28th January

No game next weekend, so what are we going to do about our footie fix? Two members of the Bristol Massive got cheap train tickets for Stevenage weeks ago before the bloke who booked them realised it was FA Cup 4th round day. OK, it was me. dunce.gif But as we have the train tickets, we've decided to use them anyway and go to a game in the London area. So we've chosen THE game of the day.

BARNET v CREWE!

Never been to Underhill and probably never will again as they are moving after this season. Trouble is, I don't think anyone knows where to. We could regard it as an unpaid scouting mission in case they beat Swindle Town and get to Wembley. Plus, it gives us the opportunity to run the rule over ex-Latics stalwarts Dean Brill, Mark Hughes and Steve(n) Kabba.

Anyone else taking a match in anywhere? Or is it a day's shopping with the Missus? naughty.gif

Pretty regular Saturday for me (yes, shopping with the missus).

Was contemplating going watching AFC Wimbledon. Don't fancy going on my own though.

We were considering that one, but the other member of BOAST (Bristol Oldham Athletic Supporters Trust) went there last season when he was in the area and Latics didn't have a game and didn't fancy it again, so Barnet it is.

No game next weekend, so what are we going to do about our footie fix? Two members of the Bristol Massive got cheap train tickets for Stevenage weeks ago before the bloke who booked them realised it was FA Cup 4th round day. OK, it was me. dunce.gif But as we have the train tickets, we've decided to use them anyway and go to a game in the London area. So we've chosen THE game of the day.

BARNET v CREWE!

Never been to Underhill and probably never will again as they are moving after this season. Trouble is, I don't think anyone knows where to. We could regard it as an unpaid scouting mission in case they beat Swindle Town and get to Wembley. Plus, it gives us the opportunity to run the rule over ex-Latics stalwarts Dean Brill, Mark Hughes and Steve(n) Kabba.

Anyone else taking a match in anywhere? Or is it a day's shopping with the Missus? naughty.gif

Fortunately I'm going to be in Tenerife, will miss the 2nd leg of the JPT.

Just have to find a bar with SKY that'll have it on.

Ian G.

Can I suggest as many people as poss go to Oldham Boro and Chadderton and give them a much needed boost

Would be easy for them to get the equivalent of a full seasons income

And I would love to see the record crowds not be FC United attendances.

BARNET v CREWE!

Didnt realise Mark Hughes was still playing professional football, good to see as thought he was quite good but had fitness problems.

Darlington v York

Not been to the new Darlo ground, want to help them financially, and it should be a good local derby.

You know where I'll be be Pete :wink: at Droylsden purring over the talent that is Dan Gardner, hope the Latics scouts are there to see for themselves.

PS the Darlington ground is superb.

Edited by BP1960

Was contemplating going watching AFC Wimbledon. Don't fancy going on my own though.

Managed to rope in a mate who goes irregularly. Wish I hadn't bothered; it was dire. It was like being down Tate Street watching Hulmeians. Such a poor standard.

Ended up going to Forest Green Vs Fleetwood on Saturday, you know you're at a special footballing experience when the opposite side of the ground has more sheep watching the game than people. Entertaining day out though, not sure that the vegetarian/no red meat stance that the owner has taken will catch on at other clubs but the food was of good quality, had a Badger Pasty which was surprisingly filling!

The game itself was even and a draw would've been fair, which would've been the outcome if not for a horrendous 'keeper error in the last minute. Not convinced that Fleetwood would do well in the league if they got promoted and "£1m-rated" Jamie Vardy didn't look particularly special. Best player in the game was defender Eddie Oshodi, left-footed, strong, quick and comfortable with the ball at his feet. A player who I reckon might play at our level in the near future.