Forest- do we have a chance?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be Simpson on the bench and Taylor/Smith up front with Baxter in the midfield. The team you pick will lose. We are not there for a point but there to win so go for it........

Squad for tomorrow:

Cisak, Brown, Grounds, M'voto, Tarkowski, Croft, Furman, Simpson, Bouzanis, Smith, Byrne, Taylor, Baxter, Millar, M'Changama, Wabara, Hughes, Winchester, Mellor.

Likely starting eleven in bold.

Looking forward to a good performance ...

Chance? Yeh...but...no...but...yeh...but...

We do have a chance, but not much of one.

I'd go for 4-5-1. Smother and kick the :censored: of them. Then smack them hard...go on Nicky Henry....one crunched...go on milly...two crunched...Bolton...hah.....feed the bear...

Sorry, i'm having a flashback.

Still, would go for croft, baxter, furman, changy and grounds, with simpson up front (the alternative is crap, at least simpson has ability, just not played well). Changy and BAxter breaking from deep.

I'd be tempted to start Dan Taylor because it's unlikely we're going to get many good chances and he is probably our only natural finisher other than Jose, who plays a different important role in the team where I wouldn't want him moved from.

Put it this way. Given the chance of the ball falling to a player 20 yards out and a free run to the keeper I'd take Taylor over Simpson or Smith, they're not natural finishers.

Edited by NewBlue

I'd be tempted to start Dan Taylor because it's unlikely we're going to get many good chances and he is probably our only natural finisher other than Jose, who plays a different important role in the team where I wouldn't want him moved from.

Put it this way. Given the chance of the ball falling to a player 20 yards out and a free run to the keeper I'd take Taylor over Simpson or Smith, they're not natural finishers.

Simpson looked pretty natural when he slotted the ball past England's best goalkeeper a few months back.

Forest may be putting out a slightly weakened team (presuming the guys they bring in are worse than those that got hammered at Blackburn), but points to prove under a new manager and all that.

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/cup-role-for-simon-577194.aspx

Ultimately, we need to work our socks off when not in possession, keep our shape and play to our strengths when we get it. Also please, please, please move the ball quickly. The number of times we win the ball back only to allow the opposition to get organised whilst we don't look up or we knock it from midfield to full back/centre back/Bouzanis infuriates me. Anyway, I'll be suitably pissed to enjoy the atmosphere and I won't remember the performance once I'm back on the bus up the M1, so a result would be a tremendous bonus.

Simpson looked pretty natural when he slotted the ball past England's best goalkeeper a few months back.

Missed the City game last year due to being on holiday so can't comment other than say it was most probably a one-off but in his most recent competitive matches where he's had chances my memory tells me he's not put them away, probably because he's void of confidence.

I stand by the fact that Taylor is more of a natural finisher than both Smith and Simpson, or at least whilst Simpson is in this rut.

Edited by NewBlue

There is no way we can start Dan Taylor tomorrow to young and will get bullied by their defence. Take it from someone who's seen him play a few times. I would bring him on though. Simpson will need to start tomorrow good in the air and can shoot from distance. I wouldn't like to see brown start at the back would much rather see somebody else there

All pressure on the home side and home manager. Expecting a big win. Latics fans will be the only voices. We need big performances from the experience of byrne, quality of jose and a captains goodbye peeformance from dean. A win is possible, keep the faith lads

Can I have some of that stuff please!

Cant wait for the game I like going to the city ground and think it wouldnt be a huge shock if we did get something.

The two things I am not looking forward to however are the mull of kintyre and turnstiles that make the rocky road end seem overly spacious!

When you see a team win at Everton with Mark Allott on the left wing, you have to accept that anything is possible in football........

Kelvin Lomax was man of the match that day.

Anything is possible.