Philliskirk

Don't know if anyone noticed today at the game but philliskirk was constantly talking and encouraging the players today. Then after the game dickov went down the tunnel philliskirk stayed and shook every latics players hand. That's an assistant manager! That's who I think will help us! Complete opposite to taggart.

Don't know if anyone noticed today at the game but philliskirk was constantly talking and encouraging the players today. Then after the game dickov went down the tunnel philliskirk stayed and shook every latics players hand. That's an assistant manager! That's who I think will help us! Complete opposite to taggart.

Did dickov not even acknowledge the away support ?

Would he; if there were a financial incentive to sit it out?

I still think so.It would have to be fairly substantial to tempt Dickov. His mate has just been archered, lost most of his backroom team. Its just not how things are done. If SC wanted to clear out for a new team, there are much simply ways of doing it. Proof will be if some people are put in place. I am still strongly of the opinion PD was significantly involved in this.

Beginning to think yesterday may have more to do with disciplinary rather than football matters.

Certainly Philliskirk, and to a lesser extent Gerrard, were both heavily involved both pre and during the match so wouldn't think we'll be looking at bringing in a 'mentor' if Dickov is to stay in charge.

TPs kids are older now.

Perhaps he would be more willing to take on a bigger job.

I like the fact he has weathered so many storms of fired managers, maybe he could become Asst Mgr and Youth Team Coach (although I acknowledge the Asst Mgr/REssies is the more normal options)

He'd only take it with the guarantee of a job if it went tits up i think.

Don't see the problem doing that though, just put him back in the youth set up and everyone's happy again!

Been calling for TP for years, but now is his time i think!

I'd love to see Philliskirk have a crack at it. He's been top of my list of candidates for every appointment since Dowie.

He'll never get a guarantee of a backroom staff job but I think he's well respected enough in the game not to have to worry too much about finding himself out of work.

If TP didn't want the job when times and finances were good (relative to now) there's no way he'd want it if it were to become available now. I'd be more than happy to give him the role as PD's number 2 though and see if that brings about the needed improvement.

Why have we not sacked the 3 of them instead of gardening leave as we will still be paying them anyway

It means much the same thing.

We pay them for their notice period but they're not welcome in the office. If they speak out in that period I don't doubt they can be sacked for gross misconduct and payment can cease then.