Transfer (in)activity

I believe 99.9% of us are in agreement that 99.9% of the current bunch of players aren't doing the (french) blue jersey proud and that a swift overhaul is necessary. Therefore why the chuff haven't we signed anyone? At the start of December, we were told that plans were in motion to bring Derbyshire back after the Forest game. Derbyshire apparently has other ideas (can't blame him really), Dickov then went public almost a fortnight ago telling MD to make his mind up so we can pursue other targets. Who, exactly? Why no movement to at least try and improve the team?

I believe 99.9% of us are in agreement that 99.9% of the current bunch of players aren't doing the (french) blue jersey proud and that a swift overhaul is necessary. Therefore why the chuff haven't we signed anyone? At the start of December, we were told that plans were in motion to bring Derbyshire back after the Forest game. Derbyshire apparently has other ideas (can't blame him really), Dickov then went public almost a fortnight ago telling MD to make his mind up so we can pursue other targets. Who, exactly? Why no movement to at least try and improve the team?

Have you been away mate?

After signing Baxter (which was the signing that the majority of fans were desperate for) it is hardly surprising that there is nothing left over. Considering the £10k a week he was reported to have been offered elsewhere it's unlikely that he's signed for less than half that. If we're going to get someone else it'll need their club to largely fund it. In those circumstances I'd only expect it to happen at the end of the month when the club has given up hope of finding a buyer/borrower who'll pay more of his wages.

Derbyshire won't be available until the end of the transfer window when Forest have been unable to offload him. They then have to decide whether they want him to come back to us or not. They may be able to get more of his wages from another club. If not then if we are willing to pay what we were paying before, then he may be back.

After signing Baxter (which was the signing that the majority of fans were desperate for) it is hardly surprising that there is nothing left over. Considering the £10k a week he was reported to have been offered elsewhere it's unlikely that he's signed for less than half that. If we're going to get someone else it'll need their club to largely fund it. In those circumstances I'd only expect it to happen at the end of the month when the club has given up hope of finding a buyer/borrower who'll pay more of his wages.

Baxter won't be on anything like 5k. I reckon 1-2k basic.

SC says have to balance the need to release Youth players, yet not the chance to see them play.

EDit It starts at 2:54

My post was in regard to someone saying that he club said we were signing Jason Scotland and they are talking :censored:.

Someone read the rumour probably on here and took it as gospel

Well they were saying that Jason Scotland was supposed to be joining. Clearly that is hot air!!! We in desperate need in some quality, as we have no depth at all!

Well if you read what I posted I said my mate had heard it and that his source was twitter, to which I said that I was sceptical of anything on twitter. I thought I'd put it on here to see if anyone had heard the same. I apologise for any misleading information