New Latics Official Website

New Latics Official Website   

194 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new Latics official website ?

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • I'm not bothered either way

I've just spoken to Neil Joy and he told me it's totally out the clubs hands at the moment, the change over has been forced on them and there are only 4 co-ordinators from the new web-site company helping all of the league clubs (I think thats 82 in total).

Latics have had 2x visits already to try and sort it out, but it could be another couple of weeks before it's back to normal.

I asked could anyone offer support to the club and the reply was it's down to the new web-site company to sort it as the club only supply the stories and write-ups.

Don't :rifle: the messenger.

Ian G.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appalling it appears Sheff Wednesday use same template and although gaps is just about functional. 4 people on 82 clubs will never work however its done to unravel the crap scripting. How did they get the contract?

Did the Football League contract this website company ?.. if so a mass email protest from fans (including from other affected clubs) might prevent such calamities ever happening again.

Appalling it appears Sheff Wednesday use same template and although gaps is just about functional. 4 people on 82 clubs will never work however its done to unravel the crap scripting. How did they get the contract?

Same as G4 got the olympic contract- springs to mind

probably.... when so many people including several on here could do it better as work in the industry makes you sick at the waste and lack of knowledge of those making decisions.

Smacks of going for the cheapest tender regardless of quality.

I've just been on MK Dons site, it's just as bad. The template is terrible.

The layout seems more to do with advertising revenue than actually providing information for fans.

It will need major improvments or I can't see it lasting long.

The company I work at create white label websites and they're laughing at its rubbishness.

I find it amusing just how many database errors there are with the site... an example is having an attendance of 17:00 on the results page. This should have been picked up well before releasing to beta.... never mind rolling it out to many different clients.

Why do the sponsors rotate anyway?! pointless javascript.

In white-label websites it is the responsibility of the client to input data, any back-end development is done by the developers...... I think Oldham are having issues getting used to the interface.

I wonder how many weeks of excuses we will get.....

Also - did Oldham HAVE to go with using this company? Why would they not let a fan do it for free?

The company I work at create white label websites and they're laughing at its rubbishness.

I find it amusing just how many database errors there are with the site... an example is having an attendance of 17:00 on the results page. This should have been picked up well before releasing to beta.... never mind rolling it out to many different clients.

Why do the sponsors rotate anyway?! pointless javascript.

In white-label websites it is the responsibility of the client to input data, any back-end development is done by the developers...... I think Oldham are having issues getting used to the interface.

I wonder how many weeks of excuses we will get.....

Also - did Oldham HAVE to go with using this company? Why would they not let a fan do it for free?

Good points, Daboke.

Content-wise, it is starting to fill up more but the legibility issues with that god-awful font are never going to be resolved, unless they change it to a different typeface, which should be possible.

Not just our site which is :censored:e:

Buy in advance for Latics clash

Tickets are now on sale for Brentford’s npower League One fixture against Oldham Athletic.

The Essex side come to Griffin Park on Saturday September 22 for a match that kicks off at 3pm.

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/oldham-home-tickets-331006.aspx

I absolutely loather the Swindon one, more than ours

I hate the drop down box covers half the screen.

I hate that you have to scroll half way down..

I do wonder which REception Class they decided to market research with.

Scrap that, even a 5year old would not come up with that.

surely by now the number of hits acros PLI has dropped significantly enougfh for heads to roll!

Surely the FL is to blame for this total mess. They should cancel the contract with the developers immediately. If they can't then whoever negotiated the contract should be sacked. All clubs must be complaining, yet we get no comments from the FL whatsoever.

Not just our site which is :censored:e:

http://www.brentford...ets-331006.aspx

I absolutely loather the Swindon one, more than ours

I hate the drop down box covers half the screen.

I hate that you have to scroll half way down..

I do wonder which REception Class they decided to market research with.

Scrap that, even a 5year old would not come up with that.

surely by now the number of hits acros PLI has dropped significantly enougfh for heads to roll!

Surely the FL is to blame for this total mess. They should cancel the contract with the developers immediately. If they can't then whoever negotiated the contract should be sacked. All clubs must be complaining, yet we get no comments from the FL whatsoever.

Mmm. Looking around the other clubs' sites - they're gash too, all at different levels in the great hierarchy of web-:censored:eness. Looks like early versions of a crapola free website CMS that went obsolete in the nineties.

Mmm. Looking around the other clubs' sites - they're gash too, all at different levels in the great hierarchy of web-:censored:eness. Looks like early versions of a crapola free website CMS that went obsolete in the nineties.

You recon the 'wrote' it in Dreamweaver?