The game on Saturday vs Stevenage

I'd potentially start Smith up front. If we're going to play long ball we may as well have a big man up there and at least it'll give us a better idea of where he's at than token 5 minute cameos here and there.

Unless we change the system, we have very little flexibility in terms of players.

I obviously hope for an emphatic win on Saturday but expect a narrow defeat.

Time to give Smith a go not bothered if either Slew or Simpson make way. Not much else we can change within the team, look at the squad we're up :censored: creek unless we bring another 3 or 4 in. Starting with a ball playing midfielder that has a brain...

-

I'd keep the same side, only way an understanding between the players will be formed, plus it be another game and the players should be getting fitter. If we can take a lead Stevenage will have to push on to us as the game goes on and hopefully Slew and Montano's pace can be used to exploit this.

I'd go with a 4-3-3

Croft and Montano in a forward 3, Smith upfront and tell them to cross it in to him. Smith's instructions would be to get your arse in the penalty box and if a defender tries pushing you out the way, push him back! 3 in midfield would be Furman M'changama and Winchester, two of them would go forwards to support the attack whilst one sits and acts like a sweeper between the attack and defence when the ball is cleared. Full-backs go forward and support (Cliff, you are allowed to go past the halfway line) Croft and Montano.

I'd potentially start Smith up front. If we're going to play long ball we may as well have a big man up there and at least it'll give us a better idea of where he's at than token 5 minute cameos here and there.

If we are going to play long balls to Smith we may as well use a scarecrow with a large Rubics cube on top instead. He may well have aspects to his game but receiving hoofs back to goal is not one of them.

I'd go with a 4-3-3

Croft and Montano in a forward 3, Smith upfront and tell them to cross it in to him. Smith's instructions would be to get your arse in the penalty box and if a defender tries pushing you out the way, push him back! 3 in midfield would be Furman M'changama and Winchester, two of them would go forwards to support the attack whilst one sits and acts like a sweeper between the attack and defence when the ball is cleared. Full-backs go forward and support (Cliff, you are allowed to go past the halfway line) Croft and Montano.

+1, get ball,give it to winger, run like the clappers down the touchline and cross the ball at the earliest opportunity.

I'd go with a 4-3-3

+2 However, I'd play Simpson instead of Winchester in the centre of midfield. I don't think its right to discount Simpson when he's being played in the wrong system, as a target man, rather than a creative midfielder which is his better position.

same as last night but put simpson as a link between Slew upfront and the midfield. change between a 4-4-1-1 and a 4-2-3-1 when we're attacking.

slew looks alright when he wants, so give him a free role to chase balls forward and get in the box. simpson can be the one linking and playing the wingers in. if slew gets tired, swap him with montano for ten minutes.

fool proof!

Had a really long think about what i would play sat and this is what i think if we dont get anyone in of course

Cisak

Byrne M'voto Tarky Grounds

M'Changama Furman

Croft Montano

Simpson

Smith

Thought long and hard and for me the only 2 real decision are montano or hughes and smith or slew or taylor

So short up top and at the back its a worry we are just 1 injury away from short in centre of the park as well

8 Days will define where we will go this season in the transfer market, although we could get 3 loans in, big far the most winnable of our next 4 games 4 pts from the Stevenage and Walsall game would been the target for me i feel a lot more positive than this time 24 hrs ago probably as be my 1st game of the season mind you :)

I'd keep the same side, only way an understanding between the players will be formed, plus it be another game and the players should be getting fitter. If we can take a lead Stevenage will have to push on to us as the game goes on and hopefully Slew and Montano's pace can be used to exploit this.

Stop talking sense, you obviously didn't get the memo:

Brown has to come in at RB

Byrne has to be switched to CB

Tarky has to be dropped

Croft has to lose weight

Slew has to dropped

Smith has to start

Dickov has to stop folding his arms & drinking tea

Quarmby has to lead to warm ups

Continuity of the playing side and giving the starting X1 more than 2 league games to settle - Tish; how dare you beag??

If we are going to play long balls to Smith we may as well use a scarecrow with a large Rubics cube on top instead. He may well have aspects to his game but receiving hoofs back to goal is not one of them.

Great goal scoring record at non-league, and he's locally based too - I blame the club for not scouting him and giving a trial at the very least.

Maybe a 6 month deal to see if he can step up? Though Leigh RMI, Stockport Sports and the mighty Bloods are also mooted as potential suitors, we may face a battle for his signing?

He can't be any worse than Smith

Cisak

Byrne Tarky Mvoto Grounds

Croft Mchangama Furman Montano

Taylor Simpson

If formation changes not needed, then. Bring on Slew/Hughes for either Croft or Montano if and when, one them looks ineffective or tired. Smith on for Taylor or Simpson if and when. Brown on for Tarky or Byrne If right-hand side not working (sooner rather than later)