Paul came to me and said things weren't working. Said that they mutually decided that it wasn't right and needed to part ways.

I gave him every opportunity.

It's a result driven business.

I'd swap Liverpool game to stay in the division. We can't go down financially and with our fanbase.

1st time I've made a managerial change and been emotional because me and Paul are very good friends.

Players have things to answer, they let him down and raised suggestions that they only perform in front of the cameras.

Stan Collymore: What manager will you try to get?

At times I wants the young hungry guy but it didn't work with Paul.

Old experienced manager might not suit the club and the youth develop that we have.

Stan: Will you stay as Chairman of the club?

10 years has flown by and I'm not going anywhere. Football is a drug. Although we have lows it's still great to be involved and I love it.

Stress goes with it as the money has increased in the game and it's harder for clubs like ours.

Looking forward to beginning construction of the new stand. Will bring income on and off the field for the club.

Personally, I thought that the age of the manager comment was very interesting.

Edited by NewBlue

hmmm, yes. Seemed a very interesting comment. One would say that maybe experience would be a good thing to try. In my opinion though. Managers come in all shapes and sizes, old and young, and i would say that age should not be stressed upon. There are many good young managers, there are many bad young managers. There are many good old managers, there are many bad old manager. We need a manager

hmmm, yes. Seemed a very interesting comment. One would say that maybe experience would be a good thing to try. In my opinion though. Managers come in all shapes and sizes, old and young, and i would say that age should not be stressed upon. There are many good young managers, there are many bad young managers. There are many good old managers, there are many bad old manager. We need a manager

Spot on. We definitely need a manager.

The young, hungry manager is perfectly fine given a full pre-season and season ahead of him, but not in our situation. We need somebody experienced and somebody who will take no prisoners!

Di Canio then, he's Italian. Seriously though Owen Coyle would be perfect, what is he doing now?

I really can't envisage any experienced league manager worth his salt wanting to take Oldham on - I think that we need to settle for an ambitious, successful, non-league manager and hope that he comes good.

Majority of the names we've said are all dreaming. That goes for Megson. Billy Davies, jewell. Someone actually mentioned Adkins. Baffling. We will end up with micky Mellon.

Adkins maybe. Davies has been out of work for 3 years, obviously not bombarded with offers.

I really can't envisage any experienced league manager worth his salt wanting to take Oldham on - I think that we need to settle for an ambitious, successful, non-league manager and hope that he comes good.

Rob Scott at Grimsby is doing well, but I think SC will go for someone who knows how to grind out results in this division in the short term.

micky mellon wont come here he had money at fleetwood

are you saying he would turn us down because he had money at another club?

even though he only managed a team in the league for less than 20 games and only has real experience in the confrence and below........he will have a :censored:in short managment career if thats what his attitude is like

Edited by palmer1

seen somewhere that SC had 20 managers show interest in the job once the news about PD went public

found a list of managers link to the job on http://www.thesackrace.com/job-centre

Nick Barmby Blackpool, Oldham Athletic

Phil Brown - Blackpool, Huddersfield Town, Notts County, Oldham Athletic, Stoke City, West Ham United

Owen Coyle - Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackpool, Celtic, Everton, Fulham,Huddersfield Town, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United,Notts County, Oldham Athletic, Republic Of Ireland, Stoke City,Tottenham Hotspur

Alan Curbishley - Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackpool, Celtic, Everton, Fulham,Huddersfield Town, Manchester United, Oldham Athletic, Republic Of Ireland, Stoke City, West Ham United

Billy Davies - Blackpool, Celtic, Everton, Huddersfield Town, Oldham Athletic,Rangers, Stoke City, West Ham

Iain Dowie - Huddersfield Town, Oldham Athletic, Stoke City, West Ham United

Peter Houston - Blackpool, Huddersfield Town, Oldham Athletic

Paul Ince - Blackpool, Everton, Huddersfield Town, Manchester United, Notts County, Oldham Athletic, West Ham United

Alan Irvine - Notts County, Oldham Athletic

Steve Kean - Huddersfield Town, Oldham Athletic

Paul Jewell - Huddersfield Town, Oldham Athletic

Derek McInnes - Celtic, Oldham Athletic, Rangers

Gary Megson - Huddersfield Town, Notts County, Oldham Athletic, Stoke City, West Ham United

Micky Mellon - Blackpool, Huddersfield Town, Oldham Athletic

out of that list Jewell, Megson, Dowie seem realistic possibilities that id be happy with

Why would an out of work manager not want a job? Think we will be surprised whos interested. Adkins possibly Grayson fair enough but non of others are Mourinho are they?

Adkins possibly? Adkins 100% definitely not. Why would billy Davies come to us? No chance there either.