Season ticket holders - do you want "compensating"?

Season ticket holders...  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want compensating?

• Yes
    • No

Simon Corney says he is looking at ways to compensate season ticket holders after announcing the "Golden Ticket" offer.

I for one would rather he didn't dig any deeper than he already is.

I buy my season ticket each year in the knowledge there is always a game or two where something like this is done and there will always be a handful of games I'll miss due to other commitments.

Well done on an excellent & generous initiative Simon and please keep your money!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no point. But selling the ticket won't guarantee them attending, one good stuffing and it'll all go tits up. It's a strange idea.

I thought you were jacking it all in and wanted nothing more to do with Latics?

Posted Today, 07:09 PM Delfer

And property prices will never go back up eh? Part of me hopes you're all right but I reckon even if he turns out to be an ongoing nutter who will continue to "show faith and keep losing money" the club will still continue to diminish. The truth is Oldham doesn't deserve a team. This will be my last season ticket; after 37 years of support I really didn't care if the penalty against Walsall went in or not, I just wanted to go home. I've had enough, good luck you you all.

Edited by LaticsPete

I thought you were jacking it all in and wanted nothing more to do with Latics?

You thought wrong then smartarse and stop trying to pick a fight - i really can't be arsed. I said I've lost my desire, I'll see most of the rest of the games, having paid for the dearest ticket available but I won't be renewing. OK with you that?

The only way I want compensating is by performances on the pitch, I pay my money for my season ticket to help the team through the summer months, guarantee me tickets if we get a big game and save me faffing about for the cash on a Saturday.

There aren't enough people like me willing to put the money in up front and that is why the club is in the position that it is. We're into lamp rubbing time and hoping for a miracle. The vicious circle of low budget > worse players > low crowds > low budget > worse players > low crowds > low budget.... just rumbles on.

Simon Corney says he is looking at ways to compensate season ticket holders after announcing the "Golden Ticket" offer.

I for one would rather he didn't dig any deeper than he already is.

I buy my season ticket each year in the knowledge there is always a game or two where something like this is done and there will always be a handful of games I'll miss due to other commitments.

Well done on an excellent & generous initiative Simon and please keep your money!

=============

100% agree and those S/T holders that moan have to seriously think about their so called loyalty / support for the club when they need it.

For once i can honestly say without malice - SC stick your compensation !!!!!!

Edited by losesome

I got my season ticket around christmas so this deal really does make that outlay look a waste. Having said that I wouldn't want any compensation from the club. Anyone demanding anything like that is a clown.

SC keep whatever you were going to spend on this compensation and buy some lottery tickets with it.

The only way I want compensating is by performances on the pitch, I pay my money for my season ticket to help the team through the summer months, guarantee me tickets if we get a big game and save me faffing about for the cash on a Saturday.

There aren't enough people like me willing to put the money in up front and that is why the club is in the position that it is. We're into lamp rubbing time and hoping for a miracle. The vicious circle of low budget > worse players > low crowds > low budget > worse players > low crowds > low budget.... just rumbles on.

This

Although I agree on the vicious circle, I think your slightly harsh on saying it's people that don't put money front that are to blame for the clubs situation. Not everyone's fortunate enough to be able to afford that sort of cash.

Although I agree on the vicious circle, I think your slightly harsh on saying it's people that don't put money front that are to blame for the clubs situation. Not everyone's fortunate enough to be able to afford that sort of cash.

I think the point he was making was that there aren't enough people who can afford to who are willing to do it.