Latics 1 - 2 Crewe - in-depth analysis and comment

Your experience  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Did you:

• Enjoy it?
    • Not enjoy it?
    • Get cold and become ambivalent?

get what you deserve in Football, create all the chances but don't take them and lose, you can't complain. Your own fault for not converting and losing concentration at the back when you might not necessarily be under the cosh. Boils down too the management too me and we're surely just delaying the inevitable now

Start Taylor next game along with Smith, Baxter in CM alongside Wes, send Furman to SA a week early……oh and drop Croft why people rave about him I really don't know. Won't get the byline, forever inside and never tracks back. Been disappointed with him all season.

Oh and a new man in the dug out, and will someone :censored: Butler round the head with that :censored:ing clipboard!

Start Taylor next game along with Smith, Baxter in CM alongside Wes, send Furman to SA a week early……oh and drop Croft why people rave about him I really don't know. Won't get the byline, forever inside and never tracks back. Been disappointed with him all season.

Oh and a new man in the dug out, and will someone :censored: Butler round the head with that :censored:ing clipboard!

Never tracks back?! Are you watching a different Croft to me?

I can't agree on this one. Granted, I've not seen anywhere near as many games as you but, in the ones I have seen (Pompey [a], Brentford [a], Preston [h], Crawley [a], Bournemouth [a] and Yeovil [a]), I always felt he did track back, making tackles in our own third. I'll agree that he's not quite what I'd hoped for except in patches but, when he's "at it", he's more than good enough for this division. Based on the fact that he can, if not consistently, beat a man and get a cross in, I'd always have him in the team. All players, I suppose, will always divide opinion. But that's what this board is for.

To go with the poll, I enjoyed it in as much that I listened to LP and it always sounded as though we were the better side and created more chances, something which the stats bear out. What I didn't enjoy was those chances being wasted and conceding as soon as we got level. Overall, it didn't sound like a bad performance but, then again, I wasn't there.

Edited by Bristolatic

He's got 7 assists for us so far.. Agree he's been poor mostly, but can we afford to drop the one player who is creatin goal scoring chances for us?

He has been poor, but if dropped who would you put there instead of him? Perhaps Sutherland? Not sure if he's up to playing majority of a game yet. Millar? Don't think he'll cut it at league one. With M'voto back could possibly push one of Brown/Wabara to right wing but doubt that'll happen.

The in-depth analysis is that we lost. Doncaster were a better team and allowed us to flatter before we deceived. Crewe were not a better team. It reminded me of the equivalent of a game of touch rugby but then they scored. Why? Because we helped them. Dickov makes changes only by reaction. Montano, something not right with him, for M'Changama who started to struggle. Dan Taylor for Brown, because we were behind but a good substitution, and then Millar for Croft (Croft on one leg is better than Millar). The man that is not ready scored. BUT hey ho two minutes later failure to do the easy thing and kick the ball out for a throw in concedes a corner which is well defended until Furman slices the ball across the box leading to a cross and another far post easy header.

I know Smith missed a sitter and what looked like a perfectly good goal was disallowed but we lost. WE LOST!

I can't agree on this one. Granted, I've not seen anywhere near as many games as you but, in the ones I have seen (Pompey [a], Brentford [a], Preston [h], Crawley [a], Bournemouth [a] and Yeovil [a]), I always felt he did track back, making tackles in our own third. I'll agree that he's not quite what I'd hoped for except in patches but, when he's "at it", he's more than good enough for this division. Based on the fact that he can, if not consistently, beat a man and get a cross in, I'd always have him in the team. All players, I suppose, will always divide opinion. But that's what this board is for.

To go with the poll, I enjoyed it in as much that I listened to LP and it always sounded as though we were the better side and created more chances, something which the stats bear out. What I didn't enjoy was those chances being wasted and conceding as soon as we got level. Overall, it didn't sound like a bad performance but, then again, I wasn't there.

Would endorse this, and I was there. The team that was being slagged off on here as lacking motivation have certainly been motivated in both the last two games. Created chances - Smith had two gilt edged he missed - and worked hard. Not a wonderful performance but other than the first 5mins or so there was only one team that was in control. Crewe got a massively deflected goal, but when we equalised those around me were sure we'd go on and win. But then Furman slices a clearance, Millar showed why he's not a defender, sand bsam. There have been, and will be, much worse displays by Latics where we'll win.

As for Croft, he's one of the best we've had as a winger who tracks back. A very hard worker even when it's not all coming together.

oh and drop Croft why people rave about him I really don't know. Won't get the byline, forever inside and never tracks back. Been disappointed with him all season.

Hmm, can't level that againbst him yesterday, he put in a superb tackle in front of the main-stand paddock to stop Brown being exposed. I thought yesterday he was one of our better performers. Put in a real shift. I do agree on your last bit though, I've been fairly disappointed with him overall.