My brush with fame today

I went shopping in Tesco, Horwich this afternoon, the big 'un next to the Reebok Stadium. As always, I was proudly sporting my Latics away shirt. First of all I quite literally bumped into Iain Dowie in the frozen food aisle and then when I get to the checkout who's next to me in the queue but the actress Maxine Peake. I was star struck I tell you.

One of them is an absolute legend and the other one is, well, the bird out of Shameless.

Very nice bloke our Mr. Dowie all joking aside, really pleasent and chatty, and nowhere near as ugly in the flesh.

No sign of Craig Davies or Chris Taylor though :grin:

I went down to the posh ghetto-marsh-land that is the Olympic Park on Saturday and saw Tanni Grey Thompson rolling past the Orbit. Didn't interject as she wasn't kitted up, looked like she just wanted to get where she was going.

Was nice to see her though.

In other fairness to the ghotto by the river it's actually quite nice... not sure how long that'll last once the fences come down and the reprobates move in to the village, mind.

I went down to the posh ghetto-marsh-land that is the Olympic Park on Saturday and saw Tanni Grey Thompson rolling past the Orbit. Didn't interject as she wasn't kitted up, looked like she just wanted to get where she was going.

Was nice to see her though.

In other fairness to the ghotto by the river it's actually quite nice... not sure how long that'll last once the fences come down and the reprobates move in to the village, mind.

Was there too and she rolled past me, at the end of the evening athletics.