Catering

Been saying this for a while....would need to employ a catering manager and more staff but if managed properly and reasonably priced food and drink was always available on match day it would increase income streams for the club.

Although at risk of sounding like an old stick in the mud I have to say the pies at games are not what they used to be. I used to always get a pie before half time, but I must of stopped around 6 years ago. I used to work for a dairy and our main selling point was quality local produce and the best pie I had at a match was Glossop North End where they were supplied by local award winning butcher John Metrick (he's appeared on the Hairy Bikers and other cookery programmes). Is there a local place in Oldham who supply good pies?

Although at risk of sounding like an old stick in the mud I have to say the pies at games are not what they used to be. I used to always get a pie before half time, but I must of stopped around 6 years ago. I used to work for a dairy and our main selling point was quality local produce and the best pie I had at a match was Glossop North End where they were supplied by local award winning butcher John Metrick (he's appeared on the Hairy Bikers and other cookery programmes). Is there a local place in Oldham who supply good pies?

Nicks newsagents pies are nice, top of sheepfoot lane, so close he could carry them down to BP. Lovely sandwiches too.

Exeter are IMO streets ahead of any other club in terms of food provision with their tented area. I suspect the general :censored:ness of catering at BP is because they don't want to spend money on infrastructure that is going to be knocked down later. I'd hope to see more creativity around the new stand.

My Missus works at one of the companies involved....although not directly With us she knows the people responsible..I've been asked to provide some feedback so I've given too expensive, often not enough and run out before the HT rush and the kid serving me once used a calculator to work out the price of two cups of tea....

Edited by Fruitygoo

• 5 months later...

2 pies for £1 if you pass a Poundbakery on the way - drink and crisps from sweetdeals - probably cost you maximum £2!

Shows how inflated football prices are!

It's got nothing to do with football - when was the last time you went to a stadium/festival/theatre and didn't pay a significant mark up on your food and drink? Captive market - why wouldn't a business take advantage of that?

Agree that the club/caterers should focus on a good quality product, but let's not expect basement prices...otherwise we are on a slippery slope back to bacon butty-gate!