161 members have voted

1. 1. Dickov In or Out simple as that?

• In
    • Out

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to change my mind, I voted out but thinking about it I'm not sure pd leaving is the best option, for a start we would have to pay compensation, then there's SC, if pd was to go then maybe SC will decide that enough its enough, and at this crucial stage with the new stand, new board members, I think we would be fooked. I hope that a tactical change, wether accidental or enforced, Sparks our team into some form and we recover from this early season mess, maybe as a last resort pd plays Smith and a n other upfront and we hammer some team, playing some cracking football in the process.

Edited by sunshine185

I'd be pretty indifferent to Dickov going. On the one hand, I'd like to see us give any manager a fair crack of the whip; on the other, I'm becoming less convinced over time that Dickov really has what it takes.

Just over two seasons are seen to be a fair crack of the whip these days..

Edited by RobOAFC

I always thought it was a knee-jerk reaction or panic when a Premier League clubs sacked their Manager in August or September. The transfer window is about to close in a few days, which leaves us with short-term loan options – if we can afford them!

A new Manager, which would cost the club because of the pay-off required to PD, would have the same set of players to work with!

To some extent PD is living a bit of a charmed life. Can you imagine the likes of Dave Penney being given over 2 years?

However, I’d still give PD 3 more months, and review options at the end of November.

Edited by Mark59

I always thought it was a knee-jerk reaction or panic when a Premier League clubs sacked their Manager in August or September. The transfer window is about to close in a few days, which leaves us with short-term loan options – if we can afford them!

A new Manager, which would cost the club because of the pay-off required to PD, would have the same set of players to work with!

To some extent PD is living a bit of a charmed life. Can you imagine the likes of Dave Penney being given over 2 years?

However, I’d still give PD 3 more months, and review options at the end of November.

We'd have easily been in league 2 or worse by now OR he would've turned it round and we'd have been top of PL after 2 games with Rob Purdie scoring the winners in both games.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

In without a doubt.

We get rid of PD, who do we bring in exactly? Ithink back to the Talbot, Penney Eras, we get rid, whats to say this won't happen again. We would then be royally up the creek.The season is 3 games old. Granted it's a slow start but it's not enough to warrant a sacking, Even after 10 games I think this is a little extreme.

We need stability in the dugout, on the pitch and in the stands- getting rid would de-rail the season and would see us relegated.

It's going to be a really tough season but the gaffer needs backing not booing.

in, purely because we have noone better, the key players signed because of dickov, and a new guy would be stuck with dickovs squad. can you imagine a manager who plays big boot football with this squad. we would be down by october

Depends, if you bring in a manager with a tough regime, i think it may be what we need. Someone who will kick the players up the arse 7 days a week and someone who isn't affraid to have abit of squad rotation to give youth and fringe players a chance.

But who's out there, off the top of my head...

Andy Scott

Steve Cotterill

Mark Robbins

Steve Eyre

Nick Barmby

Paul Peschisolido

Gary Megson

Phil Brown

Paul Ince

Sammy McIlroy

Iain Dowie

Dave Penney

Paul Simpson

Brian Laws

Lee Bradbury

Andy Thorn

Andy Ritchie

Les Parry

If that's your list of candidates i'd be very worried.

Out of that group the only two i'd like to see would be Steve Cotterill or Phil Brown, but i think wage and contract demands would be too much.

Dickov In, for now...

(Interestingly, Gary Neville has dropped from 50/1 to 15/1 for the Bury job tonight, something in it or just people being stupid? can't see it happening myself, with his role on SS and in the England camp)

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Depends, if you bring in a manager with a tough regime, i think it may be what we need. Someone who will kick the players up the arse 7 days a week and someone who isn't affraid to have abit of squad rotation to give youth and fringe players a chance.

But who's out there, off the top of my head...

Andy Scott

Steve Cotterill

Mark Robbins

Steve Eyre

Nick Barmby

Paul Peschisolido

Gary Megson

Phil Brown

Paul Ince

Sammy McIlroy

Iain Dowie

Dave Penney

Paul Simpson

Brian Laws

Lee Bradbury

Andy Thorn

Andy Ritchie

Les Parry

If that's your list of candidates i'd be very worried.

Out of that group the only two i'd like to see would be Steve Cotterill or Phil Brown, but i think wage and contract demands would be too much.

Dickov In, for now...

(Interestingly, Gary Neville has dropped from 50/1 to 15/1 for the Bury job tonight, something in it or just people being stupid? can't see it happening myself, with his role on SS and in the England camp)

Sean Dyche

Richard Money

Heart says out

Head says 2 league games with 5 or 6 new players in isn't long enough

But head also says this looks exactly like the same directionless dross we saw while we lost 9 out of 11 last season.

Corney can't possibly give him beyond the end of October though if it's still bad, can he?

We know what happens in February.

Heart says out

Head says 2 league games with 5 or 6 new players in isn't long enough

But head also says this looks exactly like the same directionless dross we saw while we lost 9 out of 11 last season.

Corney can't possibly give him beyond the end of October though if it's still bad, can he?

We know what happens in February.

Head says 5 or 6 new players?

That aint gonna happen!

Given the collapse in support I can't see how Lactics can pay the players they have so I don't anticipate any new signings. The squad is as thin as the money and injuries are going to happen. I want to see a proactive manager and so far PD has just reacted. I still hope he can be the one and agree that sitting in the stand would be a good idea.

Definitely in!  He's up against it with the playing budget available.  

Pre-season we were playing some good football and the players have let him down over recent games.  That said he's needs to rethink selection, formation and tactics as something isn't working at the moment.  The team shouldn't be that dependent upon Weslowski and I think mentally the rest of the team feel that the team is at he moment.  He needs to have a little faith in some of the younger players on the bench with Hughes,Winchester and Smith to change things around.

Above all the fans needs to give him time.  We shouldn't be expecting a winning team every game with the players we have and it'll be a struggle.  Even the likes of Mourinho would struggle here.

I'd even give Smith an extended run from the start each game because I still thinks there's a decent striker there.

The problem is that this level time is a luxury and the fans (and I'm assuming the owners) want results and to be mid-table at least early in the season.  If that's the case then he can only gamble on his connections at City, Utd, Arsenal to bring some youngsters in up front, in defence and in the middle.

If only Corney could find the dosh to get Clarke in so we have someone immediately effective in front of goal.

I dont expect to win everygame but to only have won 6 games in 2012 is a disaster for all involv ed at the club

6 wins in 30 competitive games so far this year. If we win 6 out of the next 30 league games that will leave us needing 8 wins out of the final 13 games to stay in this league. Unless things drastically change that's what we will be looking at.

2009 which for me was probably my lowest ebb as a Latics fan over a Calendar year, saw us win only 11 games out of 48. I think with the current squad and manager we will we beat that record and by some...