The squad movements thread - who's in, who's out

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think Millar would be over the moon with a new contract?

Unless we're paying him in 'old badge' products the club shop are struggling to shift...

Would also think Diallo would be over the moon with a new contract...

Dean Bouzanis (2013)

Alex Cisak (2013 plus a further one year option)

Luke Simpson (second year of scholarship)

Glenn Belezika (2013 plus a further one year option)

Connor Brown (2013 plus a further one year option)

Jean-Yves Mvoto (2013)

James Tarkowski (2013)

Carl Winchester (2013)

Dean Furman (2013)

Connor Hughes (2013)

David Mellor (2013)

James Wesolowski (2014)

Matt Smith (2013)

Dan Taylor (2013 plus a further one year option)

still to sign:

Kuqi, R Simpson, Diallo, Morais, Millar, Mchangama
Edited by shefflatic

A LB, a CB, a winger and a striker plus Simpson, Morais, Diallo and M'Changama would leave the squad looking healthier.

Looking forward to seeing who we sign.

I dont want to dash your hopes, but I cannot see us signing 8 more players.

Dean Bouzanis (2013)

Alex Cisak (2013 plus a further one year option)

Luke Simpson (second year of scholarship)

Glenn Belezika (2013 plus a further one year option)

Connor Brown (2013 plus a further one year option)

Jean-Yves Mvoto (2013)

James Tarkowski (2013)

Carl Winchester (2013)

Dean Furman (2013)

Connor Hughes (2013)

David Mellor (2013)

James Wesolowski (2014)

Matt Smith (2013)

Dan Taylor (2013 plus a further one year option)

still to sign:

Kuqi, R Simpson, Diallo, Morais, Millar, Mchangama

Cisak

Brown

CB

M'voto (Tarky backup for both)

LB

RW (Unless Morais re-signs)

Furman

Wes

LW

ST

ST

Think that's where we'll be looking to streghten.. At the for the first team thats;

1 CB

1 LB

2 Wingers

2 Strikers

Not basing that on those offered contracts.. If Simpson and Morais sign then its only 1 Winger and 1 ST for first team.. Reckon that Smith and Taylor will be back-up strikers.. Even if Diallo signs I still think we need to look at another left-back.. Winchester can cover at RB if Brown gets injured..

Expecting a bit of business to be done in the next couple of weeks since PD wants his squad together before the Portugal trip.

I cant see brown being thrown in think he will be back-up, think we will see more than 8 as we will prob get 2-3 loans in, expecting Reece Brown for the season to fill that defensive birth still need a right back, problem is what happens if say M'voto got injured for the season opening day???

Long way to go im far from worried yet will assess it when pre-season starts then time to worry

Cisak

Brown

CB

M'voto (Tarky backup for both)

LB

RW (Unless Morais re-signs)

Furman

Wes

LW

ST

ST

Think that's where we'll be looking to streghten.. At the for the first team thats;

1 CB

1 LB

2 Wingers

2 Strikers

Not basing that on those offered contracts.. If Simpson and Morais sign then its only 1 Winger and 1 ST for first team.. Reckon that Smith and Taylor will be back-up strikers.. Even if Diallo signs I still think we need to look at another left-back.. Winchester can cover at RB if Brown gets injured..

Expecting a bit of business to be done in the next couple of weeks since PD wants his squad together before the Portugal trip.

Interesting and good points

I think some of the players offering contracts are close to signing or are signed already not announced.

I think it will be a AN other striker (even Kuqi -but hopefully not no offence) +Taylor or Smith not back up but one of the main. Taylor more likely.

I agree about Another LEft back but would prefer another CB too.

We did not quite get it right last year, the defence let in too many soft goals.

I agree some movement int he next few weeks, but reckon one or two places might still be up for grabs by season start.

who knows maybe the Cup game proceeds might stretch to another player or a better player than first targetted.

I cant see brown being thrown in think he will be back-up, think we will see more than 8 as we will prob get 2-3 loans in, expecting Reece Brown for the season to fill that defensive birth still need a right back, problem is what happens if say M'voto got injured for the season opening day???

i don't fancy the idea of watching a defensive birth. That's no spectator sport.

Interesting and good points

I think some of the players offering contracts are close to signing or are signed already not announced.

I think it will be a AN other striker (even Kuqi -but hopefully not no offence) +Taylor or Smith not back up but one of the main. Taylor more likely.

I agree about Another LEft back but would prefer another CB too.

We did not quite get it right last year, the defence let in too many soft goals.

I agree some movement int he next few weeks, but reckon one or two places might still be up for grabs by season start.

who knows maybe the Cup game proceeds might stretch to another player or a better player than first targetted.

I think we'll start the season with 4 strikers - Simpson, Tonk, Smith and Taylor, with perhaps Smith/Taylor going out on loan for a couple of months at the start unless they hit the floor running and us bringing in one on loan. Wouldn't be surprised if Bunn was here at some point next season aswell.

One or two places will be up for grabs by start of season, think this most likely will be out on the wings.

Think the cup proceeds will be welcome, as it will fill the hole that the pension bill took out of the ST sales, so it is likely our plans will be revised to the previous ones before the bill.

What you been drinking? Not a chance of that happening Taylor has come to play not go out on loan. Well capable and think Tonks is less likely as a result but hope not.

Water.

He's not played league football before, and if he is struggling at the start, then there's a good chance he'll go out on loan for a month or two to a lower league likewise with Smith. Don't know why you seem to think that it won't happen?

Water.

He's not played league football before, and if he is struggling at the start, then there's a good chance he'll go out on loan for a month or two to a lower league likewise with Smith. Don't know why you seem to think that it won't happen?

Send him to Rochdale - he'll come back firing like Dale Stephens, we hope.

Because the lad wants to be playing chose us in order to get that chance and will be loads better than anyone else we might have ie Bunn. Strong, young and scores goals so why would we let him go out on a 12 month deal. Bet thats why hes agreed the 12 months doesnt play and he will move so the 2 years more in his favour? Smith different in hes come up the pyramid Taylor been scoring in a reserve team possibly stronger than our first team...

Love the assumption he will struggle?

I don't think the management will care whether he wants to play or not if he isn't performing (Admittedly debatable given their insistence on Tonk and Kuqi playing out of form in the last two seasons). He will be loads better than anyone else we might have? Will he? I'd love it if he is going to be, but initially I doubt it. Who mentioned letting him go out on a 12 month deal? I mentioned a couple of months. When Smith joined he was strong young and scoring goals. Reserve games are completely different to professional games. Ask any footballer, and they'll tell you league football is alot quicker tempo etc than reserve games. Scapuzzi was scoring in a reserve team stronger than our first team, and he didn't exactly score a lot did he?

I made no assumption of struggling, I said that I would expect him or Smith to go on loan for a couple of the months at the start of the reason unless they hit the ground running. By that I mean not on form much, struggling to get into the starting eleven, so goes out on loan for a bit of first team football and returns a better more confident player. The key word I used was IF didn't hit the ground running or if struggling a bit. Never said I expect him to struggle, I said I would expect him to go out on loan around start of the season IF he was.

Paul Tisdale, Exeter manager, says the market for free agent players is stagnant at the moment.

"I think it's going to be a long summer of waiting," he added. "A lot of other clubs are in the same boat as us and holding their nerve, paying only what they can afford.

"I think there are a lot of players out there at the moment who are disappointed by the offers on the table.

"There are a lot of players who are waiting to find a better deal and a lot of clubs who are standing firm, not prepared to give a better deal.

"Ultimately, I'm going to get the best value I can and we're not going to spend more than we can afford."

Edited by LaticsPete

I'm pleased the club appear to have set a deadline now for the waverers within our squad............sign up or take your chances in the scrum to get fixed up elsewhere.

We need to start shaping our squad now, i expect plenty of movement after july 1st.

He balance of power is slowly changing; more so at our level & below.

Players are now, finally it seems, beginning to realise that clubs will not be paying the inflated wages of a few years back. The economic crisis has bitten and clubs will not be forking out £1,000 a week for an average player anymore.

Hopefully, players will now realise that an offer of regular 1st team football coupled with a decent but realistic wage packet is an attractive proposition now.

I think the power is starting to shift back to the clubs; and that IMO is only a good thing.

It'll only take a few weeks of several clubs balking at a players inflated wage demands & moving onto other targets for them to realise that they need to be morr realistic & to lower their unreasonable expectations.

I think the club is, so far, doing the right thing in playing the waiting game. I think a heck of a lot of players are in for a shock this summer; and lots & lots will find themselves clubless due to over/pricing themselves out of potential moves.