I disagree the pic clearly shows the kid doing it, it certainly looks that way, but it needs a few frames either side to be called "clearly".

The monkey impressions would certainly make Tom's reaction more understandable (to me), but it is clear that Tom has said he is bemiused by the fuss (I doubt he would say that if it were monkey actions), that to Ruben is was racist language and the bloke arrested looks much mroe likely to be the bloke in the white shirt than the seemingly juvenile scrote that looks like he is doing the actions.

There is no evidence about the monkey actions from what I can see, and from the number of people stating thay were near what happenend and reported it, are mmuch more likely to report that than was it reported to have been said.

Of course, this may alter inth e fullness of time, but I am going on what the evidence so far.

Edited by singe

Good article in the mail on Sunday regarding this situation ,

Basically asking the question , has Liverpool's and especially Dalglish's stance on the Suarez case lead to a climate of tolerance towards this sort of thing at Anfield.

Hard to argue against !!!!!!!!!!!

I beg to differ!

I wonder what the woman next to him looks so appalled at???

Or is she just blowing on her gloved hands to keep them warm while the young lad next to her adjusts his hoodie and the nice people around him shout well played young Adeyemi???