Dickov In or Out

Sack or Keep  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Keep

Simple...sack or keep

I have now lost the faith, it aint about losing v Brentford its the fact I see no way he will turn it around I hold my hand up I think I was wrong I would sack him now before Coventry

Whoever thinks that Billy Davies would come here is living in lalala land however.

I am one who has been a happy clapper but enough is enough

So whats the vote say?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but today was when my head took over from my heart. Sack I'm afraid.

If we had a weak squad then I would be more patient but the quality now in and the performances point towards an ineffective manager and coaching structure.

Time to change at the top - someone with experience who can motivate and who the players will listen to.

Shame as I really want Dickov to succeed with us but it ain't happening.

I really want him to do well but even if we beat Coventry we are still going to be probably in the :censored: again end of October then November then Decemeber

I think the stats on here for me swung me and were the final nail in the coffin

As Rummy says a poll in the morning maybe a good idea, not sitting on the fench and defending him anymore im afraid

We have a side much better than the postion but we are mentally weak, cant afford to go down and then maybe not come back

I really wanted him to do well and I was hoping today we might turn a corner. He talks a great game and he can attract top players but whats the point in attracting them if you can't get the best out of them? Hate to say it but his record speaks for itself. I'm all for giving time but for the record he has, his time is surely done. One more defeat and I think he's gone

Sack for me

As of today I've voted to keep him, but in my heart of hearts I believe the end his near.

I'd rather we give him the benefit of any doubt and only sack him when absolutely necessary, which for me isn't quite yet.

This for me. I don't like making a judgement on the basis of one result and as I was quite positive after Notts County and Scunny, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

The end is drawing near though and there's no doubt the current squad should have us much higher up the league.

We must get a result against Cov.

Edited by bossrocks

I'm an inner.

We were never going to be promoted this season so the only objective is not being relegated. It sucks but lets face facts. We weren't going to get good football at BP this season as we watch a lower, lower league club with a basement budget, you gets what you pay for. The football at BP has been :censored: for about the last 20 years and it wasn't going to be magically better this season.

Sacking Dickov will only achieve a further budget cut, a period of instability and another go on the merry-go-round and I'm sick of it, I'd rather stick with what we've got and build slowly than look for yet another quick fix

I'm an inner.

We were never going to be promoted this season so the only objective is not being relegated. It sucks but lets face facts. We weren't going to get good football at BP this season as we watch a lower, lower league club with a basement budget, you gets what you pay for. The football at BP has been :censored: for about the last 20 years and it wasn't going to be magically better this season.

Our first team line up is one of the better ones in the league therefore rightly so, a lot of fans, including myself had higher expectations this season than what you have said, at least better than avoiding relegation. Especially with the aquisitions over the past few weeks of Derbyshire and Baxter it looked as though the squad could challenge the play-offs, I didn't expect that we would necessarily make it but I believed we had a decent opportunity and in or around that position was a viable opinion. So after the start to this season I find myself asking the question, "if another manager had these players would he do better?" Yes.

Just because there hasn't been good football at BP for a while it doesn't mean we can't strive towards having good football at BP and with Dickov, we are certainly not getting good football for longer than 15 minutes per game which is unacceptable with the bunch he has.

Edited by NewBlue

I'm an inner.

Sacking Dickov will only achieve a further budget cut, a period of instability and another go on the merry-go-round and I'm sick of it, I'd rather stick with what we've got and build slowly than look for yet another quick fix

'course it will. Latics are caught between a rock and a hard place, it's a :censored:e state of affairs, but there you have it.

Voted in.

I am starting to have serious doubts abouts Dickovs ability to manage the game but I'm not ready to give up on him just yet. I'd give him until Christmas, if things havnt shown signs of improvement and we're still hovering above the drop zone I'd have to seriously consider his position. It won't be easy though, who could we being in that would be an improvement and who we could afford/would come here?

Edited by BJBlue

Just looked 6 of the bottom 7 are playing one another netxt week

Oldham v Coventry

Pompey v Scunny

Colchester v Hartlepool

Massive weekend for all clubs

In September? Really? None of this matters until the Christmas period and even then that is only jockeying for positions the spring.

Coventry are probably the only fans who can be more disappointed than us at the start of the season in our division , based on expectation.

I think the manager needs a win , maybe even a scrappy one but ideally a big win.

The stats are awful , no win in 35 by more than one goal , in other words no game we have won in that time comfortably.

One goal in three away games , thankfully scored by the other team.

No home win .

Less than 1 goal scored per game.

Plenty of good players now , but we still seem a soft touch.

What price Coventry's season begins next Saturday?