Jose Baxter

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Everton made him a contract offer which means you have to pay a fee

Think thats correct anyway

I doubt it. He is not contracted to any club at the moment, so would come free. If we had wanted to sign him back in June, then a fee would have had to be paid. Slew would probably be sent back to Blackburn if Baxter signs.

I doubt it. He is not contracted to any club at the moment, so would come free. If we had wanted to sign him back in June, then a fee would have had to be paid. Slew would probably be sent back to Blackburn if Baxter signs.

The contract offered was less than his previous = free agent

Just had quick wiki check, scored 3 in 14 forth bin dippers last year, they seemed to like him (kept extending loan) until everton recalled him. Plus if they offered him a contract maybe he just wants first team football.

Sounds promising if true... Can't be as poor as slews looked?

I think I've been bitten by the negativity bug. Can't help but wonder why this story has been broken before a deal has been signed. The BBC article reads like something that an agent would put together when trying to get his client a numbers of options to choose from.

...and it looks like it's going to rain.

Personal life

Baxter was one of three men arrested in October 2009 in Kirkby on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply and on suspicion of possessing counterfeit money.[5]

from wikipedia^^^^

according to sources at tranmere...

"he was a cracking player for us but a bit of a tearaway, he has been arrested numerous times for drug and theft offences"

Another Billy Kenny? Obviously has talent...

Edited by oafcprozac

Let's hope Jose's learned his lesson where Kenny clearly never did.

We could have a punt at Michael Johnson from City if we're going down this route again(!) He got banned from driving last week.

I wonder if the club would have made the announcement had the BBC article not been written. I would expect they would have wanted to keep it quiet.