atmosphere

liking all the new songs at oldham, but their not really english, so what do you guys think to starting something like before the game, like liverpool do and have never walk alone, or something else? any suggestions? something that will bring a bit of atmosphere back at boundary park, even if you cba and youd rather sit their through the game thats fine, but still as fans we've gotta atleast make it a interesting ground to come to even if we do have 3 stands... so any suggestions on songs or anything? and we could possibly have something sorted out

Lots of blue with a historic link to Pine Villa and I'm farily sure that football is ready for a Laurel and Hardy number:

On The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine -- Way Out West --1937

On a mountain in Virginia stands a lonesome pine

Just below , is the cabin home of a little girl of mine.

Her name is June and very , very soon she'll belong to me

For I know she's waiting there for me 'neath that lone pine tree.

In the blue ridge mountains of Virginia , on the trail of the lonesome pine,

In the pale moonshine , our hearts entwine

Where she carved her name and I carved mine

Oh June , like the mountains I'm blue

Like the pine I am lonesome for you

In the blue ridge mountains of virginia

On the trail of the lonesome pine

i like the sound of the neil diamond one, something that the main stand can get involved everyone singing it, scarves and flags be a good atmosphere before the game, and leaflets handed out before on lyrics for people who dont know it, to get everyone learning it

I can't really see our following singing a twee indiepop song in their masses but the chorus line of the Blacks will be grey and the whites will be grey but the blues are still blue could be easily converted to something like Citeh are :censored:e and United are :censored:e but the blues are still blue.

Long shot, admittedly.

Anyway, I really like it when a clubs fans convert a contemporary pop song into their own anthem. United, as much as I don't like them are great at doing it.

My best football atmosphere experience was River Plate FC (Argentina), They are famous for the 'Twelfth man' approach! 90 minutes of singing, drums, trumpets and megaphones! Scarves by the thousands and flags by the hundreds.

I noticed a big gap in the middle of the stand behind the goal and my Argentinean friend said watch.... 5 minutes before kickoff the 'Ultra' made their entrance WOW WOW WOW! It just did not stop from that point.

Keep it simple:

1x BIG drum

As many Tambourines as possible

Everyone own a scarf and display it above the head when singing

Get the young ones waving the flags

1x song every 5 mins with a 5 min breather for some 'COME ON OLDHAM shout'

LETS GO GO GO !!!!

I can't really see our following singing a twee indiepop song in their masses but the chorus line of the Blacks will be grey and the whites will be grey but the blues are still blue could be easily converted to something like Citeh are :censored:e and United are :censored:e but the blues are still blue.

Long shot, admittedly.

Anyway, I really like it when a clubs fans convert a contemporary pop song into their own anthem. United, as much as I don't like them are great at doing it.

the only way I can see an original song being adopted if it was by a more localish band/group. Theres a piece in the National Football Museum of the Kop in the 1960's and the fans are singing Merseybeat songs from that era like with Man Utd fans chanting Stone Roses, Joy Division songs, Chelsea singing Madness and Leeds singing Chumbawamba etc

Edited by Tommy_Fent