Im sorry but yet again this has imo got to be discussed with only 24 hours in window left

Constant moaning and under preforming he has got to go, i know its going to be hard to replace him based on every season bar this but you cant tell me the scouts are impressed again by that

I love Tails but think its gone stale really thought he would produce and for me Morais was better tonight and Marsh-Brown in brief cameo

KTF

totally different player to 3 or 4 years ago. doesn't take players on anymore, this was his main asset and he was so dangerous. now he is so predictable plus he is always whining and diving. gone backwards badly.

totally agree, remember him gliding past defenders with real pace and agility 4 or so years ago. now he just looks like a deer in the headlights when someone squares him up. think "on his day" he is one of our best players but those "days" are declining very rapidly

I actually though he played well tonight - but not as a winger. He ran his arse off, rescued about a half dozen lost causes, and got his foot in in the nick of time on several occasions.

He just didn't play as a classic winger. He seemed more of a centre mid tonight.

As for getting rid? Are you serious??? He may not be the player he was 3 -4 years ago, but he's still one of our better ones, and players like that cost money to replace, which we don't have.

I think we just need to accept that he's not going to be a £1m player anymore.

But I will agree that he needs to cut out his whining and diving........

Had no worse or better game than anyone else.. yet if his crosses didn't deliver he was booed (only boo's all night) yet anyone else did similar.... nothing!! Lets been homer lot fans had it in for him from his first game. Seems some don't like local lad done good

The silly screaming cow in the paddock does nowt but abuse him for 90 and to be fair to a geezer in front of her tonight he gave her some back!

All this 'i pay my money to have an opinion' bollocks - thank goodness i don't have a season ticket near her and have to listen to that 'opinion' week in week out!!- id have throttled her bi now.

Unfortunately I have a feeling he may go tomorrow. I can't see what is left for him here anymore.

Still rate the guy and thought he did OK tonight.

played on his natural side tonight the right wing...and as a winger did very little.....why after 20 mins him and moraise didnt swap i dont know...no decent crosses in tonight from anybody....bit harsh to single him out in that lot....kuqis done nowt for 11 games now but he doesnt get stick....

cant see anybody coming in for him after recent showings....

Im sorry but yet again this has imo got to be discussed with only 24 hours in window left

Constant moaning and under preforming he has got to go, i know its going to be hard to replace him based on every season bar this but you cant tell me the scouts are impressed again by that

I love Tails but think its gone stale really thought he would produce and for me Morais was better tonight and Marsh-Brown in brief cameo

KTF

Here we go again... it baffles me how CT gets this type of criticism - again last night he played his heart out and was a constant threat to Chesterfield - I hope that he does go to a championship side and at least gets the chance to earn a little more and play in a better team.He has stayed loyal to Oldham for a long time but I would not begrudge him the opportunity to move onward and upward.

Here we go again... it baffles me how CT gets this type of criticism - again last night he played his heart out and was a constant threat to Chesterfield - I hope that he does go to a championship side and at least gets the chance to earn a little more and play in a better team.He has stayed loyal to Oldham for a long time but I would not begrudge him the opportunity to move onward and upward.

I agree he worked hard, but how was he a threat? How many men did he beat, how many pin point crosses did he put in and how many times did he make Tommy Lee work? Therein lies the problem with our attack and Taylor in particular. As an attacking unit we have been sussed and are all fur coat and no nickers…..

Teams this year, like last season are prepared to conceded possession and territory as they know we are pretty toothless….Of the three goals we've scored in our last 6 games, two were worldy's. If we go further back, since we hammered Chesterfield in the league we've played 14 games and won 3, scoring only 11 goals of which 5 have been long range. That takes us back to the last 18/19 games of last season, were despite steady, patient build up play we could only score worldys…..It's a worry, and if not addressed by the management will see us drop like a stone. Only this year we do not have that cushion that enabled us to scrape survival with a couple of games to spare. Bearing in mind we have we have a tough run-in with most of the-top half away from home to play, we need to gain some momentum and quick.

Back to Taylor, I thank him for his contribution, but it's clear he's walking in the summer, he might as well go today for a nominal fee. As for him making it in the Championship? Not a chance...

I've just up-voted that post thebigdog.

Didn't any of Taylor's biggest critics notice how well he played, how at home looked and how much respect the opposition players gave him at Anfield??

I said it before, and I'll say it again here - there is a Championship player there. What I do get pissed off with is the pissing & moaning, that has always been there; but this season seems to have reached new levels ( following on from Uncle Kuqi's example?)

He's reached a pivotal point in his own career - and as much as I'd want him here next season - I think he'll be off on a free in the summer. I wouldn't begrudge him a "Wellen's" moment and taking his signing on fee & better wages.

IMO, with more space to work in, a fresh environment to work in, better player & coaches to work with - I think he'd thrive at a Championship side.

I'd refer people to the Will Buckley example. A work colleague is a school friend of Will & knows him well. At 'Dale, he was often criticised by the fans for no end product, being all pace but no skill, not being able to beat a man etc. Sound familiar? He got his move to the Championship with Watford, and kicked on like mad. He improved with the better coaching, better players & fresh start. £1million pounds later and he's a key figure in a play-off chasing Brighton side, attracting Premiership scouts ever week watching him.

Taylor deserves a chance to test himself in a higher division - he's given great service to us in an age when players spend 6months at a side and feck off. Yes he hasn't fully delivered on all his initial promise, but just because he didn't net us a £1million & is a latics fan - he shouldn't be crucified, singled out or booed out of Boundary Park.

Just like Eardley - I don't want him to leave, but I actually think it best for the lad that he does.

who else in the squad ot starting team has a final ball at the moment???? we have done nothing for weeks! is it all taylors fault??

Ive mentioned it before in the past but a certain striker pissed and moaned, kicked the ball away and talked himself in to the book AGAIN last night and didnt have an end product.....it goes unmentioned

at least when Taylor goes the problem will be solved.....the bitching and moaning and the blaming of one of our best player will stop on this board at last!

Edited by palmer1

I've just up-voted that post thebigdog.

Didn't any of Taylor's biggest critics notice how well he played, how at home looked and how much respect the opposition players gave him at Anfield??

I said it before, and I'll say it again here - there is a Championship player there. What I do get pissed off with is the pissing & moaning, that has always been there; but this season seems to have reached new levels ( following on from Uncle Kuqi's example?)

He's reached a pivotal point in his own career - and as much as I'd want him here next season - I think he'll be off on a free in the summer. I wouldn't begrudge him a "Wellen's" moment and taking his signing on fee & better wages.

IMO, with more space to work in, a fresh environment to work in, better player & coaches to work with - I think he'd thrive at a Championship side.

I'd refer people to the Will Buckley example. A work colleague is a school friend of Will & knows him well. At 'Dale, he was often criticised by the fans for no end product, being all pace but no skill, not being able to beat a man etc. Sound familiar? He got his move to the Championship with Watford, and kicked on like mad. He improved with the better coaching, better players & fresh start. £1million pounds later and he's a key figure in a play-off chasing Brighton side, attracting Premiership scouts ever week watching him.

Taylor deserves a chance to test himself in a higher division - he's given great service to us in an age when players spend 6months at a side and feck off. Yes he hasn't fully delivered on all his initial promise, but just because he didn't net us a £1million & is a latics fan - he shouldn't be crucified, singled out or booed out of Boundary Park.

Just like Eardley - I don't want him to leave, but I actually think it best for the lad that he does.

Cheers Mr Stallone - I now think it is best for him too - and boy do I hope he proves me right...

(btw - I also upped my rep... didn't mean to but clicked on the wrong icon) :D