Season Ticket Prices Frozen

I applaud the intiative although the Facebook thread about whether fans liked the Hartlepool prices had me thinking we were going to get the same or similar deal! I wish the 16-19 yr old bracket had also been reduced. Would save me a few quid for my son's ticket - then again he's kind of lost interest recently. Wonder why?! So maybe I won't renew his......

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We pay on the gate and can pick and choose our games, that's what's in it for us.

The club has no obligation/reason to make things cheaper for those who would go anyway. The Bradford-like offers are good but would people really turn up more, or just pay less to turn up the same amount? If it's the latter then there's no benefit to the club to run such an offer.

no I'm with you, the club needs to look out what's in it for them, it's how all businesses work. Personally if they did introduce such a scheme I would go to more matches but I can't speak for the rest of those who can't always make it

I applaud the intiative although the Facebook thread about whether fans liked the Hartlepool prices had me thinking we were going to get the same or similar deal! I wish the 16-19 yr old bracket had also been reduced. Would save me a few quid for my son's ticket - then again he's kind of lost interest recently. Wonder why?! So maybe I won't renew his......

if we did do a Hartlepool deal it would limit the potential income. When Bradford, Port Vale and Huddersfield did it they could get more out of it because they all have a much bigger stadium than us

We pay on the gate and can pick and choose our games, that's what's in it for us.

The club has no obligation/reason to make things cheaper for those who would go anyway. The Bradford-like offers are good but would people really turn up more, or just pay less to turn up the same amount? If it's the latter then there's no benefit to the club to run such an offer.

Hartlepool are interesting. They've obviously got some excellent gates this year, but their average home attendances have been higher when they've been doing very well. When they got promoted from League Two their average was higher than what it is this year.

First season back from university. I've still managed a good 15/16 a season (home and away) since I've been away but I'm looking forward to getting a season ticket - although I need a bloody job because I'm on a two-month internship in Denmark. Hopefully I had three numbers on the Irish last night...

However, a massive big :petesake: for the May 11th deadline.

Use the 3 months interest free credit.

It also has the advantage of Consumer Credit Act protection (section 75) which means you get all or part of your money back if Latics go bump.

£100 in May, June and July when you've no matches to go to, no away trips etc. Won't miss it.

I still think more should be done for the unemployed, and those under 21 should ALL qualify for the intermediary offer. Not just students. Shooting ourselves in the foot there. The £10 is a great offer, and even of I don't get a ST myself, I'll definitely be getting my two a ticket.

The 10 for a junior is excellent. How many people do you hear moaning that they want to go but cannot afford to because they are paying for them and two kids to go.

Use the 3 months interest free credit.

It also has the advantage of Consumer Credit Act protection (section 75) which means you get all or part of your money back if Latics go bump.

£100 in May, June and July when you've no matches to go to, no away trips etc. Won't miss it.

Not everyone is willing to use finance though, interest free credit or not.

May 11th is even earlier than last year!!!

Crap, I can't afford to pay £20 every week.

Welcome to the real world mate, it's :censored:e ;)

You could always just keep your mouth shut. £20 is too much for a 16 year lad and they wouldn't ask for a birth certificate. I know it's 'immoral' but I also know what I'd be doing at 16.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10337~2723894,00.html

You've got until 11th May to take advantage of the lover rate. Some long, hard thinking to do. I like the Tenner offer for kids but I think more should be offered to those renewing, let's face it for 3 1/2 seasons it's been absolutely :censored: at home.

Grand lothario discount?!

I still think more should be done for the unemployed, and those under 21 should ALL qualify for the intermediary offer. Not just students. Shooting ourselves in the foot there. The £10 is a great offer, and even of I don't get a ST myself, I'll definitely be getting my two a ticket.

I'm unemployed and struggling to find a way to get an ST for next season, same with my brother. I disagree, though, why should we get special treatment for being out of work? I also hope I'm not unemployed all summer, so if I got a job during the summer or anytime during the season it would be even more unfair.

I was fully expecting the prices to go up this year - the prices of everything else have gone up so the running costs of the club must be higher than they were 3-4 years ago, plus Corney must be feeling the effects of bankrolling the club on his own. Wasn't really expecting any 'compensation' for the Golden Ticket deal either (like many people said on here at the time, I was glad to see the club doing something to try and bump the crowds up and i didn't feel i was owed anything, it didn't cost me anything), so quite happy with the prices being frozen.

A little late now but i am sure we would sell more season tickets and therefor make more money if we followed the stockport route £120 SEASON TICKET hartlpool £150 season ticket.Sure we would sell out or at least offer a section ie one stand and fill it every week

Never been a season ticket holder but this has made me think, i take my two boys when i can and they enjoyed it, i think we all enjoyed regular football during March with the golden ticket. Tempting. The Bury offer is actually a bit of a bonus too as living in Whitefield my kids often get free tickets there through school/football and to be honest I just enjoy going watching live football

With the "admin" fee it worked out cheaper doing it over 10 months.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet. Renew or not to renew that is the question. Still pissed off we was put on the back row at Liverpool and the response I got off SC when I complained about it. But I thought getting to see the Southend or Bradford (can't remember which) for cheaper than none ST holder's was great because they didn't have to do that. Gunna have a long think about it.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10337~2723894,00.html

You've got until 11th May to take advantage of the lover rate. Some long, hard thinking to do. I like the Tenner offer for kids but I think more should be offered to those renewing, let's face it for 3 1/2 seasons it's been absolutely :censored: at home.

How does one qualify for this ? :grin: