As a Latics fan...Who are you supporting in the derby?

Manchester Derby  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who d'ya want to win?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

United.

Fergie did me a favour once.

Always preferred the Old Trafford atmosphere over Maine Road as a kid.

Got bullied at school by City fans for watching lower league football! Well, teased a bit lol.

United's wealth has been built on footballing success rather than a rich sugar Daddy.

I prefer Reece Brown to Harry Bunn.

Edited by opinions4u

City without a doubt, my Mrs is a City season ticket holder. Never really hated City as much as the scum growing up as no matter what division they were in I thought we could give them a decent game. Hate Utd & their fans, especially now as most of them are used to success whereas growing up you could always take the pxss out if them because they never win the league!!! Always be A.B.U.!!!!!

ABU! 100% City!

Nothing can beat my hatred for united, growing up as a latics fan, being one out of 30 who wasn't a scum. They have no reason to support other than "my family are all united" or "I was born in Manchester" - unlikely.

Then as you grow up they are worse, I talk to a lad in work who knows feck all about his supposed team, yet he wants Mourinho in instead of fergie and we need sneijder.

Will absoloutely revel in it if City do em tomorrow. Come on Blues!

Less of the two evils. City for me. I absolutely loathe the scum with an unrational passion. That loathing as grown more and more with each and every season with the scum fans becoming ever more arrogant and the club itself postioning it with the other big clubs in such away they will never be tilted from power.

With the latest song 'we're man ****** we'll do what we want' the ultimate arrogant :censored:e I despise about them.

ABU forever.

Edited by Lags

Dislike both but probably City on the basis that I would like to see a new team on the PL trophy.

My dislike for City is more their fans than the actual club. The most miserable, bitterest set of bastards I have ever come across, even when they were top of the Prem comfortably. And there is still far too much obsession with what United do, with some of them it's still more about hating United than supporting their own team.

I have grown to tolerate Man U more in recent years and again my dislike is probably more to do with the fans, as in the ones who claim to be die hard reds yet hide behind the 'cant get a ticket' excuse and think supporting your team is all about watching the game at the pub. Have no issue with Man U fans who can afford to go to games and make the effort to do so when they can.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Have no love whatsoever for either, but I hate United with unrivalled hatred. Everything they do, say - either as players, manager or fans - detest them to the max.

Arrogant to the core - therefore I ticked City.

Knock the smile off the "70'000 muppets" and the many millions of TV 'fans' - scum.

I am hoping both sides field ineligible players, fail to control their team and provide such embarrassment to their owners that they pull the respective plugs plunging both sides into administration and therefore an opening for Arsenal to nip in.

Failing that I don't care. I certainly won't be watching.

This is like having to choose between Sadam Hussain and Kim Jong Il.

As we no longer play either of them my hatred for both has lessened somewhat and despite Sky building this upto the level of importance of The moon landings, The Second World War and the birth of Christ encapsulated in 90 minutes of football, its not a game that matters to me as such, just something I can sit on the couch and watch on Tv on a monday night while scratching my balls. I couldn't go to the pub, I was in a pub outside Wembley when Glossop North end got to the FA vase final and United and City was on the TV and was packed with both sets of fans singing. So I decided to walk outside as I'd rather finish my pint in the sun rather than throw it all over the lot of them. Football at that level is just about entertaining me its about as much of a sport as WWE, so I'm going to sit back and watch the irony of the whole thing that will unfold infront of me. I hope that Balotelli plays becasue he's equally as capable of scoring a hatrick and lighting a cigar infront of Sir Alex, or getting sent off for punching his own team mates.

Voted for M U f our a couple of reasons, 1, is easier and quicker for me to get to eastlands that BP, 2, if city sold Richards it would help our club tremendously, but they won't. 3, some of the missus' relatives support city, even the mother in law, and yet her late husband was a diehard 'tic. I despise them both but I hate city more.

Same with City really?

Yes, you are right - of course it is. It's only a game. Oldham fans don't half have a sorry-ass, hound-dog chip on their shoulder. These two teams couldn't give a monkeys about Oldham, this 'we ate the scum' rivalry is a little one sided these day don't we think? Matters not one jot who you - or you do not - pick.

Yes, you are right - of course it is. It's only a game. Oldham fans don't half have a sorry-ass, hound-dog chip on their shoulder. These two teams couldn't give a monkeys about Oldham, this 'we ate the scum' rivalry is a little one sided these day don't we think? Matters not one jot who you - or you do not - pick.

However in the opinions of those that clearly state they hate the scum it does matter a jot. To you....No

Now, some of you may not care, but i was curious to which way the opinion would swing.

Personally, i want United to win.. and thats the only time i'll ever say that.. but i can't stand the fact that city have just bought success essentially!

While I agree that City have spent shedloads to 'buy success' let's not ignore the fact that Utd also spend large too.

The relative cost of each squad is as follows:

City - £365m and Utd - £265m

However I still cannot bring myself to want Utd to win at anything so City all the way for me.

united...as stated above i have no respect for teams who try to buy the title,the fans seem to think it gives them the god given right to become big headed arrogant pricks

it's no different to hudders etc chucking in the money trying to buy out of league 1,

City for me, my Mums side were City fans, when we were in the :censored: their fans donated more money than what the Utd fans did, the fact Utd cheated Latics on two occasions with goals that never were, the fact that a lot of people choose to "support" them based on their success to cover up some sort of failing they have in their lives and you can't have a decent Footballing discussion with these people because they'll just bleat on about how much they've won. I have a lot of time for genuine Utd supporters and I heard about that match in 1984 with City, but I can't imagine many Latics fans picking Utd over City, even if they are buying success

However in the opinions of those that clearly state they hate the scum it does matter a jot. To you....No

'Hate' and 'Scum' aren't realistic portraitures are they? I can imagine why it 'matters' to those who think they are.

While I agree that City have spent shedloads to 'buy success' let's not ignore the fact that Utd also spend large too.

The relative cost of each squad is as follows:

City - £365m and Utd - £265m

However I still cannot bring myself to want Utd to win at anything so City all the way for me.

Definately. Never understand why people would want united over city, purely because they've spent.

Rooney 35 mil

Ferdinand 35 mil

De gea 20 mil

Young 18 mil

Nani 17 mil

Berba 30 mil

Etc etc... Evra, vidic, carrick, Anderson, Valencia - none of them came cheap.

Essentially buying success.