Diamond Gone

Not one to read too much into things, but he must either be on a massive wage (so IMO we have done well do get rid as he wasnt amazing) or more likely the budget is getting severely slashed :cry:

Corney has said it will only be reduced slightly.

Bearing in mind all the other clubs in our boat are losing the same amount of money from the League I think we'll see most of our top earners moved on on the basis we should be able to replace them with a cheaper unemployed version.

It is no secret that had Diamond made another start it would have earned a new contract for 2012/13.

---

I didn't know this. I thought he'd been injured since last time I saw him hobbling off.

Didn't think he was too bad at this level. Typical 'ugly' centre half in that he was strong, brave and what-not but he'd have been better with two heads instead of two feet.

As far as other players being released goes, I'd be more upset about them leaving if we'd have finished top ten.

Edited by Twisbrogan

Injury record vs slashed budget and Diamond staying doesn't make financial sense.

Tarkowski instead plus I reckon well have Brown on season loan. Both combined will cost us much less than Zander so sound financial sense

Hell of a lot of pruning from next week with PDs wheeling and dealing paramount to our immediate future....and his at the club

It seems Hearts were right in pulling out last summer seems he is Fooked after all... Shame as once he got a run of games in he was decent and just what we needed. I would like to see Brown here for a season now ifpossible crap midfielder very good CH

-

Not one to read too much into things, but he must either be on a massive wage (so IMO we have done well do get rid as he wasnt amazing) or more likely the budget is getting severely slashed :cry:

Bit of both really.

I think we can guess he was on decent ish money, and the budget cut is public knowledge (same as everyone else as others have said)

Wasnt aware if he played another game it would trigger a contract, was it common knowledge, shades of Killen. Is this why he hasnt been near team? Would he have played if fit earlier during our horror run? Very close to relegation and money dictating selection.

Not a hope in hell of retaining Lee, Simpson from what has been said here, Wes likely to go as well in my opinion, Reid a certainty, plus Kuqi if funds that bad. Wouldnt be surprised to even see Furman transferred before August contract or no contract. Brooke will go, DJ will be kept as cheap option and did ok.

Forget Taylor as well he is recovering well apparently.

..... good luck to Diamond but we cant risk carrying players with sick notes. His style of play suggests he will get a bad injury but will get a club fairly easily.

Do you not think that the idea behind Diamond's exit is that more money can be used to tempt the key players to stay? I don't think the situation is that bad.

Still one thing is clear: as we struggled terribly in defence Dickov was effectively having his side chosen by Corney. Fantastic honesty there from the club. I wasn't aware about this one-game trigger, and a few others were not either.

I'm not overly bothered too much with Zander's exit. If Dickov could re-sign Reece Brown for next season, who has turned out to be very promising, it just leaves Tarkowski, who needs to do a lot of work over the summer. He's got potential, but the risks of playing two young lads in the heart of the defence were all too evident this season.

At least we're not hanging about.

thats two gone so who next ..Reid i reckon

good luck zander hope you get sorted soon

From what I was told against PNE it looks like Reid has really fallen away from being in the 1st 11 (even the squad) lets see what PD picks on saturday,

he was ok for us but no better i think if he had been fit for most of the season him and mvoto might have made a good partnership in time. He was earning very good money maybe we can find someone similar for less £.

I think next season could be a reality check for some people we are going to do well to stay in league one never mind push for the top half or promotion,