Clarke to Scunthorpe?

The money was there for Clarke, PD chose to piss about with a Portuguese triallist, gave Wes a rise and a two year deal, and paid a fee for montano as well as the Portuguese jolly up and he had an extra £9k off player share.. Which was ear marked as a contribution to the Clarke deal...but he used the budget as he saw fit ....he stands or falls by his decisions

-

The money was there for Clarke, PD chose to piss about with a Portuguese triallist, gave Wes a rise and a two year deal, and paid a fee for montano as well as the Portuguese jolly up and he had an extra £9k off player share.. Which was ear marked as a contribution to the Clarke deal...but he used the budget as he saw fit ....he stands or falls by his decisions

-

Time will tell whether these decisions pay off or not.

Agreed that we need creativity, a leader on the field, direction from the manager that is able to be followed... And .....

Someone to score goals

That's some club insider you've got there!

I'm as disappointed as anyone about our 15-year malaise but in response to your points: -

1) We looked far more creative with the Portuguese trialist in the team (and didn't his agent move the goal posts at thelast minute?)

2) Everyone was pleased when we re-signed Wes and it can't be completely surprising that it took a 2-year deal and a pay rise to facilitate this.

3) Montano is showing promise and may turn out to be the bargain of the season.

4) The PlayerShare money is a bonus, however it gets spent.

5) Clarke has a reputation for being an arsehole which was the sort of player PD wasn't willing to sign.

Having said all that, I'm jealous of Scunny for doing this deal and we'll see how much his signing lifts them.

Most if not all of that info is in the public domain mate.

For what it's worth Smith can have as much of an impact as long as we play him correctly. Get the crosses in and he will score goals but we need support for him into the box. I agree with the creativity aspect as Simpson has been woeful so far...whilst I haven't been impressed with Slew maybe he should be Smith's preferred partner with Simpson warming the bench...

-

-

That's the biggest dropped bollock for me, and a repeat of the Fernandez debacle last season. He wasted a whole pre-season on a player who he couldn't afford to sign!!

I know his agent moved the goalposts but even so, he still wouldn't have been any more expensive than Clarke and could havemade all the difference. It is absolutely nailed on that Clarke will score against us when we play Scunthorpe!!!

We badly needed experience up front and in midfield and we have ended up with neither....this team is not suddenly going to gel and start banging in the goals, and unless we strengthen in the right areas and change the way we play I'm afraid there will only be one outcome!!!!

Proper gutted at this news!!!

That's the biggest dropped bollock for me, and a repeat of the Fernandez debacle last season. He wasted a whole pre-season on a player who he couldn't afford to sign!!

I know his agent moved the goalposts but even so, he still wouldn't have been any more expensive than Clarke and could havemade all the difference. It is absolutely nailed on that Clarke will score against us when we play Scunthorpe!!!

We badly needed experience up front and in midfield and we have ended up with neither....this team is not suddenly going to gel and start banging in the goals, and unless we strengthen in the right areas and change the way we play I'm afraid there will only be one outcome!!!!

Proper gutted at this news!!!

So perhaps he didn't waste this pre-season chasing Clarke as we couldn't afford to sign him? It could almost be a lesson learned.

Regarding Slew, for me, Dickov is making the same mistake he did when he signed Feeney. A huge letdown and little desire. He was poor against Walsall and apart from the first half against Wednesday he's been lazy and no threat. The main centre forward is one of the absolute key things he had to get right and I really feel this is what is going to get him the bullet in the end.

Not particularly convinced that Clarke would be better either. He's had problems with both Swindon and Charlton and lets be honest, hasn't been hitting the net regularly for over two seasons now.