50/50 scarves

Is it me or are they abit too nicey nicey?

I'm turning up tomorrow with the intention that I want Oldham to win and I want to do my bit to make it abit of an intimidating atmosphere I'm going to support my team I don't want to wear anything which is in support of the opposition. I don't have anything particularly against Liverpool infact the irony is for the last 18 months I've lived with a liverpool fan so the fact we've had them the last 2 years in the cup is slightly ironic but I have no interest in wearing any clober in support of that team.

Will the people wearing these be cheering each teams goals? or perhaps if its a draw they will invade the pitch as neither team in utter elation that neither team has lost?

Any thoughts on this subject? apologies if its already been discussed.

They are :censored: :censored: and we aren't doing any official ones but there has been a picture going round twitter of some bloke flogging some unofficial ones outside what looks like Spindles.

The only time they come close to being reasonable is when two sides are playing at a neutral location where a decent % of fans are neutral. So mainly international tournaments or European club finals.

Edited by rudemedic

My lad bought one yesterday.

It hangs on the bedroom wall with the various metal badges attached to it (the Forest v Latics FA Cup third round one in pride of place, with a plan to move it should we win today).

It looks good and is classier than the pictures of footballers ripped out of Shoot! magazine to adorn my walls as a kid.

I'm in my early 30s and my mum will still buy me the Shoot annual at Xmas!

I'm not a fan of 50 / 50 scarves, unless there's a connection between the clubs like us and Ejntracht.

But others like them,and it's money for the club so don't see the problem.

Edited by Yard Dog

If you have such a problem with it, buy it but keep it at home as memorbilia.

I don't see why in the name of God you would have a problem with it unless you're so insecure about who support it pains you.

Insecure about who I support, don't make me laugh. I don't like them because they are all about the big game(s) and have only really appeared in this country since the formation of the Greedy League. You can't buy them for the "massive" Oldham v Rochdale/Bury/Huddersfield which actually get to the roots of football as a tribal game but you can buy knock-off ones (and they usually are always Knock-off) for Wigan v Fulham.

Plus anything that is brought out of a supermarket trolley some distance from the appropriate supermarket screams high quality, well made merchandise doesn't it.

(So does a few things bought from our official shop though :wink: )

Insecure about who I support, don't make me laugh. I don't like them because they are all about the big game(s) and have only really appeared in this country since the formation of the Greedy League. You can't buy them for the "massive" Oldham v Rochdale/Bury/Huddersfield which actually get to the roots of football as a tribal game but you can buy knock-off ones (and they usually are always Knock-off) for Wigan v Fulham.

Plus anything that is brought out of a supermarket trolley some distance from the appropriate supermarket screams high quality, well made merchandise doesn't it.

(So does a few things bought from our official shop though :wink: )

Agreed, It's based purely on sale. That said, how many people would buy one of those Oldham v Hudds/Rochdull/Bury?

I once emailed the club and asked if they could make a plain blue/white scarf in 2009 to encourage it a bit more an arrange a sort of scarf-raising song. Didn't all go together but it certainly worked: they sold them for 2-3 weeks.

Sen

On a side note, have latics ever made anything of the link up with frankfurt? a line in the club shop is a good idea, and a pre season friendly wouldnt go amiss

In the past but not recently, no. Would be amazing to see. Can't imagine they'd hold up for their current form in the Bundesliga for Latics though.