movto

brown

croft

changy

simpson

grounds

smith

baxter

cant see how else we ll line up, poss bring in mellor, but cant see it, hardly the strongest looking 11, but it ll be a good piss up anyways!!

is furman playing ?

if not...

boozy

wabara

byrne

movto

brown

croft

changy

simpson

grounds

smith

baxter

cant see how else we ll line up, poss bring in mellor, but cant see it, hardly the strongest looking 11, but it ll be a good piss up anyways!!

Smith needs a striker with him which is blindingly obvious blah blah blah I've said it all before.

Baxter is a striker.

Baxter is not a striker. He is an attacking midfielder, he barely makes any runs from Smith's flick-ons and doesn't hang on the shoulder of the last man.

Would you say that Derbyshire and Baxter play the same position? Derbyshire is a striker. They do completely different things.

Is he fook an attacking midfielder, just because he's been played deeper by Latics doesn't make him a midfielder, in the same way M'Changama isn't a left winger just because he is sometimes played there.

He is a striker, he has just played the support role. Anything I've seen on him from time at Everton and Tranmere says he was a striker there, I'll stand corrected if someone can show otherwise.

Is he fook an attacking midfielder, just because he's been played deeper by Latics doesn't make him a midfielder, in the same way M'Changama isn't a left winger just because he is sometimes played there.

He is a striker, he has just played the support role. Anything I've seen on him from time at Everton and Tranmere says he was a striker there, I'll stand corrected if someone can show otherwise.

Pretty sure he has said he's best position is in the hole behind the striker so therefore not naturally a striker.

Strange as we could actually have the team we want. One holding midfield player in Furman and one attacking creative midfield player in Baxter (No No and No again he is not a striker). With Dan Taylor and Smith up front, M'changama instead of Montano and the usual suspects at the back. If we go there with the old formation, as I suspect, hoping to nick a win we will get hammered. Must go and try to score more goals than they do - lets have a 3 2. We have got the next three league games to recover (can anyone see us getting anything from the next three?) and Corney wants the young players to get games.

To an extent the team picks itself imo.

Bouzy

Wabara

Byrne

Mvoto

Grounds

Croft

Furman

Changy

Simpson

Baxter

Smith

The only question for me is what we do on the left. Brown has probably been better than Simpson when they've both played but Brown is young and Grounds would be out of position. The Simpson from last season lacked quality on the flanks when played there but put in a shift and his experience gives him the edge for me. For this game I don't think a front pairing that isn't a perfect match will matter to much. Both of Smith and Baxter offer threats in vastly different ways. Just got to make the most of the chances/moments of magic they create for themselves/others.

I don't expect us to win (or draw for that matter) but I'm going there to support the hell out of the lads!