5b6vis.jpg

This is the Boundary Project. I have developed it over the past few weeks, originally working on the stadium and then expanding to build the surrounding areas - the following images go through the various features of The Boundary Project.

4iifkw.jpg

Firstly, this is the main stand - as you can see it is sponsored by J.W. Lees, a local company - which is the running theme through-out this project. The main stand is a simple one tiered stand which then has two rows of executive boxes and also contains the TV gantry at the top.

1tptn5.jpg

We then move on to inside the main stand, and we can see the view from the tunnel and the Latics badge which is present as you leave the tunnel and enter the pitch.

2i8udnc.jpg

In the previous picture you could see the ZEN OFFICE stand, which again is a one tiered stand which runs the full length of the pitch, at the back of the stand is offices and the adjoining corners contain further offices as well as the club shop/ticket office and 1989's Bar and Grill.

208g212.jpg

Following on from this we can see the away end, which is split into two sections, again in the corner, 1989's can be seen.

2eumnmp.jpg

Behind the home end of the stadium is the Oldham Athletic Training Centre, here there is an artificial indoor pitch and also 8 5-a-side pitches which can be seen in the next picture.

1twm6o.jpg

The 5-a-side pitches are seen here, and would be used 7 days a week to generate income

flbsqr.jpg

Finally, the adjoining retail park can be seen above, contained within this there is a cinema and bowling complex as well as a T.G.I. Friday's - Subway - Burger King - Pizza Hut - Frankie and Bennys - this would heavily benefit the town as a whole.

jzuqe9.jpg

This is an image of the full stadium from behind the away end - the training centre visible in the distance.

34j3ofo.jpg

Finally, this is another view of the stadium from behind the main stand, as you can see the Latics badge is prominent on the back of the stand.

This is all fictional and i would really appreciate any comments which you may have - for those wanting to have a further look at the Stadium, you can download the model from [http://sketchup.goog...9e64402f7ff687f] and you can also view all my other stadium models, including Boundary Park here [http://sketchup.goog...02076&scoring=m]

Thanks a lot for your time reading my post, hope you enjoyed - Latics_Fanatic

nice work, but how would that fit into the land currently at bp? for instance, where is furtherwood road on your mock up? presumably on the main stand side? i doubt there would be enough room on that side of the ground for the main stand you propose. and why the really long stepped rise to the the zen office stand? i dont really see where that fits in.

but all in all, top notch effort, really like the bar and grill idea overlooking the ground

nice work, but how would that fit into the land currently at bp? for instance, where is furtherwood road on your mock up? presumably on the main stand side? i doubt there would be enough room on that side of the ground for the main stand you propose. and why the really long stepped rise to the the zen office stand? i dont really see where that fits in.

but all in all, top notch effort, really like the bar and grill idea overlooking the ground

Don't think too much into it, it's not based on the current Boundary Park site, it's just a fictional model which could be built on a suitable site in Oldham!

Thanks for your comments.

A thing of beauty and just emphasises our current plight.

All the talk of stadium moves or redevelopment and nothing coming to fruition. If it happened and we were able to convince local and national businesses to aid funding through advertising, conferencing and taking over trade sites such as food outlets, hotels and possibly a cinema then it would present that shot in the arm the footballing side needs.

It does look good. Good work. Think its "too big" for 3500 (initially put 2500) fans but maybe if the match day experience was improved these gates would improve. I would love to watch a match in this stadium, but maybe we need some players for next season :) all in all a nice post, hopefully someone at the club will see it, for all the good it will do I suppose, wish we had money!

I think the stadium could be built on site at boundary park with the training ground redeveloped at chapel road?

The stadium itself looks fantastic and may I ask how/what did you use to create the images?

The redevelopment of boundary Park could start Autumn in that we recreated the lookers stand. (first image)

The Rochdale road end doesnt need touching imo but could have more refurb as could the chaddy end.

The demolishing of the main stand and building of a new stand.

rounded corners

BP could be fully developed by 2018 if things were all inplace and finance was there

Stadium plan looks fantastic but if the club were to build a new stadium what capacity would it be?

With about 4000 being the average attendance this year it would look too big for the fanbase, although, would less than that be too unambitious?

Its Trimble Sketchup free on Google rendered with http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/ by looks of it. Trimble just bought it so a name change. I use Pro 8 version for 3D Visualization, Animation and Games Asset Creation. Was used for early stages of Assasins Creed. Once you master the push/pull you can quickly create anything and then render in other programs. Like 3Ds Max. V Ray, Mental Ray(like my avatar) , Shaderlight. Good fun having a go. You can work in mm, ft or mixture of any unit.

http://sketchup.google.com/download/gsu.html

Feel free to do what you want to the model Hallam - Cheers for the comemnts guys!

too much time on your hands :wink:

particularly like the inclusion of the police box thing, and the advertising hoardings with 'Barclays Premiership'

I'd email the club, take one of those ends away to put in the RRE (because thats likely to happen) and we'd all be happy with that stadium. sounds like theyve got plans though or something lined up. very good 'back-up' though!

That is stunning. :first::chubb: Mr Fanatic is a clever boy and should be involved with the planning of any future developments at BP. And I don't want anyone saying, "What developments".

If you fancy a go yourself download the Shaderlight V2.1 Trial and watch the Webinar on youtube by Martin Cox. Its a full version of software think you get 28 days. Set up the background with a very dark blue or your own jpeg of a night sky and switch off the auto exposure, tweak it by typing in something like -4 on correction. You can then use the Philips web profile lights for accurate settings but make any repeat lights a component then when you change 1 setting they all adjust.

Its Trimble Sketchup free on Google rendered with http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/ by looks of it. Trimble just bought it so a name change. I use Pro 8 version for 3D Visualization, Animation and Games Asset Creation. Was used for early stages of Assasins Creed. Once you master the push/pull you can quickly create anything and then render in other programs. Like 3Ds Max. V Ray, Mental Ray(like my avatar) , Shaderlight. Good fun having a go. You can work in mm, ft or mixture of any unit.

http://sketchup.goog...wnload/gsu.html

I don't understand a feckin' word of that lot, Hallam. Technology has passed me by, but you seem to have got the hang of it! :wink:

BP1.jpg

Fanatics image with textures, added reflective glass, car in latics blue, brickwork and fractal trees. Lighting set for 3pm on August 14th.

If that's Oldham on an August afty, shouldn't it be pissing down? Just a thought, like. Nice job, Hallam.

Cheers Bristol getting there with it slowly. This image is done in Sketchup from scratch then rendered in Shaderlight. Hope to render some BP images with lighting.red+lion+night1.jpg

You are very talented Hallam, I can see businesses and individuals commissioning work from you.

A few people have suggest that 3/4 of the stadium should be used at the current BP site, so here goes...

jkungx.jpg

This image comes from behind the Chaddy end and shows how well the new stands mix in with the RRE

11b6lh3.jpg

This is another image of the stadium from a different angle - notice the extended back of the RRE - looks nicer than it currently does, how much a bit of paint and brickwork can do!

wcjpma.jpg

Finally, this again highlights how well the RRE looks when mixed in with the other stands - would be a perfect situation IMO.

Thanks again for all your comments!