Donation to kids ST

http://www.owtb.co.u...showtopic=39153

Please see the above link, I made an offer to pay for a lads season ticket and it appears that others would do this as well

Now I live 2.5 hours away from Oldham but can anyone think of maybe a football club, school, youth center, disabilty centre that we could donate as many kids ST tickets to as possible?

If anyone would like to donate maybe we could all put our names down on here and send the money via paypal to someone reliable on here or playshare even with a reference of kids season tickets

I would love to make a kids day and maybe even grow our fans base even if its just because of Chaddy Owl

Maybe we can donate what we can afford in terms of if you can only afford £1 it would be a massive help

Any intrested please post below and any volenteers to collect money I would happily do it but think it should be done by one of the MODS as dont want put people off donating as may not know me

Thanks

Deano

Edited by laticdickovarmy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another idea could be local junior football teams where a Coach/Manager could take the kids from their team. So ensuring the tickets actually do get used.

I know 3D Dynamoes and Chadderton FC have taken kids to games in the past, If anyone knows anyone running a team from their locality?

Please see the above link, I made an offer to pay for a lads season ticket and it appears that others would do this as well

Now I live 2.5 hours away from Oldham but can anyone think of maybe a football club, school, youth center, disabilty centre that we could donate as many kids ST tickets to as possible?

If anyone would like to donate maybe we could all put our names down on here and send the money via paypal to someone reliable on here or playshare even with a reference of kids season tickets

I would love to make a kids day and maybe even grow our fans base even if its just because of Chaddy Owl

Maybe we can donate what we can afford in terms of if you can only afford £1 it would be a massive help

Any intrested please post below and any volenteers to collect money I would happily do it but think it should be done by one of the MODS as dont want put people off donating as may not know me

Thanks

Deano

I think this is a fantastic Idea deano and would it be wise someone emailing the club or simon corney asking about a safe set up were people could donate for a season ticket or maybe even doing a collection at the ground and all money raised could go towards seasson tickets because this will help bring new blood to the Club and extra income let's say each kid spend £2 a week on sweets at the club that's a extra £43 per kid it might not sound Much but it all tallys up at the end of the seasson

Does anyone on here have really good contacts with the club i.e would realistically get a response as on numerous occasions I dont get anything back from them most of the time

I know this requires parents consent but all football youth coaches have to be CRB checked im sure some of them can help people attend

Any local football clubs to Latics we could target?

I'm on the playershare commitee if i can be of any help at all? Either with ideas on where the tickets go, collecting monies and publisising the idea.

That would be fantastic mate really appreciated

Do you have the ability to pin this at the top as well?

This isnt so much about getting money in but more helping the community and giving kids who may not be fortunate a chance to support Latics and keep them supporting the club when they become an adult

It has to be great publicity surely for the website as well?

I a$ up for this too.

The danger is schools many pupils are not really interested.

I think a local football club or clubs is a good idea to overcome that problem.

I'd like to target the 5/6 year old as that was the original spark, and I have a 5 year old too so any club with kids starting that age would be my own preference

So many are lost from football at 17/16 that too

don't most kids clubs play saturday?

Os a jusyt giving page an option or is that only for charity?

There is leagues on Saturday but like with Sunday leagues struggling various reasons, football being on TV, school games, poor pitches resulting in cancellations most kids teams play on Sundays now.

It's a shame Hardy's gone he always made the time to answer emails..

Add me to the supporters of this venture.

I don't think the extra sweet/crisp sales would benefit Latics much, other than keeping theie caterers happy. But selling bits and bobs in the club shop to the kids as souvenirs of their visit would.

Thanks

Deano

I'm in - give us details of where to send the money to.

Good idea not meaning to sound negative one stumbling block i know from experince is some kids are desperate to go but if there parents dont take them they have no transport to get to games.

This is a good point.

Who collects, keeps an eye on and returns the kids to parents who can't / won't go?

Crack that one and this idea will be a success.

As a discussion point, and elaborating on tom's. Valid point, its probably the adult ticket cost that's the obstruction rather than the £10 which is a wonderful deal

Is it worth considering an adult and kids ticket for our donations.?

The only thing is Singe we would need one hell of a lot of adults tickets I think we should keep it as kids

As above the point on Hardy is spot on he always took the time to reply even if wasnt the response wanted

As for the point on transport its a good one and hard to get around which is a shame, parents maybe happier if we target a local football club and then multiple kids from one age bracket go and means more likely to be intrested if their mates are there

Right im going to e-mail the club now hopefully they can help a bit as well fingers crossed.