Forest- do we have a chance?

Probably not but stranger things have happened. I can't wait for the atmosphere and the day. Forest are packed full of quality, and we are missing a few key players. Would it take them to be at our worst and us to be at our best to be in the hat come Sunday?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha. I used to think it was his work rate that stopped him from playing at the top level. I don't think this after his last few performances, he actually works hard. He suffers from a lack of pace. But given more time which he may get against better opposition then he may shine even more

Edited by welshgaz

Probably not but stranger things have happened. I can't wait for the atmosphere and the day. Forest are packed full of quality, and we are missing a few key players. Would it take them to be at our worst and us to be at our best to be in the hat come Sunday?

like when we lost to Walsall in December 2007 and played dreadful, then picked up a few injuries and went on to beat Leeds and Everton the following week. I think the mentality of the Forest players will be the key, if we get beat it will be beaten by quality. If our players can't be fired up for this game then they should consider another profession

Edited by Tommy_Fent

show 'em a re-run of the Leeds and Everton games, and turn up the volume of the Latics fans. the first 20-odd minutes of the Liverpool game would be good to show just before kick off too!

Forest can be beaten and it's the cup so thankfully form goes out of the window!

O'Driscoll said he's taken other teams to the City Ground and changed the way they've played to face Forest, who play a rigid 4-4-2. His teams have given them massive problems and beat them 4-1. With Forest playing recently on a rain-sodden pitch, the pitch has been ruined, which could work against Forest.

When Latics played there in September 2006, they only had 7 points from 21 and were out of the League Cup. Forest were unbeaten and top of the league with 19 points from 21. Latics played Forest off the park and the 2-0 victory could easily have been 5-0, if three great chances had not been missed in the last few minutes.

Of course they have a chance! :chubb:

will we win? unlikley

do we have a chance? over 2000 making the trip must think so

the way things are going for us on and off the pitch it would be typical of Latics to go there and smash them!

i think a draw and a replay would be a fantastic result

prediction 2-2 them to score late on to level

It is a bit of a problem when you have a defence which at the moment is conceding loads of goals, an attack that is one of the lowest scoring in the league and 3 of your more experienced first-teamers banned. Especially when you're against a team with abundant striking options.

We'll make a valiant effort but ultimately we'll lose, maybe 3-0.

Oh, how I'd love to be wrong but I'm more excited about the day rather than the match.

The 1st 20mins are key to this the longer it goes at 0-0 the more chance of pinching it but we are incredible light in midfield and up top to a degree.

All i expect is 100% from every player, do nothing silly, keep it tight at the back and all stick together as a team. The longer its a draw the louder as fans id expect we will get. Our goal was to reach the 3rd round and we have now acheived that this is a bonus so I hope the players, fans and everyone associated with the club go out and enjoy it and give yourself the chance to be heros

I hope not. I thought M'Changama was poor on the left when he came on on Tuesday, we were crying out for an out and out winger as Montano had been our best player until he went off.

Square pegs in square holes and that.

I agree with both. However we do look better defensively with Mchangama on the left. Against Forest id rather that than throw a kid like Hughes or Mellor on who wont be match sharp ect!

I said at start of season we could do with another winger but when we didnt get 1 i presumed the kids would get more game time, clearly not.