Gary Neville

Right,i`ve always hated Mr Neville,for obvious reasons and I was disgusted when it was announced that he was the new pundit on sky football.But fair play to the bloke he has been interesting,fair,relatively unbiased and very good in my opinion.Anybody agree?

yeah, initially couldnt stand his 'errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' monotone, but he doesn't mince his words and i would have him alongside Hansen as being a pundit who actually gives views on things other than repeating in speak what has just been shown on the highlights

I don't like pundits in general though he is much improved. I saw his analysis of the United game at Blackburn the other week and he talked about how brilliant Ferdinand was because De Gea saved a free kick and when it bounced out into the penalty area, he kicked it out for a throw in. Apparently that's why he is such a great defender and it made him a cut above. In actual fact, he was just being a defender.

Same game, Valencia scored a brilliant goal cutting in from the right. Neville pointed out that the defenders were 'all wrong' because they'd given him space. In actual fact, it was a great move and although Neville pointed out that another defender could have marked him, if that defender had been moved then there would have been a gaping flipping hole in the middle of the defence.

The above though is not Gary Neville's fault. He is paid to talk :censored:e and 'analyse' games, slow things down into silly motion to make football look like something which is completely pre-planned and choreographed and, if all was played as it should have done, should have finished 0-0 or 6-6 depending on whether a forward or defender is doing the 'analysis'.

As far as they go though, he's far from the worst. At least he's reasonably articulate. In general though, they should just bin off the analysis and show more bloody football.

Right,i`ve always hated Mr Neville,for obvious reasons and I was disgusted when it was announced that he was the new pundit on sky football.But fair play to the bloke he has been interesting,fair,relatively unbiased and very good in my opinion.Anybody agree?

I know what you mean and I really tried to press the like button but my finger wouldn't let me.......

He talks sense but he was such a vile little :censored: as a player I just can't do it!

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by him. As a player - horrible little tw&t who even when playing for England; it never felt "right" getting behind.

As a pundit - and I'm no fan of the whole pundit thing anyway - I'd say he's gone straight to the top of the queue. He is very good.

I feared he's be so pro United it would be sickly. In fact; he's honest and frank - and has at times this season absolutely ripped in the Scum. Refreshing to hear it on Sky.

That Torres goal moment though was piss funny. Ooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am getting to like Mr Neville even more now he has upset Man Utd. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-18033018 well done Gary.

Was United's argument to it that it would stop them doing the same thing and making money!? They basically wanted to council to sanction their monopoly on the area!?

:censored: me, that's the :censored:test objection ever! At least lie and succeed!

Was United's argument to it that it would stop them doing the same thing and making money!? They basically wanted to council to sanction their monopoly on the area!?

:censored: me, that's the :censored:test objection ever! At least lie and succeed!

That is how I read it.

You can't be upset about someone else profiteering if that is all you wanted to do.

Where is Rooney going to get his lard from now though?

• 6 months later...