Rangers in league 1

To save itself from any more ridicule, their leagues need to restructure and rebrand itself. I dunno, have a draft and start all over? Two leagues of 24? Anything must be better than the absolute joke it has become.

Agreed. I have no idea why they :censored: about with four leagues.

Although for a few years now I have felt there might be something to be gained from combining the English and Scottish leagues. God knows how it would work, and it would likely be to the detriment of us, but I like the idea of the top Scottish clubs mixing it with the English teams.

Edited by Yard Dog

When it comes down to it, the lower three leagues don't matter in terms of re-organisation. They get no TV money, they are just the equivelant of a very low non-league side. So I'd say don't get hung up on the forty clubs idea, there are about 12 of any significance (if you think teams like Oldham are of significance down here).

I am well against the two countries mixing, but would advise anyone to give Tynecastle (amongst others) a go in terms of a ground. It sets the limits on rake of the stand (legally) and has a fantastic atmosphere (for the right games). Plus Edinburgh is an awesome drinking/food/romantic place.

You've got to love the way they are trying to say that employment regulations don't apply to them. I can't think why a single player would stay when they can play in a decent division and line their pockets with cash in the process.

One can only hope that once they are voted out of the top division the league decides to elect Clachnacuddin into the bottom tier in instead of them.

Yeah as under TUPE regulations they have to consult the players before the transfer, it appears that they haven't done this so not sure how their legal advisors could say the players cannot object now.

Not just the employees but the union too- often that means just consulting with the union rep.

If Rangers haven't consulted the players properly they could all walk away and claim constructive dismissal. That could prove very costly.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like their playing third tier football next season, will they face a points deduction? Also do they have a transfer embargo?

The reason they're in Div 3 is because they are a new club.

That means they won't be punished for the sins of the old club. so no sanctions.

What odds are floating about for SPL Champions in 4 years?

I'd want long ones. I presume they will get straight automatic promotions but that wouldn't mean they arrive with a squad ready to play at the top level, dreadful as it is. Their best hope is finding a series of meglomaniac businessmen who aren't shy of a bit of fraud and bullying to get behind them

I'd want long ones. I presume they will get straight automatic promotions but that wouldn't mean they arrive with a squad ready to play at the top level, dreadful as it is. Their best hope is finding a series of meglomaniac businessmen who aren't shy of a bit of fraud and bullying to get behind them

Sadly I think that's entirely feasible.

Those clubs in the 3rd divsion must feel like they've hit the jackpot!

Usually playing infront of one man and his dog, a goat, and a rotting haggis now they will get thousands of rangers fans coming twice a season swelling their coffers no doubt giving the local pubs some decent trade and from the experience of them trashing manc city centre 4 years ago giving the village contabulary an almight headache.

I remember when Glossop North end had FC United in the north west counties league the 2 games against them paid for the clubs wage bill for the entire season it would be like that just 30 times bigger.