Corney Fuming At Cup Ticket Ruling

A bit tongue in cheek in think .

If we gave Liverpool the small RRE 1600 i would doubt we would sell the other 9000 given it's on telly.

The last time we got in the play-offs Blackpool had more fans at BP than us !!!!!!!

No they didn't Blackpool had about 4000 there we had 6000.

“People go on about it as though it is a massive deal,” said Corney. “It’s good, but it’s not massive. A big portion of the prize money we got for winning at Forest has already gone on players’ bonuses. It’s a windfall and it makes a huge difference.”

Clear as mud, as always.

:petesake:

well i would give Liverpool the whole RRE 4,600 .

Still have over 6000 for Latics fans which is nearly double our average gate.

Pity these so called Latics fans can't support them when they play league games and we wouldn't be in the position we are.

Pity these so called Latics fans can't support them when they play league games and we wouldn't be in the position we are.

This attitude annoys me. I've been a Latics fan since the mid-80s but I live :censored:ing miles away from Boundary Park and have three young kids, meaning I don't have the time or money to attend on a regular basis but of course I want to see my club play in a big one-off game against Liverpool. Why should anyone begrudge me having the opportunity to do so (if I do manage to get a ticket)?

This is a quote from the article

The police will have their say and they will tell us there will be 2,500 Liverpool fans in that ground.

Does this mean we are only giving them 2500 tickets for the large RRE section and the other 500 im guessing are empty seats between fans? or did I just read this wrong?

A bit tongue in cheek in think .

If we gave Liverpool the small RRE 1600 i would doubt we would sell the other 9000 given it's on telly.

The last time we got in the play-offs Blackpool had more fans at BP than us !!!!!!!

We had twice as many fans as they did! the blackpool crowd was 12100 with just over 4000 away fans

You would rather the ground be nearly half filled with Scoucers?

We took over 6000 to bloody Anfield you plank!!!

There will always be increased demand for the big games that occasionally come along....we took 30,000 to Wembley.

We want to have the best chance of winning this game and it will help by having a ground filled with as much blue and white as possible!

This attitude annoys me. I've been a Latics fan since the mid-80s but I live :censored:ing miles away from Boundary Park and have three young kids, meaning I don't have the time or money to attend on a regular basis but of course I want to see my club play in a big one-off game against Liverpool. Why should anyone begrudge me having the opportunity to do so (if I do manage to get a ticket)?

+1. I've watched Oldham since 1975, and had season tickets until I moved because of work. I also used to go to every away game and most Thursday reserve games. Having kids and living over 100 miles away means i get to half the games, but i'm somehow not entitled to a ticket? Somehow, ST holders are superior. Somehow i've got inferior status. Give it to a Liverpool fan? Cheers for that. Now i've got to get back on Saturday for a token which i can't use until Sunday. Still, the things you do for love.....

Because you use the 'C' word on an Internet message board?

You would rather the ground be nearly half filled with Scoucers?

We took over 6000 to bloody Anfield you plank!!!

There will always be increased demand for the big games that occasionally come along....we took 30,000 to Wembley.

We want to have the best chance of winning this game and it will help by having a ground filled with as much blue and white as possible!

Yeh and we took 5500 to Everton yet one week later (even after a great victory) we got less than 5000 for the league game with Brighton.

Even with 6000 tickets it is enough for every GENUINE latics fan to get a ticket.

Of course there will always be exceptions , ie people living far away etc etc but you can't cater for everybody.

If we can sell them fine - if not give them to the scoucers as long as the ground is full .

+1. I've watched Oldham since 1975, and had season tickets until I moved because of work. I also used to go to every away game and most Thursday reserve games. Having kids and living over 100 miles away means i get to half the games, but i'm somehow not entitled to a ticket? Somehow, ST holders are superior. Somehow i've got inferior status. Give it to a Liverpool fan? Cheers for that. Now i've got to get back on Saturday for a token which i can't use until Sunday. Still, the things you do for love.....

You are entitled to a ticket - go and queue next week for one ,

there are only 2500 S/T holders and far more tickets than that available so no problem.

And yes - when it comes to tickets for big matches then S/T holders ARE superior.

Edited by losesome

And borne the costs of running it on the off chance of filling it once every 5 years?

I understand the costs point more than clearly.

But it rather undermines his little moan on this one. It was a business decision made. This is one of the consequences. In the big scheme of things the club is up on the deal.

I understand the costs point more than clearly.

But it rather undermines his little moan on this one. It was a business decision made. This is one of the consequences. In the big scheme of things the club is up on the deal.

And the decision seemed sensible at the time when the development boom was still on and a new stand hadn't been doubly shafted by housing prices collapsing and the coumcil refusing planning permission

I am pretty sure if you explained this to the correct person at the club on Saturday they would be sympathetic to your predicament.

I'm also a pay on the day fan and last year I was in Spain when the Liverpool tickets were on sale....they put 2 tickets in an envelope for me for collection on my return.

Try speaking to someone on the phone before hand and take a proof of address with you on Saturday.

It's good to talk!!

Lets not forget Latics didnt pay for the stand in the first place, Ford did 100%, did little maintenance and couldnt be knocked down quickly enough without firm plans sorted.

The Ford Sporting League! That was my first season watching Latics as a kid! (Taken to BP by my Liverpool born father). According to Wiki: "Its only season was that of 1970–1971. Clubs were awarded a point for every goal scored at home and two points for every goal scored away, but lost 5 points if a player was booked and 10 points if a player was sent off.

Points could be earned over the first 42 league games (it did not apply to cup ties) only, so that the First and Second divisions were on an equal footing with the Third and Fourth.

Oldham Athletic won the competition, winning a pot of £70,000. League rules stipulated the prize money be used on stadium improvements, so the money went to build a stand in the stadium.

The £70,000 prize fund was made up of 8 monthly prizes of £2,500 and then a final prize of £50,000. The points total was cumulative, which resulted in Oldham winning each prize available, as they picked up only four bookings and no red cards over the 42 game period."

Did the club manage to build the stand for only £70k?

Only 4 bookings over the season! We wouldn't win a Ford Sporting type league this season!

If memory serves me right (only 10 years old and life was simple) we won the Ford sporting league 2 years on the bounce and that paid for the stand, sure some old codger will put me right if this is wrong

Can't have it was only run the once.