2 weeks.......

It's also been said that they are very near to an agreement with Simpson. When was that said completely passed me by. Of those signing on the BBC list would only be keen on two and one of them is Lee.

The Chron. in an interview with PD.

I think he's implying that he's less than certain we can finds a 20-goals-a-season man.

Oh yes, i see it now, minds completely gone tonight!

But in reply to the post, i think we could easily find a 20 goal a season striker - Kuqi could be the man to be honest, if we had the right service behind him!

It's also been said that they are very near to an agreement with Simpson. When was that said completely passed me by. Of those signing on the BBC list would only be keen on two and one of them is Lee.

Of course, who's to say that the bits and bobs are finalising and signing his contract before leaving! :deal2:

I'm sure Dickov said that Morais hadn't at the time (about a week ago) been offered a written contract because he was away on holiday. I think most players are off on their hols. quite soon after the season ends. Dickov has also said that he would be sitting down with Kuqi at the end of last week, but nothing seem to have come of it, which may mean Kuqi has decided not to stay. It's also been said that they are very near to an agreement with Simpson. I guess that once the offers have been made the players agents test the water elsewhere and then begin to negotiate with the club

maybe so but you shouldnt come out with a hard line approach like he has then sit on ya hands and hope they sign.....otherwise everytime he tears strips off players after defeats there not gonna listen or give him any kind of respect,saying one thing and doing the opposite.....

once the deadline had passed there should of been an update to say wether players were in negotiations or not......people wont buy season tickets if we dont sign anybody....

maybe so but you shouldnt come out with a hard line approach like he has then sit on ya hands and hope they sign.....otherwise everytime he tears strips off players after defeats there not gonna listen or give him any kind of respect,saying one thing and doing the opposite.....

once the deadline had passed there should of been an update to say wether players were in negotiations or not......people wont buy season tickets if we dont sign anybody....

Has he done that though? As it been announced that Dickov hasn't done out since the offer was made? Could have been on the phone to them everyday for all we know.

Not sure about the season ticket comment - but I do agree that there should be some sort of update from the club - would expect it this week.

Maybe the case is that we are now (providing the initial deadline has passed) effectively looking for replacements for the players whose contracts had expired. If we find someone and sign them, then obviously we won't have a vacancy in their position and they'll be forced to look elsewhere. If, come some time in July, we haven't been able to find suitable replacements and nor has the player found a club they want to join then I'm sure everyone would be OK with seeing if a deal could be done - maybe even on reduced terms. What I'm not sure would happen is the cub to announce any time soon that they are no longer interested in resigning players. Don't see what it would achieve.

Not sure about the season ticket comment - but I do agree that there should be some sort of update from the club - would expect it this week.

I kinda gree, this week to tie up loose ends, next week to announce.

Both players re signing and new signings

Not all obviusly, but some movement.

I think more this year might sign for end of June, so that they do not effectively lose a months pay, and get sorted.

So a few sorted last week of June, 1st week July

After that is the time to get twitchier, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Are we taking it that morais, simpson, mchangamanaga ect. have declined their contract offers then?

Otherwise this is the longest 2 week deadline on record!

Apparently Dickov is talking to Morais tomorrow and the final deadline is Monday.

According to Matt Chambers on twitter.