Crowd

I hope every single person who ironically cheered and took the piss out of their fans for how many they brought last night, will all be at stevenage.

Of course they won't (neather will I but finances and all that) it is seen as being ok to mock fans with a poor away following despite us having a terrible home following. Respect to every Colchester fan that travelled

I clapped when they read out their attendance last night, I thought there was a smattering in the Chaddy who were also clapping genuinely.

Fair play to those who did travel up from Colchester (I'm sure of the 61 a few were based around here or the NW) for a mid-table game on a cold Tuesday night. I know I wouldn't have done if things were the other way round.

I hope every single person who ironically cheered and took the piss out of their fans for how many they brought last night, will all be at stevenage.

I ironically cheered and rightly so 61 is pathetic. I'm not going to stevenage either. I've done my bit over the years.

I ironically cheered and rightly so 61 is pathetic. I'm not going to stevenage either. I've done my bit over the years.

Oh, well done you. Colchester to Oldham is pretty much a 450 mile round trip and takes at least 4 1/2 hours each way. That means leaving Colchester by about 2:30 and getting home around 12 hours later. How about those who have to go to work on both days? How about those who have family requirements (you can work those out for yourself)? They had one coach (which takes even longer given restricted speed limits) which brought 20 apparently, so 41 others drove up and back.

I take my hat off to each and every one of them. applause1.gif

Oh, well done you. Colchester to Oldham is pretty much a 450 mile round trip and takes at least 4 1/2 hours each way. That means leaving Colchester by about 2:30 and getting home around 12 hours later. How about those who have to go to work on both days? How about those who have family requirements (you can work those out for yourself)? They had one coach (which takes even longer given restricted speed limits) which brought 20 apparently, so 41 others drove up and back.

I take my hat off to each and every one of them. applause1.gif

Not to mention motorway hold-up which meant Colchester only arrived at BP at 7:10pm.

Football banter in the 21st century innit, makes about as much sense as a condom machine in the Vatican. A bit like when Tranmere fans sing about Oldham being a :censored:hole

Can't believe some people jeered and laughed when they announced their 61.

Just remind me where it was a few years back one wet Tuesday night , may have been colchester but somewhere east of London (afraid my memory is not as good as it was)

There was probably 20 - 30 Latics fans behind the goal on a terible night.

The club announced over the loud speaker if all Latics fans would make there way to the corner flag and they allowed us in the covered stand .

So Latics have took less to an away match.

These 61 deserve a medal to support the team like they did not jeered at.

Edited by losesome

Just remind me where it was a few years back one wet Tuesday night , may have been colchester but somewhere east of London (afraid my memory is not as good as it was)

The club announced over the loud speaker if all Latics fans would make there way to the corner flag and they allowed us in the covered stand .

Not having that. Neither you had, had to much Stella or cant count. I'm led to believe we took 49 to Carlisle in the autoglass once.

That happened at Bournemouh away.

Can't recall the year. but I reckon it was around 1989-91

It was nearly as wet as Gillingham.

On the crowd:

1) I think the take up of Golden Tickets is poor. A great initiative though. Hopefully £15 for 4 games will reel a few more in.

2) Football chants are crap these days. "I wanna go home ..." 10 mins in to a game? Well silly people for coming in the first place!

3) Colchester is just about the last place I would go to watch Latics in a mid-table match on a Tuesday night. So credit to those 61. I thought Walsall's 102 was shameful though, but having seen them play I understand why!

On the crowd:

1) I think the take up of Golden Tickets is poor. A great initiative though. Hopefully £15 for 4 games will reel a few more in.

2) Football chants are crap these days. "I wanna go home ..." 10 mins in to a game? Well silly people for coming in the first place!

3) Colchester is just about the last place I would go to watch Latics in a mid-table match on a Tuesday night. So credit to those 61. I thought Walsall's 102 was shameful though, but having seen them play I understand why!

On your 1st point the uptake paid for itself last night (we got 5x as many pay-on-the-dayers than normal last night). But aside from a piece just after the announcement I've not seen much about it in the MEN. I've said it time and time again marketing the club on its official website and in the Chron is NOT good enough- lots of people who might go given such a deal will not regularly read our website nor get the Chron.

A lot of the stuff on twitter has been fan based, it is the best deal in football at the moment but the publicity we have gotten for it has been :censored:e.

Hereford had 45 supporters at Gillingham last night on the 420 miles 8 hour round trip.

Scoring went:

Gills Bulls

0 - 1

0 – 2

1 – 2

2 – 2

2 – 3

2 – 4

3 – 4

4 – 4 (88 min)

5 – 4 (93 min)

Imagine the extreme emotions those loyal away supporters went through. :blink: