Let's have a heated debate...

you have to agree with the club to some extent, about owning their own image rights, if thats true and not just a cock and bull story. Could they have owned the image rights to the old one?

Would be interesting to know whether latics had the same predicament, or weather we just did it for the sake. I for one would prefer the return of the old badge.

It seems strange to get so angry about a badge, club's change them for a number of reasons. Still the same club and considering they just won promotion it's a big deal over nothing.

It's a question of identity, which for me is one of the biggest factors when supporting a club. Clubs change their badge for one reason and one reason only. English clubs are run by business men with absolutely no connection with the club. They have no sense of tradition or identity. All history is thrown away each time a club changes hands - yet the supporters move with the times.

I wonder how long it will be before fans in this country revolt and we mirror Germany's fan-owned system.

MK-Dons-logo-300x300.jpg

there is a difference between the mkdons one and any other. that is their original badge. if you dont like it you dont lik it but it is still original.

personally think its quite clever, encorporating the M, K and D in the badge, spelling out MK Dons. the city itself is not associated with anything historic as its only a few decades old, so it cant go down th history route, so i think its a good one for them

I have to agree about our badge, and I have been quite vocal about this in the past. I have a real dilemma coming up, because I said I would not buy anything with the current badge on it, I feel that strongly about it. I didnt buy the black away kit, now third kit, and I really liked the shirt. This would be the first home kit I've not bought since the early 90's when I was old enough to save my pocket money and buy the "waste of money" football shirts myself.

I think decisions like this should be made by the fans. Easy to put a poll on the website asking people to vote on the badge. If it had been the choice of the majority of fans, I would have made peace with it.

I understand it was done for free by a fan, but it really did not need to be changed. We have so many more things that require to be done before changing a badge.

Once everything else has been done and the club is profitable (lol), then we can pay a company with experience in this area to design a new corporate identity.

I preferred the old badge but I think the new badge is not as bad as some say. It does make me wonder what the point was of changing it though as the change has no significance. I wonder How much copying of the shrews kit/merchandise has been done though?

Going back to the OP, i prefer the new shrewsbury badge, it brings the club forward into the 21st century as their old badge looks like it was hand drawn by an 8 year old... anyway, it's only a badge, what happens on the pitch is more important and it seems to have gone right for them.. new stadium, new energy = sucess!

Move on guys............

History counts for nothing, it's what we achieve in the future!

New badge is fine, buy the shirt and boost the coffers!

Buy a nondescript shirt, no way... bring back the traditional boad stripe and I will then.

Watching the 'Big Match' on ITV4 this morning made me think that we should've reverted back to the 83 badge. I know it was a re-branding exercise but Spurs went back to their old cock a few years ago and it looks retro, classic and timeless.

I had no objections to a jigging up of the badge and at least the owl is still prevalent.. I just think the new badge is :censored:e and looks about 20 years out of date. Won't by a shirt but will still pay my money into games.

Move on guys............

History counts for nothing, it's what we achieve in the future!

New badge is fine, buy the shirt and boost the coffers!

It's not about history for me, it is purely a financial problem I have with it. There are better things we should have been spending our money on.

The design is lazy and very generic looking. If our badge needed changing, and we had nothing else to spend our money on, pay a professional to create a bespoke design.

The amount of money this would have cost the club in lost merchandise sales (reduced prices for items with old badge) and rebranding is being underestimated by many fans. It was just unnecessary, and we end up with a photoshop template badge.