Philliskirk

The rarely-wrong Chron reports that Dickov said any appointment will be his responsibility, saying “I would like to think that by the Brentford game, somebody will be in — but as I said, I have not had time to think about it.”

http://www.oldham-ch...-move-on-dickov

Which suggests that the decision to act was made solely by Corney and the board, if Dickov had been involved in the decision then surely he would have already sounded out possible replacement/s.

I still don't think we have heard the last of this!!

Definitely consider Donachie, where is he now?

That is not a bad shout if he still wants that sort of position

the fans would be happy and PD would have some experience along side him that could help him

Im sure Joe would have recommended him though if it was a role of interest?

Interesting re: Donachie in Sharp's autobiography, unsurprisingly refers to him as a dinosaur that does the same things day in day out. Whereas Rick Holden is complimentary….

I think at the very top level that may not be a good thing but at our level making them do the same :censored: over and over again may not be the worst approach

the amount of players who seem to struggle with the basics in this division is mind boggling, Willie would sort that out at the very least

Reading between the lines' TP is not in the frame

I didn't interpret it that way, it seemed to me that TP wasn't happy doing 2 or 3 previously full-time jobs at once. I can't blame him TBH. I think he'd be quite happy to step-up to his newer role on a permanent basis but would want someone to come in to do his previous job.

Interesting re: Donachie in Sharp's autobiography, unsurprisingly refers to him as a dinosaur that does the same things day in day out. Whereas Rick Holden is complimentary….

No need for any clipboards with Ricky, he did the same thing week in week out to good effect.

Let players play to their strengths, too many coaches over complicate things.