Jose Baxter

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the BBC piece and Baxter claims money isn't a factor and just wants to play and kick start his career. Regardless of baggage I would sign him on a 24 month contract on par with the likes of Taylor or Smith. He's worth the gamble as long as the contract has conditions - if he plays up off the field then the club can release him without any financial penalty to us, if he impresses then in return the club get a fee should a club come in for him to cover his wages plus a profit in return for our gamble.

I seriously doubt he would end up being :censored: because he's a quality player with skill and ability proven at Premiership youth/reserve level that is similar to League One.

If Dickov is anywhere near where he claims to be as a Football Manager then he can get Baxter to play for us and be the catalyst for the whole team.

Personal life

Baxter was one of three men arrested in October 2009 in Kirkby on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply and on suspicion of possessing counterfeit money.[5]

from wikipedia^^^^

according to sources at tranmere...

"he was a cracking player for us but a bit of a tearaway, he has been arrested numerous times for drug and theft offences"

Another Billy Kenny? Obviously has talent...

'Numerous times' is exaggerating. He fell in with a dodgy crowd when he was young and stupid (if i remember right, he was 17/18 when he got arrested on the drug charges, and the two blokes arrested with him were in their thirties),from what I've heard it scared the crap out of him so hopefully he's learned his lesson. Most Everton fans I've spoke to really rated him and they were surprised he didn't get more of a chance with them.

Could easily offer him 1 year with an option of a 2nd year if we want to renew it

The thing I like is he would add to the perm list of players we have not bloody loans all the time

That said of course he has to prove his talent, I have only ever seen him once didnt strike we as the players dickov said he wanted 'will run through a wall' but could get us ticking if managed correctly, im excited at the prospect of seeing him in a latics shirt at least

Time will tell but seems a no brainer if he is not disruptive and really isnt about money

If Baxter is as good as he could be then better players want to play with better players so could help us attract a few more

Please now get a CB

An Everton mate of mine who knows his stuff:

A good talent but has a bad rep. He would walk into Oldham but he needs to understand that if he wants to just get a wage, he won't make it at a bigger level. He plays behind the striker but he has a good touch, eye for goal/pass and some pace. Great signing for Oldhan

We offered him a 2yr contract but with a reduced wages. It would keep him hungry and wanting to fight for his place but he wants only £ so rejected it.He is great a reserve level but it is a big step up for an attacking midfielder but I think if he get his priorities right instead of just looking for £, he could be a great buy.

He was talked up like Rooney, it went to his head, played a few games at Everton then dropped to the bench & never took his chances like Rodwell/Coleman and slipped down the pecking order. Loan to Tranmere, should've happened 2 years ago if honest because the reserve league isn't competitive. He did ok at Tranmere but not amazing.Turns down a offer from us cause he won't get his head down & fight plus thinks he is owed 1st team cause we said he is gonna be great. Don't believe the hype. He will do a job but unless he gets his head straight he will disappear.

Worried about the attitude stuff, but think that there's a lot of players out there slowly realising that there just isn't the money out there and with teams having smaller squads there's less places up for grabs. Hopefully that's a rocket up his arse and we'll get the 'Rooney' version.

Just read the BBC piece and Baxter claims money isn't a factor and just wants to play and kick start his career. Regardless of baggage I would sign him on a 24 month contract on par with the likes of Taylor or Smith. He's worth the gamble as long as the contract has conditions - if he plays up off the field then the club can release him without any financial penalty to us, if he impresses then in return the club get a fee should a club come in for him to cover his wages plus a profit in return for our gamble.

I seriously doubt he would end up being :censored: because he's a quality player with skill and ability proven at Premiership youth/reserve level that is similar to League One.

If Dickov is anywhere near where he claims to be as a Football Manager then he can get Baxter to play for us and be the catalyst for the whole team.

This is an interesting point.

Since you posted that someone else has posted that it seems money is the motivating factor.

I see it as a major gamble, and if we did the 2 year deal and it went belly up then the kniives would be well and truly out for both Corney and Dickov on a grand scale.

I do agree about the conditions, but I tink that needs on the field too.

He has been off the boil far, far longer than he has been on the boil.

Personally I would put a large amount of money on him ending up being :censored:e.

He has allth e hallmarks of a bad attitude, Billy Big Bollocks, did nothing much at Tranmere-a golden chance, he rejected a better offer by Everton than we are likely to give him, I don't count Premiership reserve/Youth level the same we have had dozens in the last 5 years drop and none have really made the grade.

He's only played 7 games Prem games and is 20. He played 14 at Trannies and only scored 3 goals.

If Evertyon cannot get ghims motivated to the Prem, then it is a bit much to assume Dickov can in League One.

but yes, if wec an get somthing out of the player then thinks should start looking up for us.

A major, major major risk as far as I am concerend, and one we do not exactly have a history in excelleing at.

so he turned down a 2 year deal at Everton

he played 14 games in league 1 last year

he is obviously good enough for this level

Players haves signed on recommendation before now so why a trial? - why cant PD just ring his fellow Scot Moyes at Everton?

Whats wrong with him?

An Everton mate of mine who knows his stuff:

A good talent but has a bad rep. He would walk into Oldham but he needs to understand that if he wants to just get a wage, he won't make it at a bigger level. He plays behind the striker but he has a good touch, eye for goal/pass and some pace. Great signing for Oldhan

We offered him a 2yr contract but with a reduced wages. It would keep him hungry and wanting to fight for his place but he wants only £ so rejected it.He is great a reserve level but it is a big step up for an attacking midfielder but I think if he get his priorities right instead of just looking for £, he could be a great buy.

He was talked up like Rooney, it went to his head, played a few games at Everton then dropped to the bench & never took his chances like Rodwell/Coleman and slipped down the pecking order. Loan to Tranmere, should've happened 2 years ago if honest because the reserve league isn't competitive. He did ok at Tranmere but not amazing.Turns down a offer from us cause he won't get his head down & fight plus thinks he is owed 1st team cause we said he is gonna be great. Don't believe the hype. He will do a job but unless he gets his head straight he will disappear.

Worried about the attitude stuff, but think that there's a lot of players out there slowly realising that there just isn't the money out there and with teams having smaller squads there's less places up for grabs. Hopefully that's a rocket up his arse and we'll get the 'Rooney' version.

We're in the position of having to take gambles like this. The Beeb article suggests he's had a insight into life without football and hopefully he has reflected on what that would look like long term.