**NEW MANAGER**

What's wrong with Fowler? He actually comes across well in interviews. As said, last scouse centre-forward did rather well for us.

Personally, i'd ask Joe to be consultant/advisor/Director of Football with Ritchie and Bunn as Head coach and assistant.

After that, there is seriously little else around. Dowie? He had a long legal struggle with Corney. He's also struggled in most of his jobs.

Sheridan? Come on. Been there, and so did Chesterfield. Same old, same old.

The rest are crap. That bloke from Barca hasn't got fixed up yet....Pep thingy.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be Dowie....if him and Corney have kissed and made up since Dowie left

There's no doubting that when he was here the players were the fittest, ran through walls and we attacked from the off every game and never, ever gave up.

Ok, he had a budget and a half under Moore but the current squad have the quality and potential to succeed at this level but lacked the influence...which Dowie has in spades

I'm sure he's affordable too and confident that he'd prefer managing to punditry

Imagine Wes, Croft, Baxter and the others swimming at 6am.....?!

This. Dowie all day for me, great days...

Imagine an ex- pro with no managerial experience but with bags of confidence who doesn't mind working for next to nothing and you'll have some idea who we might get next.

Exactly the same as PD in fact.

Alright Pete, I have all the BTB from when I was a kid, the best picture was Cockahoop Ritchie.... Is most of the BTB team still watching latics?>

Ritchie would be tremendous but it's dangerous. He should only be appointed (I know Dickov hasn't gone, but in my mind, and others', he's gone) for the correct reasons. I can't come up with any, sadly.

He did alright under similar constraints to Dickov.

He did well with a few quid to spend (sacked when 2nd?)

He got Barnsley promoted out of this league.

The footballing world was in shock on Monday when Mark Hughes walked out on QPR.

An even bigger shock for the gathering press though was the explanation by Hughes for his departure.

"I've been in management for a number of years now but something's been eating away at me ever since I hung up my boots."

"For 20 years I've had an overwhelming urge to right a wrong."

"I was offside and that goal should not have stood! I've sat back and watched a club drop like a stone, lose thousands of fans along the way and be passed from one owner to the next. All this as a direct consequence of my actions."

"Well, that will change. I'm going to use my managerial expertise plus all my millions to right that wrong"

It is likely that Harry Redknapp will return from the football wilderness to be installed at the helm at Loftus Road.

The footballing world was in shock on Monday when Mark Hughes walked out on QPR.

An even bigger shock for the gathering press though was the explanation by Hughes for his departure.

"I've been in management for a number of years now but something's been eating away at me ever since I hung up my boots."

"For 20 years I've had an overwhelming urge to right a wrong."

"I was offside and that goal should not have stood! I've sat back and watched a club drop like a stone, lose thousands of fans along the way and be passed from one owner to the next. All this as a direct consequence of my actions."

"Well, that will change. I'm going to use my managerial expertise plus all my millions to right that wrong"

It is likely that Harry Redknapp will return from the football wilderness to be installed at the helm at Loftus Road.

I wouldn't have that red bastard anywhere near our hallowed turf

He did alright under similar constraints to Dickov.

He did well with a few quid to spend (sacked when 2nd?)

He got Barnsley promoted out of this league.

Indeed. However, his general statistics aren't that impressive.

Don't get me wrong - I would be delighted if he got unveiled next week, but I think we must make any difficult decision with our heads. Having Ritchie back would be a major boost for the club, and if he did return I would completely support it, but I'm not sure if he is the man to take us back into the top-half and ultimately beyond.

Indeed. However, his general statistics aren't that impressive.

Don't get me wrong - I would be delighted if he got unveiled next week, but I think we must make any difficult decision with our heads. Having Ritchie back would be a major boost for the club, and if he did return I would completely support it, but I'm not sure if he is the man to take us back into the top-half and ultimately beyond.

If statistics are what you want Sheridan is a no brainier

Why would that be an ideal world? Why would we still want Dickov at BP, because he's a good bloke?

And Robbie Fowler? Seriously?!

because he attracts good players and people like playing for him by the sounds of it. he might be better suited to a role closer to the players whilst learning at the same time. but like i say, it's very unlikely Dickov would go for that

I mention Fowler because he's looking for work, has a bit of experience and it's as good as any names mentioned.i wouldn't go back to dowie, sheridan, ritchie etc, either..

Quick question - do you reckon he's gone?

I don't think Corney will sack him yet!

I really don't.

If the next game was a home game I think he would but, only a handful heading to Crewe will give him one last free roll of the dice in my opinion.

If he is still here I might even lump on us to win.

Has to be Dowie....if him and Corney have kissed and made up since Dowie left

There's no doubting that when he was here the players were the fittest, ran through walls and we attacked from the off every game and never, ever gave up.

Ok, he had a budget and a half under Moore but the current squad have the quality and potential to succeed at this level but lacked the influence...which Dowie has in spades

I'm sure he's affordable too and confident that he'd prefer managing to punditry

Imagine Wes, Croft, Baxter and the others swimming at 6am.....?!

I'm already tenting.

Alright Pete, I have all the BTB from when I was a kid, the best picture was Cockahoop Ritchie.... Is most of the BTB team still watching latics?>

Absolutely, Main Stand, Grey Block, Row D

(Sorry, I signed in with Facebook earlier - Pete)

Edited by meatpaste

Steve Cotterill

Without a doubt

Trophies -

Sligo Rovers

Cheltenham Town

Notts County

Stats

Managed 597 games won 243 win percentage of 40.70%!!

Edited by laticdickovarmy

In an ideal world - Sean Dyche, Steve Cotterill or Billy Davies. (None are realistic unfortunately)

Don't understand the calls for Ritchie, Shez ect. Other than it putting bums on seats for a month until it goes tits up.

The one ex-tic I would be happy with is Dowie, purely for the passion and fight he'd put into the team!